Our town must stay strong

Togashin said:
Padraig,

The incident in which Stoneskull speaks of us ignoring him, us and the rest of the town were bussy with matters of great importance for the town. We had told him we would help when we had the time to do so, but then he ran off on his own.

Stoneskull,

Challenging you to an honor duel is not violence, it is the civil way to end this argument.
And you speak so much of Liddia's greed yet the whole entire reason you wanted to go fight those bandits for Effram was because he was going to give you a spell book for doing it.

Who was the greedy one then?

Togashin,

Even the littlest high orc knows that an honor duel is violence.

As for anything between myself and my Chieftain, that's clan business, and none of yours. He gave me an order to go kill the bandits that were waiting for everyone to relax after the big buildup, and start attacking the town. I followed his order. If you have an issue with that, or anything else of Rockfist affairs - that can be taken up with Effram.

Your great "town business" was standing around and poking at animals as they walked up. If Queen Liddia wanted to stare at whatever shiny attracted her attention this week, you'd consider it "town business".

Togashin, Dramthin's right. We are fighting different fights. I won't raise my blade to you first, but I will raise my blade last, if I have to.

This back and forth is pointless.

You insult me yet again then try and speek of peace? You are truely a confusing person.

If you think i should have a talk with Effram then i will.

Togashin said:
Stoneskull,

Challenging you to an honor duel is not violence, it is the civil way to end this argument.
And you speak so much of Liddia's greed yet the whole entire reason you wanted to go fight those bandits for Effram was because he was going to give you a spell book for doing it.

Who was the greedy one then?

Toga, you're heart has changed as well since we adventured last together, and it disturbs me. What happened to being care free and open hearted. These are things you used to show, going to help people on a moments notice because you called them friend. Now you seem more directed towards Lydia's motives than your own. Perhaps politics are getting the best of you, maybe that's not the field you should pursue, and stick to relaxing and letting the nobility handle that. As for this greed you speak of, I was with Stoneskull when he was charged with this task. It wasn't a reward for doing such, it was a request made by Stoneskull. He has approached his regent on how to go about getting an Earth Spellbook. Regent Rockfist gave him this task, though I don't know if it would have been the only task, it was one for a purpose. Maybe you should get all the information before pointing fingers at greed...and maybe look to your left while your at it.

Dram, buddy, we didn't get to spend much time fighting along side each other as we once did back in Caladore. Perhaps next marketday, we need to renew our friendship by going out adventuring in the surroundings of the town. We have much to talk about, I'd like to hear about your adventures and what you've done to keep yourself out of trouble for the past 2 years.

As for this whole situation of the mushroom cave and the infighting that followed. I was not present during this but I could hear the commotion from the town. Those mushrooms are dangerous as no one quite knows what they do until you feel their effects. Is it not possible that something was in the air that caused the violence to start between the two of you. You should sit down and talk it out before taking to violence/honor duels.

I'm done on this subject, this market day was not a good one for me, I have had some serious doubts about everything since.

One more thing before I go on my way. Mara, I watched your work with awe as you removed that thing from Hennessy, but your work is not done, for I believe I may be in need of your services as well.

Kalin

Kalin said:
Togashin said:
One more thing before I go on my way. Mara, I watched your work with awe as you removed that thing from Hennessy, but your work is not done, for I believe I may be in need of your services as well.
Kalin-

I am grieved to recieve this news. Why did you not say something that day as we cleaned up the aftermath of the Brood attack? I have had little experience with the Brood...indeed, this was my first encounter. I do not know if allowing the broodling to reside for a length of time within the host will affect my ability to remove it, but if they behave anything like other parasites, then I suspect this will be the case.

Though you are an accomplished healer yourself, I urge you to seek assistance as soon as possible to remove this parasite before it has the chance to grow and threaten more than your own life. I will be happy to help in any way that I can.

-Mara Glenbeck

Kalin,

Why do you speak such ill words against the person you are supposed to be charged with protecting?

I am charged to protect her, not to talk good about her. I may protect her, but on a few occasions I've had to protect her from myself by walking away. Makes for an interesting time that my charge can't keep her hands in her pockets when big baddies fall because she saw a shiny thing and HAD to pounce. She is my friend, yes, but her greed has gotten her into some really bad situations.

Truely what greed do you speak of? Give me one good example of it from the recent months.

