New Rule Book Comment Thread

Maxondaerth said:
Considering I don't currently even know any character in the game (that I've run across in 5 chapters anyway) that is going to qualify for using it, I don't know how much I'll run across it anyway :lol: so we'll just wait and see I guess.

Well, I am Big Production Guy (22nd level character) on my team (we also have a Master Smith and a Master Alchemist - but I will be the only double Master), and with the Spirit Forge that has been offered, I will be Double 20 Create Scroll and Potion at the Caldaria opener. So now you know one, at least. being able to cast from a scroll while in the dark is AWESOME, and makes Big Production Guy also a part-time Celestial cannon. I can see cool things that a Master Scroll Maker can do from the dark, including build a light, put up a Wall in a dark dungeon mod, Wizard lock a room to save my team's butt, etc, etc, etc.

But the big advantage is being able to produce uber quantities of stuff with a 20% reduction of copper - 200 pp in a single batch (with the assistance of a Workshop) at 1 gold, 6 silver is AWESOME!!!!

I just wish that Master Potions Maker got more buff than just being able to identify a potion in 15 seconds, instead of 30 seconds. Something like being able to make a Life potion, or to be able to drink a Circle of Power potion and then be able to build it on command would be so cool. I know there is no such thing as a Life potion or a Circle of Power potion - but isn't that the point of a buff. Look at the buffs that high level casters get.

Ondreij said:
Maxondaerth said:
Considering I don't currently even know any character in the game (that I've run across in 5 chapters anyway) that is going to qualify for using it, I don't know how much I'll run across it anyway :lol: so we'll just wait and see I guess.

I just wish that Master Potions Maker got more buff than just being able to identify a potion in 15 seconds, instead of 30 seconds. Something like being able to make a Life potion, or to be able to drink a Circle of Power potion and then be able to build it on command would be so cool. I know there is no such thing as a Life potion or a Circle of Power potion - but isn't that the point of a buff. Look at the buffs that high level casters get.

Its 30 seconds instead of 60 seconds to identify a potion
not 15 instead of 30
RB pg 58

Re: New Rule Book Comment Thread
Light was changed to celestial only in the last edition. Previously it was earth only. Frankly I don't think it made much sense to be in earth in the first place. Celestial casters have all the other eldritch force spells (wall of force, ward, wizard lock) it made sense that they should also have light. Mages are the conjurers. They pull things from their environment to create ice bolts, stone storms, magical barriers and the like. Conjuring up a light should be their domain as well. The only one that is shared is circle of power. - Ezri

Michelle FYI before the last rulebook.. Light was a "Gift" which is why it was Earth only...
it was changed to Celestial because the verbal was changed. It was used in the Light/Death combo..

Onitt

Okay I don't remember seeing these corrections so bear with me if they've been brought up before:

-On the magic chart on pg 104, it lists Subjugate as an "instant" effect but the spell description and function says it's a 10 minute duration
-On the magic chart on pg 104, it lists Banish as an "instant" effect, but the description says "line of sight". By the function of the spell, the instant is correct.
-On the magic chart on pg 105, it lists Drain as an "instant" effect, but the description and function says it's a 10 minute duration.

On Terror: If a monster Terrors me, I run around the corner of the tavern and break LoS, then fall down in a ball. The monster walks around the corner and re-establishes LoS, do I jump up and run screaming trying to re-break LoS or do I just continue to lie there a puddle of quivering goo?

For terror, I wouls asume you would hall *** to break LOS again.
--bill

Maxondaerth said:
On Terror: If a monster Terrors me, I run around the corner of the tavern and break LoS, then fall down in a ball. The monster walks around the corner and re-establishes LoS, do I jump up and run screaming trying to re-break LoS or do I just continue to lie there a puddle of quivering goo?

You emulate the knights in "Holy Grail": "Run away! Run away!"

Fearless Leader said:
Maxondaerth said:

With or without the comical british flair?
--bill

dreadpiratebill said:
Fearless Leader said:
Maxondaerth said:

--bill

Bill,
Only you have to have flair. But only while playing Amaranthus.

Maxondaerth said:
Okay I don't remember seeing these corrections so bear with me if they've been brought up before:

You run, was my understanding of how it works.

That was my initial thought on what it would be, but wanted to get the intent from those who created it to be sure, being a marshal and all. Thanks.

dreadpiratebill said:
Fearless Leader said:
Maxondaerth said:

With, of course. Any monster that comes out with Terror deserves to be mocked.
Then the plot person who sent it out needs to be taunted a second time.

It was all context. Light was always followed by death. Life would be some scared healer with no weapons leaning over your dead body and whispering the verbal.
Robb Graves said:
that must have been hard to distinguish the verbal between Light and Life.

Quinn said:
Ondreij said:
Maxondaerth said:

not 15 instead of 30
RB pg 58

Just finally got my rule book on Monday. I stand corrected. I wasn't sharp on the rule because potions identification is no big deal, and identifying a potion in 30 seconds instead of one minute is no big buff. I thought that the new rules had shortened standard ID time for potions to 30 seconds, and by a master potion maker to 15 seconds. Even that is no big woop.

Page 84, the guy collecting tags in the tag hold picture is a big fatty fat-pie.

Ondreij said:
Quinn said:
Ondreij said:

not 15 instead of 30
RB pg 58

Just finally got my rule book on Monday. I stand corrected. I wasn't sharp on the rule because potions identification is no big deal, and identifying a potion in 30 seconds instead of one minute is no big buff. I thought that the new rules had shortened standard ID time for potions to 30 seconds, and by a master potion maker to 15 seconds. Even that is no big woop.

True its not much of a buff but its a step in the right direction they preffer to do babysteps. Also to have formal magic hoopty you spend over 100 build most likely (its what 111? for a 4 up and 1 formal level with prereqs?) then again I'm sitting at around 100 build worth of blacksmith (before dwarf discount) so yea moar bonuses fer us crafter types :)

jpariury said:
Angrydurf said:
to have formal magic hoopty you spend over 100 build most likely (its what 111? for a 4 up and 1 formal level with prereqs?)
83 for a scholar with a teardrop and 1 level of formal.

Although honestly a scholar skipping out on their 9th level spells seems a lot like a fighter skipping out on their Eviscerates... ;)

Really? Spending 3 build on one level of formal (which allows you to read formal scrolls, cast basic rituals, assist big casters in big rituals, and begin accessing high magic) before spending 27 more build on spells instead of after seems like a bad idea? We have very different math systems my friend ;).

I agree with Dreamingfurther since 9th level Celestial allows for prision, ward, and now a higher elemental damage in wands. it seems very worth it to me. but not all wizards are meant to be battle casters.

Back