Ritual System Update Discussion!

They are still 'humanoid statues' though the exact makeup is up to the creator. It should be appropriate, IE. You cannot look like a PC race. You should stick to what is already defined, but if you wanted a blue crystalline construct instead of a white one (diamond golem), that is fine. If you wanted a green and yellow liquid metal construct, etc.

Basically it needs to look construct like, so that if someone goes, what the hell are you, you can go, im a <blah> construct, and they would go, 'oh cool' and not look at you funny and then refer to you as the green hobling.

raven said:
are there any make up requirements for the new master constructs , or are they basicly clones ove whoever is stored in them at the time?

As per the verbiage on the scroll.

You may customize the look of your construct but it cannot be made in a way that would allow it to be mistaken for any PC race. The specific make-up and/or prosthetic requirements for the created Construct must be approved by your local plot team and listed on the Monster Stat card.

Also, was it intended that a min power construct be able to have evocation immunities?

RiddickDale said:
Please place any discussion/praise etc for the updates to the Ritual system here!

All rules based questions should be placed within the appropriate forum.

:thumbsup:

As a non ritual caster who barely ever uses the system?

Two thumbs WAY up to whoever came up with this! Especially the personalization in the High magic of Flaws/Mark. That's awesome :D

-Ali

Time to dust off the celestial caster I have sitting in the database..WOOHOOO!!!

what is the "base" body of a Master Construct before you start adding +25 to it? Or does it start with 0 and you have to spend some number of points on body?

pg 92 of the ARB: When you show up to the Greater Earth Circle to resurrect, they will update your death total and then will ask you to choose from the
Bag of Chance.

Per the announcement: 31. Sacrifice:
This ritual allows a character to sacrifice their spirit by trading places with a spirit that has been in a greater Earth Circle awaiting Resurrection for no more than 30 minutes. The activator of the Sacrifice ritual then undergoes a resurrection per the standard rules.

1 - So, I'm nine in the bag and die. My buddy Luanne (oh, wait, we're a fantasy larp.... Llewahnn) has a Sacrifice up. I go to the circle and refuse to let anyone attempt to resurrect me. Llewahnn pops her Sacrifice and I don't perm, true?

2 - Same sitch, but I know Llewahnn is in the middle of casting a rit or on a mod or some such, so I go into town, eat a hearty meal, buy a pack of smokes, catch a movie, and come back to the game three hours later to have the rezz performed and there she is. Since my body is the physrep for the spirit, it hasn't been in the Circle for 30 minutes and therefore I'm good to go. (Or, if that's too extreme for you, maybe a just take the long way around the site to get there and walk reeeeal slow). We're good, yeah?

3 - This time around, I'm five in, but now I take an Oblit. Llewahnn shows up and she takes one death "per the standard rules" rather than me taking three deaths, yes?

Dreamingfurther said:
what is the "base" body of a Master Construct before you start adding +25 to it? Or does it start with 0 and you have to spend some number of points on body?

Base is 50. Max body is 150.

jpariury said:
3 - This time around, I'm five in, but now I take an Oblit. Llewahnn shows up and she takes one death "per the standard rules" rather than me taking three deaths, yes?

Pretty sure this one specifically does not work.

jpariury said:
2 - Same sitch, but I know Llewahnn is in the middle of casting a rit or on a mod or some such, so I go into town, eat a hearty meal, buy a pack of smokes, catch a movie, and come back to the game three hours later to have the rezz performed and there she is. Since my body is the physrep for the spirit, it hasn't been in the Circle for 30 minutes and therefore I'm good to go. (Or, if that's too extreme for you, maybe a just take the long way around the site to get there and walk reeeeal slow). We're good, yeah?

No

As per page 91 of the rulebook - You must put on a white headband and head immediately and directly to your campaign’s resurrection point. Immediately and directly, not taking a good long walk down the outer path, not hopping on one foot, not I saw someone out of game I wanted to talk to and got held up. Granted we run the game as if our players are adults who won't try to cheese things too often, so this isn't worded perfect to prevent abuse. In this case your local logistics/or plot team should give you a yellow card for unsportsmanlike play and deny use of the sacrifice after you arrived to the circle 50 minutes later then a "reasonable speed". If you choose to go out of game you forfeit your chance to have a sacrifice used to your benefit.

Sorry if the above is a little bit harsh, I'm a bit grumpy about getting out voted on this one ^.^

Number one is correct and by the intention of the rule, although I worry about having groups keep a sacrifice on hand and paying a 25 build youngan for a quick cast rit/sacrifice combo (hey a new player gets 20 gold, you don't perm, good deal for all!)

20 gold to take a death? What a tool.

Or, good for him? Kinda like selling your organs though.

Yeah, I think I suggested that the person sacrificing had to be of equal or higher level (like Death will only take a worthy replacement or whatever), but that got shot down for some reason.

Ultimately, I think it has the potential for some awesome IG drama. Chapters could make the ritual against the law, or decide their IG world has a really strong, negative response to veterans exploiting the young and foolish into dying for them. Maybe have a group of exceptionally altruistic knights who all strive to sacrifice themselves for an innocent, at least once, to fulfill the vows of their order.

And yeah, if I caught someone moonwalking lapses around the forest to prolong his time from rezzing... Sorry, no sacrifice for you!

Gary

1. Yes... but now Llewahnn resurrects, possibly having to pull from the Bag of chance as per normal.

2. Lurin basically covered this one. The sacrifice ritual has a 30 minute time limit as well.

3. Oblit is unavoidable. per the scroll "Sacrifice will not allow you to take the place of a Character which has died due to a Players decision to avoid a Ritual Effect or as a result of any Ritual effect which is defined as “Unavoidable” such as Obliteration."

And last, the concern about having low level characters around to sacrifice to your high level characters is unlikely for a number of reasons. Low level characters that play every time to be available will not be low level very long. You would require a sacrifice for each time or character to be available, and basically anyone feeling 'forced' into the situation should be talking to their 'friends' about not being dicks.

That's gonna suck though when the guy who has never died takes a sacrifice for a friend on their last life and perms

Dom said:
That's gonna suck though when the guy who has never died takes a sacrifice for a friend on their last life and perms
That's what 2 free deaths are for.

yup forgot about those

Edit: the guy who has used their 2 free deaths perms

Dom said:

What will be 1000 times worse is the plot team that decides that a villian has a horde of loyal followers and a stack of this rit around so he NEVER DIES.
--bill

What Bill said. Basically any dragonmage who can scrounge up enslavements is now unkillable without a lot of extra work.

I kind of don't approve of that.

Then it becomes a game of "find Raz al Ghul's circle and pop it" rather than "kill him in the field 12 times." The first scenario is more fun to write and makes the kill more satisfying for the PCs. I'm ok with making it hard to perm bad guys as long as there is:
A: A way to actually perm them.
B: Opportunities for the PCs to gain that information if they are proactive and creative in their search.

Will bad guys be written who do this? Yes indeedy, but this is another opportunity to use the rules and the freedoms/restrictions provided by them to write deeper and more engaging stories, which is the entire reason I play.

-toddo

Back