New Faces

I actually just learned about the black face thing this week (in other situations) as a past racial hatred thing. I certainly generally have some of my armor, white hair, pointed ears and boffer weapons on as well... And I would try to be very careful not to offend anyone... :?

I would also be really upset if there was some sort of law against me walking around in Dark Elf costume without ANY intent and idea of racism. This is New Hampshire for goodness sake! LIVE FREE OR DIE! That said I wouldn't want to offend someone accidentally so I will certainly be careful.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
I think he's just excited that there are younger players at our game
instead of old folks HEHEHEHEH. I doubt he's lookin' to hook up with
other dark elves/players IG or OOG. Although I could be wrong.

? I don't know what I said to engender this sort of response? And if I did inadvertently I'm sorry. I certainly did not ask this question with any kind of interest to "hook up" with other players OOG or IG. And I see the boards as a way to connect with people and make friends, that’s all I was asking about... Is it bad to ask around if there are other folks with similar interests close to my place in life?

Meh, me = a little confused at the last several comments, nothing more

In any case I really look forward to the event in a little bit less than 3 weeks! :D

that's what i thought too heheheh I figured you were just excited that people your age would be playing. I know how that would be if i got to the game and everyone was a teenager. I might feel like a weird old lady HEHEHEHEHEH

Dreamingfurther said:
In any case I really look forward to the event in a little bit less than 3 weeks! :D

I think there are actually quite a few 19-mid 20 year old players based in NH. There's me for one (I'm 21), Kelsey and Kelsey's friends I haven't met, I think Buckley is our age but I'm not sure if he still plays. Other than that I think the majority of folk are in the late 20s and early 30s, but then again I haven't yet played this season and I'm basing this off of the players of old NH when our site was in Claremont. Assuming that the player base is relatively the same I think that you will fit right in age-wise.

Very cool, very cool. That said I must re-iterate that I don't mind playing with older folks and actually one of the things I enjoy about Alliance is that it is a more mature game due to the fact that at some level everyone has to "believe" the world we create and so there are many more middle aged folks.

SURE SURE! just be honest....us old farts scare ya!!! well listen here whippersnapper!! we are crankier because we're older...HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA just kidding....we're all actually very nice...and we love younger players.....they taste great with red wine....

WHAT??? did i say that out loud? :eek:

WAY BACK??? jeepers....in the mid 03's...those were the good....old....days? HEHEHEHEH good times!

Dreamingfurther said:
Very cool, very cool. That said I must re-iterate that I don't mind playing with older folks and actually one of the things I enjoy about Alliance is that it is a more mature game due to the fact that at some level everyone has to "believe" the world we create and so there are many more middle aged folks.

Wait, are you saying that late 20's/early 30's is middle aged?? I might have to shake my fist at you at the next event, probably muttering something about "damned kids".

All kidding aside, I think almost all of the player base falls in the 20-30 range with the vast majority in the 25-30 range. But that's probably just people I hang out with 'cuz I'm SO OLD!! =P There are definitely older and younger players too.

~Jessica (who is having mild heart attacks at the thought that she only has another year until she is 30)

::snorts:::youngin's

Dreamingfurther said:
w00t! I'm excited to meet another youngerish (oh yea I just invented that word!) fellow like myself, (19 is pretty young right?) who is hardcore enough to go all the way being a Dark Elf. ^_^ (And yea Dark Elf players are totally hardcore!) I will also enjoy seeing if anyone else has my signature Makeup element although I doubt it... Yep, that’s FOIP (find out in person!) :D

btw is there anyone who else who likes to get in costume BEFORE going to the event? Allot of the people I have met out here in the mid-west seem to wait until they get to the site before getting ready. I personally think its pretty sweet stopping at gas stations to fill up while in full makeup... but maybe that’s just me...

I almost always drive to and from in costume. On my way home from an event at old NH I was pulled over elf ears on, chain shirt, bracers and all. I had all my weapons just tossed in the back because I just wanted to get home It was about 3am because it was a faire day and the State Trooper was speechless. Asked if I had anything to drink and if I had any real weapons on me then sent me on my way. Also we would go to breakfast in town in full costume as well as wal-mart at any time, day or night in full costume. I think my favorite reactions were from the elderly. Good Times.

Dreamingfurther said:
I actually just learned about the black face thing this week (in other situations) as a past racial hatred thing. I certainly generally have some of my armor, white hair, pointed ears and boffer weapons on as well... And I would try to be very careful not to offend anyone... :?

I would also be really upset if there was some sort of law against me walking around in Dark Elf costume without ANY intent and idea of racism. This is New Hampshire for goodness sake! LIVE FREE OR DIE! That said I wouldn't want to offend someone accidentally so I will certainly be careful.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
I think he's just excited that there are younger players at our game
instead of old folks HEHEHEHEH. I doubt he's lookin' to hook up with
other dark elves/players IG or OOG. Although I could be wrong.

