Meeting of Minds

Illahee considers, her gaze resting on each of you, then through you. You may or may not feel the tiniest chill at this, akin to a single icy finger placed upon your spirit. She completes the circuit, resting her gaze on Bavaikas and finally Alluvio.
"Perhaps, Amory. Perhaps."

"Going into the Tear, though... I am uncertain how fruitful a venture of that nature would be. It could easily result in nothing but the death or enslavement of all of you." Her statement holds no emotion. In fact, she has not been displaying any emotion for a while, instead appearing to be needing every ounce of her strength simply to exist this close to the Tear.
 

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
"I...i do not know what could happen to you in that case. I could not know if things would be gained or lost in that case."

They ponder a moment.

"I wonder if we could do one at a time... is anyone willing to risk it with me? " he asks. She sits down, staring at the void tear. "I think we should meditate on the individual tendrils and see what happens if we try to push them in. Can someone check us for taint when this is over?"
 

Durnic

Knight
Seeing everyone's reactions Durnic says, "I realize it is not the best option, or even a decent idea. When it was first brought up to me I, too, thought it madness. Perhaps it still is." He breathes deeply, "the original idea was to send one person. Not battle party." Looking at Alluvio, Illahee and Bavaikas in turn he says, "I bow to your far greater wisdom when it comes to these magics, I only wished to throw an option into the hat, as it were."
 

MondayMcGee

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
Plue glances at Killian, then offers, “I will.”
 

Shin

Artisan
Shin nodded, looking to Plue and then back to Alluvio "I think a number of us, myself included, are willing to give it a Try."
 

Sita

Scholar
Amory nods, "I am willing to assist. I follow your guidance - what should we do?"
 

Durnic

Knight
"I, too, am willing, if you need my assistance."
 
Illahee watches Alluvio, her hands slowly curling out of the splayed finger posture into something... not relaxed, but less stiff.
"Do you wish me to wait for the second attempt or join you in this first one?"

To Durnic, she tilts her head a fraction, "I am not discounting the proposal, but I am unsure it would aid this particular issue."
 

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
"Come, if you are willing, and sit with me. We need to each pick a tendril and... manipulate it back into position. If this does not taint us, and it works, we may be able to do something to help. "
 

Durnic

Knight
Durnic sits, feet under him, and awaits further instructions.
 
Illahee moves stiffly over to Alluvio, kneeling on the opposite side of the Earth Dragon from Bavaikas. She drops, adjusting her foliage as if it were a skirt. Then she straightens her back and shoulders and positions her limbs, palms up, on top of her folded legs.
 

Shin

Artisan
Shin goes to sit beside Bavaikas, turning his paws palm upward, and looking to Alluvio.
 

MondayMcGee

Scholar
San Francisco Staff
“I’m assuming I ought not to do this, so I can be sure to remain untainted and ready to check you?”
 

luminemma

Newbie
Bavaikas sinks to the ground, cross-legged, gaze still trained on a particular few tendrils. They take a breath, straighten their posture, and close their eyes.
 

prashka

Scholar
Marshal
"If you wouldn't mind, Miss Biata, yes, that would be preferable. The rest of us, let's begin.

"Everyone, pick a tendril, then coax it back into the void. Be careful. The void may attempt to sway you as you do this. Resist its pull."

Alluvio reached out a hand, and focuses on the tear.

"Begin."
 

Durnic

Knight
Durnic places his hands in his lap, palms-up, closes his eyes, and focuses...
 
Top