Rules Change for upcoming Deadlands event

New incants:

Wizard Lock: "I didn't like this stuff anyway"

Ward: "Nobody peeved off the plot team, right?"

Banish: "Yes I memorized Banish, why are you looking at me like that?"

Cure Light Wounds: "Applying dirt, suck less in the future."

Magic Armor: "Don't forget to call the Magic Armor I'm giving you when you get hit. Say it with me. MAAAAAGIC... ARRRRRMOR."

Elemental Blast: "Burst Pools are for the weak! Eat some (insert element)!"

Cause Disease: "Yep, I'm a Necromancer. Catch me if you can!"

Drain: "Paralysis is objectively better by virtue of effecting almost the same set of targets and being legal, I'm doing this because I didn't really think through my column. Sorry."

Create Undead: "I didn't have a circle in memory and you have the look of someone who needs to resurrect. Go walk off into the woods."

Gypsy Curse: Personal prefixes changed to singing the entire Banana Splits' theme song.

Terror: Monster must immediately cue "Yakkity Sax" to be played over site speakers and start chasing the PC through multiple doorways on opposite sides of a hallway.

Toddo, I almost dropped my laptop off the couch I was laughing so hard.

I'm going to see about making these new verbals bi-coastal.

If I can get Mike on board with this, you guys can totally get Sean to agree.

Edit: Ali and I came up with a few more.

Stone Bolt: "Disarm was crossed out in my spellbook."

Awaken: "I hang out with too many roundears."

CoP: "I'm gonna rez some-- I mean, I'm going to cast some rituals."

Silence: "No, YOU shut up."

Purify: "Nope. You're fine. STUNNED? Well, crap."

The incant for Stone Storm is "I grant you the power of a Spell Shield."

That actually isn't a change, it's just the reality of life.

stonegolem said:
The incant for Stone Storm is "I grant you the power of a Spell Shield."

That actually isn't a change, it's just the reality of life.

I made that suggestion almost a decade ago. I'm glad that it stuck.

Evan, if I don't see Angrag use a shield and a crossbow at the same time this weekend, I'm going to sue you for false advertisement.

Or just be mildly disappointed.

The Alliance Deadlands Subcommittee for the Improvemancy of Gameration has voted on and passed the following changes:

Any use of the legerdemain skill must be preceded by the statement: "In the name of Tim Rose, this skill is so frikkin' meta it's ridiculous."

Anyone witnessing the use of the Endow effect is required to state "That's what she said" and look around to see if anyone laughed.

The verbal for using wand charges will now include "Pew Pew Pew!" at the end.

The user of a Monster Slayer weapon is required to state "Slay 'er? I hardly know 'er!" and look around to see if anyone laughed.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Evan, if I don't see Angrag use a shield and a crossbow at the same time this weekend, I'm going to sue you for false advertisement.

Or just be mildly disappointed.

Make me a max size heavy crossbow rep.

If I weren't already using Gary's crossbow because I don't have the time to make my own, I would.

Although I believe there is one in NPC camp that doesn't get used, ever.

Yeah, I'm just being lazy and not wanting to actually acquire the materials to make one myself.

Someday, though. Da Hamma-Chucka will rise.

Magic Storm: Incant must be sung to the tune of "Banana Phone"

Laugh Gas: "Yes I have Paralysis gasses, but I don't like you very much out of game."

Shatter Spirit: "I call upon the power of the Dragon to show how big I am without having to deal with the whining you get when you throw oblits."

Hallucinate: A detailed description of what the effect does and does not do.

Explosive Trap: Must play the entire song "Boom" by Flight of the Conchords.

Break Command: Freestyle rap battle vs the target of effect.

Resurrections must be performed by reciting an improvised sequence of five sonnets linked by the theme of regret for eating the last slice of birthday cake at your cousin's birthday party. Player being resurrected perms if not in true iambic pentameter.

Birdseed will no longer be an acceptable packet-filler. All packets must be filled with the tears of teemage Dr Who fangirls who just found out that John Barrowman isn't really into the ladies.

Shun: No verbal requirement. The player must walk up to the PC or NPC, hand them 5 gold and wink broadly to activate effect.

Obliterate: "My makeup and costuming mean I'll be around for a while. I hope yours has a return policy."

These seem to be getting meaner as we keep going.

I'm kinda alright with it.

All successful use of Paralysis effects must include yelling "Bend-y pose-y time!" before running over and using them as a coat or weapon rack.

Cause Mortal Wounds: "Because I forgot about Drain"

I'm still wondering how to yell in a rainbow, as Evan posted earlier.

The verbal for Purify has been changed to "The sum of the square of the legs of a right triangle equals the square of the third side."

The verbal for Terror has been changed to "The sum of the square of the legs of a right triangle equals the square of the third side."

In the event that an effect with the verbal "The sum of the square of the legs of a right triangle equals the square of the third side," resolves, the nearest marshal shall flip a coin, asking the caster to call it in the air. if the caster guesses correctly, the effect resolves as intended. If the caster is incorrect, the opposite effect shall occur.

the call for lightning bolt is now "ZAP!"

the call for lightning storm is now " 1.21 gigawats!!!"

the call for a lightning blast is now "you've been THUNDERSTRUCK!!"

the call for a prepare to die skill is "POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER!"

anyone under the fear effect group is now supposed to say "WOOP WOOP WOOP WHOOP" along with a pinching motion with thier hands and running sideways

Back