? I don't know what I said to engender this sort of response? And if I did inadvertently I'm sorry. I certainly did not ask this question with any kind of interest to "hook up" with other players OOG or IG. And I see the boards as a way to connect with people and make friends, that’s all I was asking about... Is it bad to ask around if there are other folks with similar interests close to my place in life?

Meh, me = a little confused at the last several comments, nothing more

Just to be clear, you did not say or do anything wrong.

~Jaimi

:) Okay Jaimi well I'm glad on that score.

Anyways that Azureith that sounds amazing! I'm totally driving around in costume all the time now so I don't get tickets when I get pulled over. ;) I'm glad to hear that other folks get totally as excited and exuberant about the game as I do. I can imagen the looks you get going into a wallmart, hey you never know, I was recruiting this girl who was cutting my hair the other day when I heard she played WoW. In my experience anyone who like RPG's who is athletic enough will LOVE Alliance!

The friend of mine who introduced me to NERO way back in the day used to tell of a time he and some friends were sparring in the park and were approached by a police officer who wanted to know what they were doing. My friend handed him a shortsword, and the officer immediately lit up. My friend proceeded to prod at him with his own weapon, throwing in a "Come on, ye pansy!" which provoked a smirking "Don't make me arrest you." from the cop.
Ah, memories.

Alopex said:
The friend of mine who introduced me to NERO way back in the day used to tell of a time he and some friends were sparring in the park and were approached by a police officer who wanted to know what they were doing. My friend handed him a shortsword, and the officer immediately lit up. My friend proceeded to prod at him with his own weapon, throwing in a "Come on, ye pansy!" which provoked a smirking "Don't make me arrest you." from the cop.
Ah, memories.

Is "ah, memories" an appropriate response when reminiscing about a story that was told to you second-hand? Like, "Ah, I remember the time I was sitting in the living room/dorm/kitchen and someone I know shared an account of his experience with me?" I'm just saying -- you've got to be pretty bored when you're wistful about something that was relayed to you by someone else. No?

lol I thought the story was pretty funny! :D I duno, maybe it is a fond memory just remembering being told about the story. I can certainly remember times when the telling of funny stories is a memorable occasion.

Incidentally do you have some kind of problem Shane? I'm just curious why you are making hostile comments for seemingly no reason. A while back on this thread you also made some kind of comment deploring me too, is there something I or someone else has done to offend you? Because if so I'm sorry and I would seek not to repeat it but I'm kind of confused why you are saying these things.

Heck I'll be the first to admit I am frequently board or just trying to put off work and spend some time on these boards. ;)

Alopex said:
Ah, memories.

There was a group from HQ (Black Unicorns?) who used to have sparring practice in a public park in Brooklyn. They had been doing this for quite some time when, one day, a police officer started to approach them. After all that time it would have been crappy to be kicked out of the park. Fortunately, the cop just wanted to let them know that crime in the park had taken a severe drop since they started having their sparring practice there!

Please bear in mind the good sportsmanship rule that has been on this message board for quite some time.

If you're going to begin a dialogue with someone on this board, and you think your comments MIGHT sound disparaging, please take it to PM, or email. If you do not value your point enough to make it a private conversation, it probably isn't worth posting in the first place.

This point is especially important if you do not know (in the real world) the person to whom you are speaking, as such conversations are more likely to escalate negatively, and quickly.

Thank you,
Gary

Dreamingfurther said:
Incidentally do you have some kind of problem Shane? I'm just curious why you are making hostile comments for seemingly no reason. A while back on this thread you also made some kind of comment deploring me too, is there something I or someone else has done to offend you? Because if so I'm sorry and I would seek not to repeat it but I'm kind of confused why you are saying these things.

Corey has played D&D with my group and spent many hours at my home. He is a good friend of mine and knows when I am good-naturedly ribbing him.

Also, enough folks on this board have seen me make hostile posts in the distant past to know that my comments aren't intended with malice. Do I take shots at posts in which people say silly things? Absolutely. Those that know me simply roll with it, knowing that I bear them no ill will.

If you want to get confrontational with me, please feel free to come speak to me next weekend. People will point me out if you ask. I'm impossible to miss. If you can get on a high horse in front of me instead of being "computer brave," then we'll chat.

Shane said:
If you want to get confrontational with me, please feel free to come speak to me next weekend. People will point me out if you ask. I'm impossible to miss. If you can get on a high horse in front of me instead of being "computer brave," then we'll chat.

I don't think anyone has remotely suggested they want to be confrontational with you, buddy.

But let me step in and say if anyone plans on being confrontational with anyone, pick a gas station up the road, meet at each other's houses, or take it to your local Chuck E. Cheese.

Do not challenge people to OOG confrontations at the site, or on this message board.

Gary

Back