Seeking Information about "Knights" of Flynt

I believe I can also shed some light.. Firstly, I will say that I am not a representative of Flynt by any definition of the word.

To address the original questions set forth..

As far as to the sovereignty of Flynt...
They are outside of the domain of any established nation. They are not supported by the Ceriopolis in any meaningful way, they are outside our defenses and beyond our patrols. You could even pass the argument that Flynt actively supports the Ceriopolis though the actions of Bjorn, Tal-Harroth, Dab himself and others in the past few years in the defense of Ceriopolis. They receive no support from any other nation in Caliphestus. They self govern, they have their own laws, they have provided for their own needs, they have mounted their own defenses against invaders, bandits, and the Legion. What makes them any less sovereign than the Ceriopolis itself?

As far as Knighting, I can't honestly voice an informed opinion on this as I am unaware entirely of the process of becoming a knight other than being dubbed so by a Noble or serving a Knight as a Squire.

As far to the implication of Dab practicing necromancy. While I was not in Ellara, I can not directly attest to whether or not they are true.. But, I can attest that similar rumors abound within our community about many others... Including those who are not versed in the Magic arts or in some cases.... the incorrect form of magic... And until someone can bring forth some shred of proof of someone has committed necromancy. Rumours should be left as such... though while keeping a watchful eye.

As far as the People of Flynt.... I have spoken to them on a number of occasions, in my capacity as Deputy Magistrate. They look to Dab as a man who made it a point to hear their plight and help them to resettle here... I will point out this is far and away more active a role than many others within our community of adventurers was willing to do then the refugee crisis first occurred. He helped them to build homes, sow crops, and build defenses from outside threats. I also know that the events and actions of Roann came as a surprise to them, while they saw him as quiet and distant, they had no idea of the troubles with which he wrestled with and the atrocities he committed until they were brought to light. Blaming people due to the actions of one of their number is simply ludicrous.

I will add that I have never seen actions of or evidence of necromancy among the population of Flynt.. for the most part it is a simple community of farmers and other craftsmen working together to put their lives back together after the Legion destroyed their homes.

- Grimmloch

As far to the implication of Dab practicing necromancy. While I was not in Ellara, I can not directly attest to whether or not they are true.. But, I can attest that similar rumors abound within our community about many others... Including those who are not versed in the Magic arts or in some cases.... the incorrect form of magic... And until someone can bring forth some shred of proof of someone has committed necromancy. Rumours should be left as such... though while keeping a watchful eye.

Dab admitted to myself, Durnic and Zeth to being in Elara and allowing one of the dark elves from there to cast a chaos blade upon him and his friends. One of those being Bjorn. Speaking of, Bjorn was there during the admittance. So was another whose name escapes me, I am sorry.

One does not need to be versed in the Magic Arts, let alone the "correct" form of magic, to activate a necromantic magic item or to allow someone to cast said spell upon their person. Your means to discredit something that was heard holds about as much water as a net.

Another witness to the event, was none other than the Dominei Taliya, who admitted to saving Durnic and Ulric's life as they went to confront said dark elf and group of adventurers using necromancy. So, these "rumors" are not rumors but the actual truth, and as the deputy magistrate to the Ceriopolis, you should be just as outraged as the rest of the Equitem at this, or step down as deputy magistrate. I have concerns of how readily you are to jump up and defend admitted murders and necromancers.

