New Alchemy gas globe Phys Reps?

i dont know about using them as gas globes but..... Gas traps phis reps.

Tim

Ironleaf said:
i dont know about using them as gas globes but..... Gas traps phis reps.

Tim
You'd need to use four of them. Doing some math, you need a 4" diameter sphere to meet the phys rep size requirements (it actually comes out to 33.5 cubic inches but why quibble?) These bottles are roughly 2" in diameter and since you're cube in order to come up with volume, that means 4 times and not double the number of items half the size.

Just working on making the ol' black fused thingies. :)

markusdark said:
Talen said:
I'm interested in seeing how well those things throw/safetystuff. Might have to put a little foam "cap" over the one they already have, if it'll fit in an eye socket?

spell packets fit in eye sockets
thrusting tips fit in eye sockets
elbows fit in eye sockets

The 'eye socket' argument is an old, tired one. If it isn't rigid, it should be fine.

This was forcibly reminded to me at the last SoMN Event. A well-made packet fits perfectly into the eye socket. Honestly, I figure the momentum of a foam projectile would probably be less harmful. As it was, I received 5 scratches on my cornea from a birdseed packet.

jpariury said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for using these. They look hella cool. But if we're going to allow these, I see no reason why we shouldn't ditch the thrown weapon construction section that states "smallest dimension must be at least 3 inches in diameter". Why should a thrown weapon be held to a higher standard than a foam globe?

You speak as if the logic behind our rules was internally consistent. Remember, never ever ever use anything rigid in a thrown weapon, except a battery. :D

Dan Lineweaver, Henry Hart and I were playing with some of the gas globes in this thread before the last HQ event stated and we noticed they move slightly slower than a standard packet but are slightly more accurate. IMO I think the option for a diffrent rep is cool... but the owners would need to vote on this because its a fundamental change to the allowable physrep rules for alchemy globes......

Onitt

my 2 cents

Have these gas globe phys reps been approved anywhere? I think they look pretty cool and would like to use them when I pick up alchemy.

Alliance SF has approved them for use. But since we're literally on the farthest point from you, not much help there. :) I'm hoping that they'll be approved for the National event in September. If there's someone I could mail one to to make sure it would be approved, I'd love to do so.

WonkotheSane said:
Have these gas globe phys reps been approved anywhere? I think they look pretty cool and would like to use them when I pick up alchemy.

Specifically in your chapter Wonko, we haven't had the chance to rule yes or no on these yet because we haven't seen them, so buyer beware.

Yea Dave loves getting hit by things you throw when he's got a white headband on. :D Hey he wasn't even there!

markusdark said:
You'd need to use four of them. Doing some math, you need a 4" diameter sphere to meet the phys rep size requirements (it actually comes out to 33.5 cubic inches but why quibble?) These bottles are roughly 2" in diameter and since you're cube in order to come up with volume, that means 4 times and not double the number of items half the size.

The volume of a sphere, V = 4/3 * Pi * (r ^ 3), so if you compare the volume of a 2" sphere to a 4" sphere:

2.36" (2" diameter) vs. 18.85" (4" diameter) -- that's 8 times greater volume - not 4 times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
- Mark Twain

Back