Orcs and Ogres!

Ah, I should of known, Dryads.
Gally: Blooming Gally? Should I be worried?
Zeth: Hi Zeth! I know little about Elara, I recall hearing something about trees eating people, that might be me remembering wrong. Anything that I should know?

I have only heard that Elara is a place of living plants, though more detailed descriptions have evaded me like the wind.

If there are, indeed, dangerous plants, I expect we should prepare to deal with dangerous poisons, perhaps binding vines, and have access to flame. It's entirely possible that none of this will help us, though.

Here is the current information we have on Elara in the public information book...

On the Western side of Calliphestus is that land known as Elara. It is a jungle landscape inhabited by Dark Elves in the Undergrowth and Elves in the treetops. The two elven races work together and are known collectively as the Perditus Regnum. The jungles of Elara are extremely dangerous for the plants routinely become animated and/or inhabited by spirits. These plant creatures threaten the Elarian elves quite frequently and as a result the elves often accept help from the High Orcs in fighting back the threats. That is, when the High Orcs are not busy fighting each other or the Savage Legion. (Source: Learned while traveling with Purdha the Sarr and her River Tribe)

I have traveled to Elara with the ambassador Wraith previous to our last meeting in Ceriopolis. Here is the most up to date situation report that I can give you all with more information likely to come as my more recent travels wrap up. The wild forest is indeed a very much living forest, the animals are tough, but the plants are much tougher. The plants do become animated and will attack, much like the animated plants that we have encountered during our last few days in Tarndale as well as once or twice around Ceriopolis. I spent much of my time in a Dark Elf town aiding in their nearly constant military efforts to maintain security. The Savage Legion is actively attacking Elara. They are lead by a Dreadnaught who goes by the title of Dust-Ro. Dust-Ro is intent on destroying the Elaran town and seems to be using necromantic rituals to do as much damage as possible. The most common ritual that has been described to me is a blighted forest which will carve out a massive blot of forest unless the elven strike teams are able to kill the monstrous tree that is created by the ritual. It seems from what I have heard that the Savage Legion is binding the dying spirits of captured Elaran warriors to the tree in order to empower the ritual, which is likely how they are able to cast so many. I assume it is much like the blood magic and Ward bombs that we have been encountering. If things are progressing the way that I expect, then Elara is in a world of hurt right now.

Melvyn
Dominus Lapis (for now)

Hmmmm.... Sounds like these people need our help. No wonder we are all heading there. Who is looking after the town while we are gone? Bones would hate to come back to find everything is destroyed due to our lack of being there...

*coughs politely*

I am afraid that your information as to the location of the Elaran forest is somewhat off Luke. It is to the Northwest of the Ceriopolis. Here. Let me see if I can accurately describe the map of the Calliphestus through this dreaming.

http://alliancelarp.com/forum/attachments/10648501_10152678991154172_2623673891240534881_o-jpg.996/

As to your question of defense Thousand Bones, some of us who have taken up residence are capable of dealing with those feral goblins who prowl the walls. We have done so quite nicely while many of you scatter to the four winds after a large gathering.

~Septus, Order of the Owl

Oh, hi Septus! Just for clarification, were you saying that Elara is what is labeled on this map as Ebon Jungle, or Silken Vale?

Yes, the Ebon Jungle is an ancient name for Elara. The Silken Vale is an ancient name for the Silk Leaf Refuge. This map appears to be quite old and may have some inconsistencies, but it is very beautiful.

~Septus

Melwyn has good information there. Rumours had made it to me that the people in Elara and their leaders are holding the Dryads and Dwarfs of the Silk Leaf either somewhat or wholly responsible for the events in the jungles of Elara. On these rumours, I traveled home for the first time in many years to speak with my clansmen. What I found was mourning Dryads, a Sickly Clan leader and a relative disregard to the rumours. It seemed highly unlikely that the Dwarfs of the Silk Leaf would be a party to such treachery, lest they be under some form of insidious control, which based on my experiences, I will not discount. Sufficed to say the general look, and later information gleaned, it seems that those behind the wall are not inclined to defend the outer settlements and as such, far less likely to be actively participating or planning to participate in a campaign against Elara.

Bones: I believe that Gaius Red Cloud of the Brothers' Creed will be staying in the Ceriopolis with a contingent of worthy mercenaries from further afield. Though I will have to check with him at next I see him.

~ Grimmloch Red Cloud, Stout Minded Of the Kings Oath; Friend of the Ice and Wind
Seneschal of the Brothers' Creed

Last edited:
Grimmloch, you and your dwarven brothers need to sit down with Bones and his Bleeding Eye. We should talk about things. Bones hates to have bad blood between our groups and Bones knows that some of the Bleeding Eye have a loooong standing hatred for your kinfolk. Bones says we should all sit down and really see what each other brings to the table and how to work things out so that both groups can benefit. You interested?

Also, for everyone, Bones is talking with the Orcs of the Tranquil Plains to see if there can be help for everyone. Someone mentioned earlier that the Orcs have helped defend the jungles before, but that in fighting has prevented them to help again. Perhaps this old Orc can bring that pact together again. Bones hates talking when there is fighting to be had, but this might bring us all much glory and little death on our side. Sound good to you all?

To my knowledge, there are no standing grudges between the Brothers' Creed and the Bleeding Eye. We have fought for similar causes for some time and we have found your actions to be most honorable. For my part, let the ancestral grudges be damned for the sake that we can rid this land of the scourge of the Savage Legion.

As far as a meeting to discuss working out these grudges and working to protect the Ceriopolis. I am all for it. As far as speaking for those kin whom have not taken on our creed I can not speak for them.

~ Grimmloch Red Cloud -Senechal of the Brothers Creed

Grudges? Haven't heard of any. Grimmloch is very handy in a fight, good at taking advantage of distractions.
Hi Grimmloch!

Last edited:
Back