-Karzel, Equitem Aether

((OOG: I would really like to make sure that everyone is aware that the whole knighting thing was a major misunderstanding on how things work OOG on Keegan and my end. Which is why I immidiately apologized in game, and will continue to do so in game. I just don't want an OOG mistake effect the game of myself, yourselves, or anyone my character may associate with. Hope to peacefully clear things up next gather))

Equitem Karzel,

I was on long travels to gather allies among other nations within Caliphestus at the time of the events in Elara and have only been recently briefed on them. As to the statements you make towards witness and admitting to being party to act of necromancy, This is the first I have heard of it.. In fact when I was briefed on the events in Elara no mention of necromancy was made other than to the effect that it was behind some of the problems there.
I can not be outraged by facts of which I have not been informed of. Additionally, my job is not to become outraged, I remain unemotional in respect to my responsibilities.. My job is not to make judgement or interpert law, but to simply enforce the Laws of the Ceriopolis upon the citizens of the Ceriopolis, I have additional duties of organizing defenses and assisting in what need may be required of me from the Magistrate. That said. I will investigate the issue further at next gather.. Though I find it odd that if these facts are so concrete that they have not been yet addressed, especially seeing that the events in question happened nearly a year ago.

Also I am myself new to adventuring and not familiar with magic entirely, I openly admit it.. but the rumours I have heard in the past are of those I know to be of not only Noble Title and Bearing, but of exemplary character, And if they were to indeed be true. There would not be much hope in the Success of Ceriopolis and to date I have, as expected found no truth to them.

I will add that this information you have made me aware of Karzel shows that there is an obvious breakdown in communication between the Council and the Deputies.. I will make attempts to address this as well at some point during the next gather.

Deputy,

I'll put this as bluntly as possible.

The subject we're discussing was handled and resolved by the Dominei and Equitem. To put it succinctly, in order for a trial to occur, three of the Quorum must feel that there is merit for it.

The Quorum gathered, we discussed it, and three of the Quorum did not agree that a trial had merit.

The reason for this decision was primarily that the events in question occurred outside the enforceable boundaries of the Ceriopolis, and as such, we did not feel our laws extended to lands that aren't ours to govern.

The reason you're unaware of this is largely due to your lack of presence. While I expect you're doing everything in your power to assist those you come across, you simply aren't in contact with us. Please don't act surprised when you're not kept informed, due to the fact you're not around.

This subject has been beaten to death, and it is over. If you wish to discuss it in further detail, you can find us in the Ceriopolis, should you stop by sometime.

-Dominus Zeth

I will remind the esteemed Dominei, again, that Roann's execution for the murders of innocents in his charnel house of a personal dwelling occurred outside of the boundaries of Ceriopolis. He did his disgusting experimentation in that location specifically because of that fact, daring us to come after him. Yet we did the right thing in that case that sentenced him to death.

The very idea that an accomplished Earth Scholar such as yourself, who is well aware of the dangers of said magic, would allow admitted necromancers to wander around in your town without acceptable punishment is unfathomable to me.

-Equitem Durnic

Equitem Durnic.

This isn't the place or time for the revival of a dead subject.

If you cannot accept the outcome that was decided, then take the matter up with the beings above us.

-Dominus Zeth

I would like to discuss a few of Zeth's points:

The subject we're discussing was handled and resolved by the Dominei and Equitem.

Resolved is highly debatable. And likely to be debated at this next gather when Durnic is around. The Domini can explain to his face why they don't want to peruse justice when a Equitem was assaulted and nearly murdered by people actively using chaos magic if not for the intervention of Domini Taylia.

To put it succinctly, in order for a trial to occur, three of the Quorum must feel that there is merit for it.

To be fair you act as if this is public knowledge or record. I have yet to see this in any document or laws that have been made public. It would be nice to know the finer details of this change.

The Quorum gathered, we discussed it, and three of the Quorum did not agree that a trial had merit.

Literally untrue. Three agreed at first and then one backed out after the fact and changed their vote which apparently retroactively can undo the need for a trial. Again public knowledge of this process in the laws would be helpful.

The reason for this decision was primarily that the events in question occurred outside the enforceable boundaries of the Ceriopolis, and as such, we did not feel our laws extended to lands that aren't ours to govern.

Equitem Durnic already addressed this. But I further his comment, by this logic Roann should have been allowed to walk free. As with anyone that conspires with the savage legion as long as they do it on the savage legion's controlled lands.

