[.11] Magic Strike needs to be General

I can if you'd like; mostly I'm doing it because I'd rather this discussion (and others) not devolve into nonsense based on pure speculation by people with no information when I have the actual answer sitting just a few clicks away.

I'm not your boss by any means. But, I think answering a few questions was fine but more and more of it is starting to leak out over general conversation, which I don't think is a good idea. Especially because I don't think that's the final version.

You're not my boss, but you are an Owner (per your signature), so if you tell me to stop, I will; I'm fairly sure I'm the only one doing it, since I haven't seen anyone else on the forums explicitly talk about what is or isn't in the DB, so that should solve the problem. :)

I'm not your boss by any means. But, I think answering a few questions was fine but more and more of it is starting to leak out over general conversation, which I don't think is a good idea. Especially because I don't think that's the final version.

I certainly hope not. Immunity to 9/10s of your player base (based on whatever it is summoned for) is already powerful enough. Making it more powerful than master deathknights when it comes to defences is just silly at that point. Just my own thoughts.

You're not my boss, but you are an Owner (per your signature), so if you tell me to stop, I will; I'm fairly sure I'm the only one doing it, since I haven't seen anyone else on the forums explicitly talk about what is or isn't in the DB, so that should solve the problem. :)

Secrecy didn't do us any favors as a game when 2.0 first started. Maybe avoid more screenshots and spilling more info then you really need to continue conversation? Some of this is helpful but, I'd prefer we try to be as general as possible when talking about the monster database.

Got it. :)

Just a reminder that Silver, Normal, and Healing with extremely limited access to Body are the only carriers O/B have access to.

And that Body access is one-shots.

Oathsworn are not restricted from using Celestial magic. If you read the packet, we defined it specifically as they would not be predisposed to casting it themselves. But if you have an Enhanced Blade, feel free to cast it on the Oathsworn and let them go to town. If they want to roleplay that they don't like it, that is player agency and I urge them to play that any way they wish. In fact, Oathsworn can now learn and use Celestial magic if they wish, but there will likely be dire roleplay consequences from the other Oathsworn around them.

The only race explicitly stopped from being able to learn Celestial magic is Biata.

That is good to know. That does sound the same as saying “anyone can cast necromancy” if the consequences are dire. Unlike necromancy often celestial magic’s effects, tools, and rituals are used to solve every day troubles and problems in game.

If a player wants that more power to them. Really, I love it. However the issue at hand is that people now suggest changing how magic works in game so these races can have these critical magic tools back without being skewered for them in game.

As a long time Biata I have relied on my magic carrier more times than I can count, often being the only person in a party who can damage an enemy by having it. This is an integral part of my fighting strategy, have been using a Silvered / Damage Aura weapon for a few years and it has proven itself time and again.

Is it really such a big deal to leave it as General aspect? It would mean more to those who would be able to use it than it would mean to those who would now have a monopoly.

I really do prefer the Keep It Simple Solution I proposed above to all of the concerns.

Magic Strike: General
Healing/Chaos Strike: Earth
Elemental Strike: Celestial

Each school has something the other can't, but neither has more than the other. In addition, unless it's specifically a monster that is geared to be fought specifically by Earth / Celestial forces, Magic Strike is still available to everyone for those times that Plot wants to put something out with those immunities to show that this monster isn't for the 12 copper in their pocket guys to fight.

For those of you attending playtests, it is very helpful to get this information in the feedback forms. :)

For those of you attending playtests, it is very helpful to get this information in the feedback forms. :)

THE most important thing that can be done right there.

Back