National human race packet

who would like to see a national human race packet?

• Yes

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • I dont really care

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters
I think a brief paragraph in the rule book would suffice. you could even say "each land has it's own human cultures... so... go... ask.. your... chapter..."

Fearless Leader said:
Fynwei said:
Mike ... See my post above?

Yes it was a paragraph long.

You guys want a paragraph long race packet? Really?

Mike, that was a basic suggestion. It took me about 20 minutes to write up. Expounding on that, and it would be nice to give people an idea of what they can expect to wear, how to act. There are some stereotypes in game for humans. One that is extremely common is that humans are prone to necromancy. Maybe explore these in the packet.

Questions I would answer in the race packet, if I were writing it are as listed below:
What are common stereotypes of humans?
Are they really prone to necromancy, as many suggest?
What is appropriate to wear, as a human? (This is important, IMO, as this distinguishes them from Gypsies and Barbarians)
What separates them from Gypsies and Barbarians?
Why are they so common, and why are they predominant in politics of most countries? (touching only lightly on this, IMO, but mentioning it at least)
What is the average lifespan?
What is the average age of marriage?
Do humans have any certain feelings towards the other races? Possibly caused by the fact that they are so populous?
Why don't they just race change to another race so they live longer?
How do they accept other races who race change into humans, do they accept them as their own or shun them?
Is their short-livedness (comparably) the reason some of them become so necro-obsessed?
Why are humans so under-represented statistically in the adventuring community?

The answers to almost every one of those questions is, and should remain, the purview of your local plot team. Common stereotypes, feelings on necromancy, biases against other races, marriage age and similar things will vary from campaign to campaign and from kingdom to kingdom within a campaign. Lifespan and costume requirements (to wit, none as long as you are in period, but a chapter may wish to have humans all dress a particular way) can I suppose go into a packet, but I do not want to take away a chapter's ability to create unique human cultures.

Fynwei said:
What are common stereotypes of humans?
Are they really prone to necromancy, as many suggest?
What is appropriate to wear, as a human? (This is important, IMO, as this distinguishes them from Gypsies and Barbarians)
What separates them from Gypsies and Barbarians?
Why are they so common, and why are they predominant in politics of most countries? (touching only lightly on this, IMO, but mentioning it at least)
What is the average lifespan?
What is the average age of marriage?
Do humans have any certain feelings towards the other races? Possibly caused by the fact that they are so populous?
Why don't they just race change to another race so they live longer?
How do they accept other races who race change into humans, do they accept them as their own or shun them?
Is their short-livedness (comparably) the reason some of them become so necro-obsessed?
Why are humans so under-represented statistically in the adventuring community?

again, these all seem chapter specific. if you look at HQ verses say... NH, answers to these questions would be vastly different or completely inapplicable.

The answer to all those questions is based on CULTURE not RACE.

Look at the real world. Humans have all sorts of views on women's rights, slavery, war, vegetarianism, what-have-you, and it's all based on your culture. Where you were born, where you were educated, what your religion is, and so on.

In our game, culture is what local chapters decide.

Here is a start....Humans protect their young at any cost.

Robb Graves said:
except when they don't

<<bastard human character who grew up on the streets

ahh like the biata who like cels magic.

the difference being, there's nothing deterring me from creating my character the way i did.. whereas the biata, there is.

which is why when you create a national race packet you can have finate human traits.

Humans are known for their adaptability and diversity, though in a completely inexplicable trend, their surnames are predominately epic sounding, naturalistic and directional. Additionally, arbitrary action words are common.

For instance: Southfire, Northlander, Westwalker

Gary

(PC: Human- Heresy Northwind)

Octaine said:
which is why when you create a national race packet you can have finate human traits.

which is exactly what i am opposed to. limiting the creativity of your players and chapter plot teams.

jpariury said:
Do you feel that the national race packets for the non-humans limits creativity, or provides structure for it?

u beat me to the punch JP

the answer is.....elfs are cool and humans suck.

To those that are arguing about the culture vs race aspect. Some of the questions I posted are very easy to find answers for in the National packets. I spent about 10 minutes running through them to find specific examples...
What are common stereotypes... See Wylderkyn, Dark Elf, High Ogre...
What is appropriate to wear, as a ____. See Barbarian Packet, Gypsy Packet, High Ogre Packet, High Orc Packet...
What is the average lifespan? From Biata Packet, High Orc Packet, Elf Packets...
Do(es) _____ have any certain feelings towards the other races? Biata Packet, Dark Elf Packet, High Ogre Packet...

I only have access to the non-existent human race packet.

Sorry for me asking, but where would I get a national race packet? I have my local chapter race packet.

I'm not worried about quotes and all, I would just like to receive a national race packet. I mean shouldnt all players have access to it?

Back