Zeth, If I am in error on any of these points please point it out. I would really like to see you address Dunric's point as you have actively been avoiding it for some time. Why do boundaries matter in the Ellaran Chaos case but not in Roann's case? Please do no run from this topic of discussion. Take responsibility for your choices and words.

-Tantarus

Equitem Durnic.

This isn't the place or time for the revival of a dead subject.

If you cannot accept the outcome that was decided, then take the matter up with the beings above us.

-Dominus Zeth
I am already in the process of doing just that.

May I interject once more? Take this up with the beings above us? Would you say that Equitem Rex is above you Dominei Zeth? If so, then it has been. She believes they should be punished for the use of necromancy.

Brother... what happened to you? I do not recognize my own flesh and blood anymore....

-Karzel

Equitem.

Thank you for making our conflict with each other so remarkably public.

You are so keen to make declarations as to how incredibly displeased you are with the outcomes of decisions.

You are so terribly obsessed with having the perceived failings of others raked over the coals in order to assuage your need for "Justice."

Your need is so great that you will continue and continue to push this no matter the cost to order.

Move on. Time will not stop simply because you cannot accept what has occurred.

We will continue to have more issues to deal with.

I am doing everything I can to take care of the Ceriopolis as a whole, and I'm not going to stop my efforts to undo what is already over.

If you dislike it, fine. Get a mead, a private room for the group of you, and spend an evening complaining as to how terribly we've failed you.

While you do that, I, for one, am going to try to focus on dealing with everything else that comes up.

Surely there's a more productive way for you to use your time and energy. I suggest you find it.

-Zeth

Domini and Equitem,

First, while this is not the ideal location for such words to be stated, it is the venue that has the most visibility at present.

Second, it is a given that this public a venue is equally a least-ideal platform to air complaints about one another, it nonetheless needs to be stated at some location to the point where it would see resolution on the aggrieved matter or matters.

Finally, a growing number of persons have a declining belief in the ability for those with coronet-and-bracer to lead, if for no other reason than the absence of communication. While we may see the words of one Dominus or another here, a pair of Equitem there, the words are often of criticising of one another or punishment of parties. We rarely witness the leadership we are expected to receive from you. Direction and dissemination of information to those to which you are responsible. For many of the Domini and Equitem alike, we have heard near nothing.

While you may have your house's buy-in for leadership, you need to gain and maintain the following of those within your house. This is equally necessary of the Magistrate, whose words I have most often heard as criticism of the Domini or Equitem, as well. Each of you is expected to lead from your myriad points of view, and support one another with those balances of foci each of you maintain. Regardless of what has happened to the Ceriopolis before, we as a community will rise or fall by those whose leadership we have and the guidance they provide.

If you feel that you cannot fulfil the oaths or agreements you have already made, you have a road with two paths before you. Either find a way to fulfil them, or find a way to sever them. You are doing yourself and others a disservice by holding a role that you will not meet the expectations of.

I would request that each of you look to your house, your oaths, and your own personal conduct on how to perform what is expected of you -- both by your house and yourself -- for we will not endure without you being certain of your actions.

-Eli

It is my sincere hope that beginning a practice of town hall meetings, such as the one which will be held at noon on the Saturday of this upcoming gathering, will assist in furthering communication and understanding between the Dux Quorum and the Ceriopolitans. It will not solve all of our problems, but it will at least address them, in a forum where we can perhaps reach understanding, if not agreement.

Dominus Mortem Vellis Valeriana Tsalarioth

Equitem.

Thank you for making our conflict with each other so remarkably public.
You left us little option as you abandon any other attempts to discuss it. Even now you refuse to answer our questions.

You are so terribly obsessed with having the perceived failings of others raked over the coals in order to assuage your need for "Justice."

It has nothing to do with the failings of others, we all fail or succeed together, you act as if our "obsession" with seeing justice done and chaos magic purged from the land is a bad trait to have.

