National human race packet

who would like to see a national human race packet?

• Yes

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • I dont really care

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters
soleedge said:
Sorry for me asking, but where would I get a national race packet? I have my local chapter race packet.

Your local race packet should be attached to the national packet. In other words, your chapter should be handing out both at the same time. If they are not, let me know.

Why do people want limitations? Why do people want to be told how to play there character?

Humans get "extra" xp. They don't have to spend it on racials. :lol: Humans have no restrictions (a side from the restriction that every one has, you can not look like another race,monster)

Gilwing said:
Why do people want limitations? Why do people want to be told how to play there character?

Humans get "extra" xp. They don't have to spend it on racials. :lol: Humans have no restrictions (a side from the restriction that every one has, you can not look like another race,monster)

See, I think the packet should be more about the human side of the world history than race limitations.

SkollWolfrun said:
See, I think the packet should be more about the human side of the world history than race limitations.

But wouldnt that be a local race packet than a national packet? I would think the humans in one chapter are different than humans in another chapter.

SkollWolfrun said:
Gilwing said:

There is no "world history." Each chapter has its own history.

Fearless Leader said:
That's not quite true. The national Stone Elf packet has an explicit History detailing their origin (as opposed to all of the other packets which may or may not be referred to as "lore" or other caveats to their origins). There's also the general shared recent history with significant amounts of upheaval (i.e. the past twenty years alone have seen the loss and discovery of spells, effects, races, etc.).

jpariury said:
Fearless Leader said:
That's not quite true. The national Stone Elf packet has an explicit History detailing their origin (as opposed to all of the other packets which may or may not be referred to as "lore" or other caveats to their origins). There's also the general shared recent history with significant amounts of upheaval (i.e. the past twenty years alone have seen the loss and discovery of spells, effects, races, etc.).

OK, let me rephrase:

There is no official world history that all chapters use.

Each race has an origin myth which they share, but the myth does not list a specific place (allowing each race to believe that it happened in their area).

If we tied all the race packets together, we could come up with a Grand Unified Theory of the races (golden elves begat stone elves which, with gryphons, begat biata and so on) but personally, I'd rather have the players find all that out IG by talking to each other!

Fearless Leader said:
jpariury said:
Fearless Leader said:

OK, let me rephrase:

There is no official world history that all chapters use.

Each race has an origin myth which they share, but the myth does not list a specific place (allowing each race to believe that it happened in their area).

If we tied all the race packets together, we could come up with a Grand Unified Theory of the races (golden elves begat stone elves which, with gryphons, begat biata and so on) but personally, I'd rather have the players find all that out IG by talking to each other!

But then the different chapters couldn't punch each other in the GUT!

Back