Well, we can start with the scroll that was found in the goblin necromancer's cave which was demanded that Eldandril, your own kin, was forced to pay out of pocket for, but was given to Lydia as well as a component with no charge added to it. Reasoning behind it, "no one else can use it"...last i checked, she probably could barely read it, let alone use it. We have 2 formalists in the town, neither of which got the scroll, so talk about greed there. We can also go with the charm that was on the shadow unicorn a few seasons past, that when the body dissipated, and the charm dropped, it didn't even hit the ground before Lydia had it in her hands...and it caused her to turn undead. I could go on, but it does no good to complain about the past.

Lyddia get that scroll for me and it's in my hands. As for this shadow unicorn you speak of, how is picking up the treasure a crime really?

but because someone else was interested in something you wanted, you shot it down and took it for yourself by using Lydia to do such...that's REAL honorable. You wanna talk about greed...wow, that's all i have to say.

You know, this kinda reminds me of another adventuring group that was squelched...that would be the Scourge. Your violent attitude and greed is really starting to make me think that they never really died, just got a new leader.

I did not know my sister was interested in the scroll. before i had to leave the table to take care other buisness no one had said they wanted it. If my sister does want it we can work something out.

And how dare you refer to me as being like that. What violent attitude have i taken? Challenging someone to an honor duel?

No, the violent attitude would be the general hostility you seem to take to anyone who talks about Lydia or yourself in any tone but friendly. I wasn't there for the altercation between you and Stoneskull, but instead of swinging on him, perhaps waiting until after the cave was vacated would have been the intelligent thing to do. As for my comment, it's called opinion, you may not like it but it's what everyone has their own of. Perhaps you should think about that. You seem to have lodged yourself up somewhere dark and maybe need some help getting back out. I'm trying to do such. I want to know where the old Togashin went, the one i was proud to call my friend, the one i didn't mind adventuring with. You're digging yourself into a hole you're soon going to find is a lot deeper than you think, and when you ask for help out, there will be no one there.

As for the comment about the scourge...I still hold my ground

Maybe next time, you will find out who's all interested in things before doing stuff like that again.

I don't really have a vested interest in this conversation or issue but I have to note if she took something that later "turned her into undead" I would almost thank her for being the one to sacrifice herself to find out what the magical item did. I personally wouldn't relish the idea of being changed into undead. 0.0 Please just find a peaceful solution I truly hate to see so much strife. =\

- Eldarion -

Kalin,

I explained right after it happend that i struck him by accident. there were atleast 10 people crowded into a small cave trying to fight mushrooms. I tried to make my apology to him right away, he would not listen to me at all.

Togashin said:
Kalin,

I explained right after it happend that i struck him by accident. there were atleast 10 people crowded into a small cave trying to fight mushrooms. I tried to make my apology to him right away, he would not listen to me at all.

Because I don't think it's an accident. I'm hit, right after I tell you to shut up? I wasn't near a mushroom. I was next to Dramthin, who was having to fight over peoples' shoulders with his spear, to be able to get near the mushrooms. Not really that close, eh? I know I was next to him, because when I turned left to face you, he was right behind me. You proceeded to say "What, wanna go?" I swung. I hit you. I blocked your attacks. Then, Dramthin attacked and dropped me from behind, thinking I was under the effects of a berserk. I wasn't.

I wasn't in the right for my actions in the cave. I should have let Hennessey just deal with you. I hold no ill will towards Dramthin for what happened in the cave. However, what you did was wrong. The fact we're going to fight because my right to an opinion shocks me. Aren't you a mystic wood elf? Aren't MWEs supposed to be all about freedom and the ability to say and do what you please? If so - what happened to you? The second anyone's said a bad thing about Liddia, you turn into Khale, wanting people to come down with "sword in neck syndrome".

I'm not your friend, but I'm not your enemy. I will fight you, and I'm speaking to Hennessey regarding working out specifics. If you love Liddia, like others say you do, maybe letting her respond to the claims would be a better idea. She wants to lead... she has to be able to take the criticism that comes with stepping up.

I never swung at you after i acidently hit you. Anyone else that was there can testify to that.

I was there and honestly it was an accident. Why were you telling him to shut up in the first place? Even being a high Orc I honestly have not heard you speak like that. I really don't think its worth over thinking this point because it was a crazy cave with all sorts of ridicules things going on. One mushroom even "phased" out Henesy! And for what its worth this was Togashin's as well as my first time there. Please try to come to peace with this, it takes two to fight. =(

- Eldarion -

Dreamingfurther said:
I was there and honestly it was an accident. Why were you telling him to shut up in the first place? Even being a high Orc I honestly have not heard you speak like that. I really don't think its worth over thinking this point because it was a crazy cave with all sorts of ridicules things going on. One mushroom even "phased" out Henesy! And for what its worth this was Togashin's as well as my first time there. Please try to come to peace with this, it takes two to fight. =(

- Eldarion -

Eldarion,

We've moved past that. Now, we're onto Togashin wanting to beat me up because I wasn't nice to his girlfriend. Is Togashin going to beat up Kalin too? He said some mean things about Liddia... should anyone who wants to talk badly about Liddia get in line, so we can all fight Togashin, just so we can have our opinions?

