render and steeling/lost items

I could go for giving powerful blacksmiths some cooler stuff.

But as far as the last HQ event was concerned, I know there were some very good smiths who weren't there.

And is just because something is weak, a good reason to not protect what little it has? Just saying. ;)

Dreamingfurther said:
As for breaching in general I believe that really has to stay. Otherwise there is no way that people will go through armor enough. And there is no way to show the wear and tear that armor gets as it is used and gradually breaks down. Suddenly there would be a huge armor glut in the system and the folks who used to blacksmith it are significantly hurt. I've played a game for a little bit in which there was no armor breaching. It didn't really work.
James Trotta said:
And armor is the only item in game that wears down. Weapons and shields don't.

Arcane also doesn't breach, doesn't require a few hundred $ worth of physrep, can't be destroyed with a shatter, doesn't require constant expense to use, gets waylay protection without any of the drawbacks of a helm, can't be stolen... why does anyone wear real armor, again?

Cause arcane armor is really hard to get your hands on, never mind the extension scroll? And yes, AA CAN be stolen.
Sure, you can get it LCO, but...

Mike, thanks for letting us know about you folks talking this over.

Yea, ppls use real because arcane armor is something that my PC is like, well hopefully 4 or 5 years down the road if I'm still alive I'd like a suit of that... ;)

Mk, don't you see? Making armor not breach would be worse for smiths. Taking away the primary reason for people to buy more gear? Are you kidding me?
Expiration dates on weapon tags. That's my quick fix. I've heard other good ideas, but making armor static isn't one of them.

Dreamingfurther said:
Yea, ppls use real because arcane armor is something that my PC is like, well hopefully 4 or 5 years down the road if I'm still alive I'd like a suit of that... ;)

Really? Maybe it's a location difference, as in most of the places I've been lately, Arcane is pretty trivial to come up with.

Wraith said:
Dreamingfurther said:

Really? Maybe it's a location difference, as in most of the places I've been lately, Arcane is pretty trivial to come up with.

Only if you know the right people.

jnelson said:
Wraith said:
Dreamingfurther said:

Only if you know the right people.

You only need to know the person printing the magic item list for NPCs. NPC enough and you'll see Arcane Armor show up. Of course, you need enough gobbies to buy it. ;)

there is also a big difference in games where there are a dozen or so all 15th or 20th or higher level PC's running around with few to no lower level PC's to support them jacking up the treasure policy for MI's, comps, and rit scrolls and not really having a large base to stop everyone from having all the good rits and MI's.

I'm not saying these things are bad or stuff I'm just saying there is a big difference in the type of game and the availability of certain things. I mean I know people who have gotten AA scrolls for as little as 2 spell books because those were so valuable in that chapter at that point... =\

Back