Paragon Packages Update

My gut is telling me yes, but I'd just like to clarify. If a character has the six high magic points given from the Elf tier 3 package, but otherwise do not have any ranks, can they assist in casting rituals?

Joe: No, it is not, but Dan and I are going to see about rebalancing those two now that the event is over. Send us your feedback, please.

Albert: Your gut is telling you wrong. The amount of Formal Magic levels that the Elf paragon package confers upon you is zero, which means that you do not satisfy the requirements to be declared a secondary ritual caster.

Gotcha. Being not a ritualist, I wasn't aware there was a difference between Formal Magic and High Magic. Thank you, Evan.

For clarity, the uses of high magic for elf characters with no 9th level spells in the appropriate school that are considered to be valid at this time are:

Celestial Armor
Channel Foundation Element
Channel Earth/Chaos
Earth's Bounty
Healer's Resolve

If a player has a suggestion for additional uses for Elf Paragon high magic for non-casters or casters buying outside their primary school, please email your suggestion and reasoning to deadlandswizard@gmail.com.

Question: The Fighter packages have Parry and Riposte, and I cannot purchase these skills with build since I do not meet the pre-reqs. I haven't tried to be taught these skills since it will be a while before I can buy them. Are paragon packages intended to ignore build access? Do I have to be taught these skill? If I have to be taught them, and can find a teacher before stuff gets real on Friday night and Saturday, do I have to wait until Saturday logistics to turn in the card to use them? I used them last game since this didn't occur to me to worry about and they were on my card.

Paragon packages ignore current build and all prerequisites ordinarily required. You do not have to have the appropriate number of Weapon Proficiencies to build-buy a Parry in order to benefit from the Parry offered by the package.

You do not have to be taught how to use the skills offered by the packages.

You do not count as having been taught how to use a skill that is offered by the packages for the purposes of purchasing that skill with build.

You may not teach a skill that you have not purchased with build.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Excellent!
Although I have a pretty broad "do not taunt anything, especially things that look harmless" policy, can you describe the Happy Fun Ball so I can be extra cautious?

Back