Your need is so great that you will continue and continue to push this no matter the cost to order.

Yup, perhaps you should look at my houses aspect. Also you refuse to engage us or answer us in private. Your actions lead to this. While I realize you will keep avoiding answering questions and shift your attack to personal against us rather then stick to the issues. And then claim victim status when we come back after you. We will keep asking until you give us an answer.

Move on. Time will not stop simply because you cannot accept what has occurred.

Why should we accept miscarriages of justice or secret laws? Also if my understanding of the unwritten law of trials is right. All we have to do is get one domini to change their vote for a trial at any time in the future and we can move forward.

We will continue to have more issues to deal with.

This is no reason to accept failings of the current time.

If you dislike it, fine. Get a mead, a private room for the group of you, and spend an evening complaining as to how terribly we've failed you.

This is your problem and why you find no friends among the equitem, regularly you talk down to us. You have openly stated you believe we are beneath you and you don't have to give us reasons for anything the domini do. Well we disagree.

While you do that, I, for one, am going to try to focus on dealing with everything else that comes up.

This is simply a dodge and avoidance, hardly the first or last from you I suspect.

Surely there's a more productive way for you to use your time and energy. I suggest you find it.

-Zeth

More condescending tone and talk from you. Perhaps the view is just different from the ground. You should come down here and join the rest of us, Domini Zeth.

I guess we can just ask our questions at the town hall publicly to try and get an answer. Is that what you prefer? You know the Townhall that the equitem only learned about today in the public announcement?

-Tantarus

It would be preferred for the Equitam to stand beside the Dominei and before the Ceriopolitans, as is appropriate for the burden we all share. It was requested that each Dominus who has an Equitem speak to them about standing with us at the meeting. I was somewhat remiss in contacting mine, and it would seem I was not alone. If you are offended by the suggestion, you do not need to take your place beside the others who serve the city.

The Town hall topic aside. You do understand how that comes off that none of the equitem I have talked to even knew about this meeting in advance? That combined with Zeth regularly talking down to us does not help the situation. Also there is something ironic in having a meeting to be more open about things with the public, listing the equitem as part of the group hosting the event. And the equitem not even knowing about it?

-Tantarus

Chaus Equitam,

The meeting was my idea. I had intended to speak to Ignis Equitam and Aqua Equitam, whose Dominei will not be present, beforehand, as well as Mortem Equitam, but planning for the other duties of my house seem to have sidetracked me. I had hoped the Dominei would speak to their several Equitem as well, but perhaps they were waiting for the evening of the gathering to bring it up. It was originally meant to be a presentation and conversation with the Dominei and the Magistrate. The addition of the Equitem was something of a late-hour decision. How much notice will you require in the future for this sort of event? It was my intention for them to be a regular occurrence.

Anything Greater then Zero would be an improvement.

A presentation and conversation with the domini and magistrate sounds great to me. I look forward to learning about things such The disposition of Flynt, the current laws of the ceriopolis and their text, how trials are brought forth, How long after a vote can a domini change their vote and have it retroactively have an effect, The Ceriopolis and its boundaries and when they apply to law enforcement and when they don't, The equitem's roll in government as relating to judging and other things, how the domini plan to fix the "luck" factor when it comes to trials, crimes and punishments.

I assume they will be answered and not dodged as they have in this discussion and others like it? Such as Zeth's last comments where he went on the attack against the equitem and yet again avoided answering direct questions. I suspect this tactic will go over poorly as it does here if used in the general town meeting.

-Tantarus

Chaus Equitam,

I have every intention of addressing every concern as straightforwardly as possible. Many of our problems stem from a disconnect of communication—there are disagreements and issues that we are simply not aware of. Skirting around a subject will not help that, unless facing it head-on will do more harm than good.

I approve and agree. I look forward to this event and clearing the air about many looming topics.

-Tantarus

Back