Rules Change for upcoming Deadlands event

Greetings, I would like to inform you all that per the decision of a subcommittee of the staff, in the NH Chapter the correct verbal for the skill Eviscerate has been changed from "Prepare to Die: Eviscerate! ... Eviscerate! ... Eviscerate!" etc. to "Lightning River Strikes Twice! ... Four times! ... Eight times!" etc. Please monitor this thread for possible additional awesome fake rules updates.

I feel like there is an inside joke here that is simply going over my head

Inside Joke Going Over Your Head is the new name for Remove Paralysis potion.

All golems prior to being used for spirit store must be appropriately phys-repped by a humanoid sculpture of the appropriate material. Deadlands assumes no responsibility for any instances of injury or mercury poisoning that results from the construction of these phys-reps.

The call for Cloak has been changed to "Nu'uh"

The call for Bane has been changed to "I'm Rubber and You're Glue!"

Dodge has likewise been changed to "Missed Me Missed Me, Now ya gotta kiss me"

That's right folks... Playground Rules are in effect.

And the call for Spell Parry is changed to "Not in my house!".

For those of you interested, there will also be a special ' rules-theory forum' mod, wherein the PCs will be tasked with having an argument with Dan until his face turns bright red and he rage-quits the scene.

This mod will, of course, be un-statted.

Evades require the verbal, "oh no you didn'," accompanied by a successful finger snap and head bob.

Shatter Spirit = Ooops! I broke one!

Michiko said:
Shatter Spirit = Ooops! I broke one!

Shatters or Destroys = This is why we can only have several nice things!

Any time Void takes the field: By the power of Greyskull!

The subcommittee in charge of skill morebetterizing has several additional changes to announce.

The correct verbal for Prison is now "It's game over for you, son." The correct verbal for taking a Prison is "Game over, man, game over!"

The correct verbal for Web is now "Here's Web in your eye!"

The correct verbal for Life is now "Live Long and Prosper." The correct verbal for Death is now "Live Short and be Impoverished."

The correct verbal for Sleep is now "Lullaby and good night,
With roses bedight,
With lilies o'er spread
Is baby's wee bed.
Lay thee down now and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed.

Lullaby and good night,
Thy mother's delight,
Bright angels beside
My darling abide.
They will guard thee at rest,
Thou shalt wake on my breast."

The correct verbal for Confine is now "Here's Web in your eye!"

Lastly, the correct verbal for any weapon attack made with a Short Hammer is "2 Legit". Should such an attack successfully resolve on any target, that target is required to quit.

Collan said:
For those of you interested, there will also be a special ' rules-theory forum' mod, wherein the PCs will be tasked with having an argument with Dan until his face turns bright red and he rage-quits the scene.

This mod will, of course, be un-statted.

this one actually scares me a little

AND
any "no effect" response is now " I'm better than you na-na na-na boo boo stick your head in doo doo"

Flyaway Bird said:
The verbal "Prepare to die" is now "OH GIRL"

BAHAHAHAHA. I'm imagining the fights now.

This made my day.

:thumbsup: :lol: :funny:

unfortunately, as successful as the fundraiser was, it came too late for us to back out of the 'Deadlands Corporate Sponsor Branding' campaign. As such, all potions from the healers guild must now possess a Pepsi branded logo (Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Lipton Teas, etc…), and the user is required to emote the 'cool refreshing feeling' they experience.

Similarly, any non-affiliated potions must be labeled 'RC Cola', and the imbiber is required to express their dis-satisfaction with the taste experience.

We apologize for any difficulties which may arise.

Please stay tuned for future branding announcements.

The battle cast incant for Obliterate has changed. Instead of "I call upon the power of the dragon to obliterate you," it is now:

KAAMEEEHAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The correct verbal for Sleep is now "Lullaby and good night,
With roses bedight,
With lilies o'er spread
Is baby's wee bed.
Lay thee down now and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed.

Lullaby and good night,
Thy mother's delight,
Bright angels beside
My darling abide.
They will guard thee at rest,
Thou shalt wake on my breast."

So how does that one work if delivered as a magic sleep?

Also are the rumors true that all evocations verbals have been replaced with,"I'm going to rock you like a hurricane," "You've been Thunderstruck!," "Chill out (doing your best Arnold impersonation)," and "FLAME ON!" for stone, lightning, ice, and flame respectively?

Back