Potion Coating Clarification

I would like to see potion cache. There is a poison cache which lets you strike when you want to. Having a sword that has potion cache should also be there. Or not have the other. Which I don't like cause I like the poison cache scroll. I use a spell strike healing sword and this would replace it

Poison Cache does not let you swing when you want. Poison Trigger lets you do that. Poison Cache just lets you store more than one on a blade.

How many potions/poisons will one be able to store on one weapon with poison cache?

How many potions/poisons will one be able to store on one weapon with poison cache?

Depends how many Poison Cache's you have. If you have one? You can store two. Two? You can store three. And so on.

That's not necessarily accurate.

There are rituals that have progressive power/difficulty associated with them. There's no reason to believe that Poison Cache couldn't be cast at higher levels for more storage.

^this. But it could very well be limited to a one level cast. As it is pretty powerful, I would prefer it is limited to only one per cast, otherwise I will take 7 maxed out levels of it please.

I'm not sure that it's necessarily more or less powerful than, say, Spell Store.

Armor negates poisons. Pulling out your three poison sword won't really matter until you think you're doing body damage. If someone was able to stack, say, 3-4 poisons at max difficulty, I don't think I'd care all that much. Heck, if it increased massively from there in terms of diff/comp like Spell Store does? I'd be okay with an infinite growth.

More for the reason that it eats up only one ritual slot (like a spell store). So if I can have a poison cache of 20 on sword, then that is a lot of poison swings I can make. Since they swing until they land now, that's a lot more poisons landing. You are bound to get through armor (of NPC's, Im not thinking PC vs PC here). One Ritual slot for 20 (again give me 7 for 140) and then you just have to find/steal/buy the alchemy. Now I drop 140 Vorpals... Damage bloat for days.

Just because it comes from a single ritual, that doesn't mean it only takes up one slot on the item. See Enchant and Elemental Burst.

Im thinking more like Spell store as it is more similar to that than either Enchant or Elemental Burst. It requires something to charge the slot each time and it is reusable (refillable?). Where Enchant is once ever and Elemental Burst is static.

Also, none of the 2.0 rituals clarify how many ritual slots they take up...

More for the reason that it eats up only one ritual slot (like a spell store). So if I can have a poison cache of 20 on sword, then that is a lot of poison swings I can make. Since they swing until they land now, that's a lot more poisons landing. You are bound to get through armor (of NPC's, Im not thinking PC vs PC here). One Ritual slot for 20 (again give me 7 for 140) and then you just have to find/steal/buy the alchemy. Now I drop 140 Vorpals... Damage bloat for days.

That's an insane amount of money that leaves the system every time, then.

28 gold for a weekend of swinging +10, on top of Crit attacks (see 100 crit attack fighter). It's kinda insane... And broken. Its not likely but its possible.

Isn't a 10 point vorpal coating 40 pp now, not 20?

I missed that. Thanks!

SO its a little more cost prohibitive. But adding even 5 points on top of things is still adding to the damage bloat. :(

That damage bloat is saving chapters bucket of money on coin. I'll take that trade any day.

Back