Togashin, Lady Fallingstar, Stoneskull

Is this something that I can provide all 3 of you with councel on? I see the anger and pain in your words for one another and I do not beleive a duel will solve the problem. I will be available to speak to all 3 of you next market day.

On the matter of the Bandits:
True I promised Stoneskull a reward to help him along in his studies after he returned from finding these bandits. That doesn't take away from the fact that I judged them a threat. It also does not excuse Liddias ignoring his request... and if she didn't the failure is still upon her for failing to make him understand that she would help. She is a diplomat is she not? if she is how can she not communicate something so simple. On the other side of the coin, Stoneskull ran and impatiently tried to gather people to deal with a threat not trying to draw others to his aid but rather trying to strong arm them into compliance. I have not dealt with Liddia and Togashin's kind long but I can tell they would not respond kindly to threats or attempts to control them "right now"

Liddia,

This cave is your land, its up to you to dispense justice within it... dispence it well or I will take it back...

It is also your responsability to manage your relationships, not anyone elses to do so for you by threat of violence, or abject dismisal.

You have done much for this town Liddia Fallingstar and for that we are gratefull to you and will always be... attempts to unmake the reputation you have built for yourself as a willing, capable adventurer can only be stopped by your active acceptance of the mistakes you have made. A good leader does not find themselves to be good overnight but rather pulls those around him or herself slowly. Continue to protect this town but do not forget your beginings it is not too late to rebuild the foudation which has begun to crack.

You someday wish to be a noble, a true noble, and recognized as such, then accept responsability for the unfair things youve done to others, the times you have failed them, and work past them. Ignoring your failures only makes them grow in importance though they should pale in comparison to your accomplishments... Many blame you for a great many things not your fault... see to that.

Togashin,

You have done much to hurt the one you seek to protect... you and I are much alike in this... I once brough war to these lands because I souht to protect those I love. I , like you, felt I had no choice. I, also like you, saw that my honor and that of those I cared for needed protecting. I could not have been any more wrong. my actions caused war, and blooshed and the death of my Princess.... I implore you to calm your ire, reread what you have said from the viewpoint of those youve adressed ,and see the damage you could do.

I can only hope you would see these words to you, not an attack to be defended against but rather look to your wisened heart for the truth of the matter. Perhaps an apology is in order to some, perhaps not... but surely you of all folk but know your actions in this are not any you could stand behind proudly.

Stoneskull,

You seem unable to simply not have the last word, you and I have spoken on this before, in the spirit realm. Do we need to have the same conversation again? These people are your people, the people who graced you with a home, and food, and life itself.... don't spit on that because someone hit you, wether on purpose or by incidant... consider your words... you beg to be assaulted.

Many peoples of briarpass wish your councel, your strengh is already spoken of in many homes and already some of my warriors take note of your prodigious growth... this growth can only continue if you learn to let certain things go... Go ahead argue with your chieftain... I dare you to speak all the ills that Liddia and Togashin have prepratrated on you... you can only proove my point. No one can take your pride, no one can hammer at your self respect but yourself. Stand unflinching in the face of the enenmy as you have since you were but a boy.... but remember to ask yourself if its an enemy at all.

Effram Rockfist

Regent Rockfist,

I feel that I should take responsibility for the decision not to go after the bandits.

I judged three threats to Briarpass that night.
-The most pressing threat was the reappearance of animals seemingly infected by the "creeper vines". I sent out what scouts and trackers I could, but we could not seem to locate the source.
-The Second most pressing concern was the fate of the flawed earth circle I located some time ago. I seems to have been taken over by some sort of goblin necromancer and filled with all manner of goblin, gnoll and troll. I judged this matter to be of more import than simple bandits.
-The third concern was that of the bandit party. I told Stoneskull that if he could find a party willing to deal with the bandits, under his leadership, then I would go with him. When no one in town would agree to his leadership he stormed off to face the bandits himself. For that I applaud his courage and loyality, but perhaps not his judgement.

Do not judge the town too harshly for their choices. I was I who gave the order to reclaim the ritual circle.

Hennessy
Sheriff for the free peoples of Briarpass

Back