Magic Item Free Campaigns

Currently researching how that would work. If the rules require they be allowed in they would be, if not I'd prefer to stop them at the door. Need to be absolutely sure this can be done before making any definitive statements on that one. :)

I think those two rits would have to be allowed in, if only because it'd be a logistical nightmare otherwise. I think it's the same reason those rituals can no longer be LCO. Of course, I could be wrong and hopefully someone will correct me if I am.

For what it's worth, from my perspective (and this is just my view, not any sort of official ruling or anything!!!!)... It's opening up a big can of worms to allow characters who have Regen/CSS without their attached Regen/CSS working. It's why we asked the Owners to pass (and they did!) a change disallowing Regen and CSS from being LCO rituals, to avoid precisely this scenario.

I would strongly advise either (a) let Regen/CSS in, and *only* Regen/CSS, or (b) don't allow characters in with Regen/CSS at all. Some of the alternatives get reeeeeeeally messy (we on ARC have talked about some of the scenarios and they create big, cross-chapter problems).

Just my 2 cents.

-Bryan

There's the answer. Regen is easy to deal with, locals would just think you're Rebirthed. CSS... that'd be interesting and a CSS'd player who let that fact be known could end up with some very lively plot of varying varieties. Thanks Polare! I wasn't sure if it was a rule or a "please don't."

Cool. :)

So getting back to main topic, I think this could be a really neat setting. Personally, I'd roll undead with it, but its just because they're my cup of tea. I look forward to seeing what you might come up with Toddo.

-Ali

Trying to avoid writing plot until I know I have a home for it, though my brain does not obey my commands to do this step by step.

This world is great for a rogue. Would there be limitations on skill sets? A rogue can 2 gas kill ALOT of things in a no magic item world. With magic armor being rare too, waylay's effective increases even further.

So would this chapter be called "Sadeen Moor?"

It would be awkward to have my magic solution heavy PC Ritualist show up, and want to leave again very quickly LOL

All in all sounds like a fun game, I'd be down.

Here's a thought for the CSS people and possibly even the regen. THe rituals, when people see the effects....are percieved as some sort of evil/chaos based influence. Thing the pack of villagers going after Frankenstein's monster. Or you could even put a twist on it. They come back but can't interact for a limited period of time, effectively a "Ghost". Meh.. Just something that popped in, thought it might present an interesting idea for ya.
I find this a very interesting concept. Let me know where/if you decide to run something.

Mark

soleedge said:
This world is great for a rogue. Would there be limitations on skill sets? A rogue can 2 gas kill ALOT of things in a no magic item world. With magic armor being rare too, waylay's effective increases even further.

No limits on skill sets, pretty much everybody is a 2 gas/spell/slay kill without backup. Welcome to Teamworkland in the province of Backwardsia, where production-makers and healers are likely the richest people you'll meet. :twisted:

Marcus said:
Here's a thought for the CSS people and possibly even the regen. THe rituals, when people see the effects....are percieved as some sort of evil/chaos based influence. Thing the pack of villagers going after Frankenstein's monster. Or you could even put a twist on it. They come back but can't interact for a limited period of time, effectively a "Ghost". Meh.. Just something that popped in, thought it might present an interesting idea for ya.
I find this a very interesting concept. Let me know where/if you decide to run something.

Mark

Or the local wizards try to capture you to cut you into chunks and study your bottle. The possibilities are as endless as they are disturbing!

As would strengthened weapons.

I knew weapon master and an armory of weapons would pay off one day. And a 30 point suit of armor.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD.

Pantzike said:
So would this chapter be called "Sadeen Moor?"

It would be awkward to have my magic solution heavy PC Ritualist show up, and want to leave again very quickly LOL

All in all sounds like a fun game, I'd be down.

Phedre and Cho Jin Wu arrive, look around, dig through pouches, look at each other and running dive back into the mists screaming. The mists recede as fast as they run, leaving them trapped in personal purgatory.

Phedre would learn alchemy just to dose our tea with intoxicates.

*Magic Destroy Armor*

"Where's your Zod NOW?!?!"

Kantil said:
I knew weapon master and an armory of weapons would pay off one day. And a 30 point suit of armor.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD.

Hope you stocked up poison shield elixirs..........

This place would be a vacation for Alavatar.

"A place where I don't cast 10-20 rituals a weekend? And no Skeevish? Looks like all my High Magic is going to Elemental Burst. Good thing I already know Alchemy and Create Potion."

Sweet googaly moogaly high magic cloaks and burst pool would be heinously effective. I'm for it.

Toddo, I hope you're prepared for the high magic insanity that will happen if you run this. I'll get another job to start saving up for plane tickets if I have to. And I'll start convincing WC folks of the caliber of game you write and run, and bring willing and able folks with me.

Back toward the topic, though, you could run all kinds of crafting plotlines, with LCO potions/scrolls/alchemy/blacksmithing that could give rise to more tiers in the journeyman-master continuum.

It could be *amazing.*

Back