Site Ammenities

Pantzike

Scout
First I would like to thank you for quickly addressing the cost question by posting prices on your website. (Love the background image)

Now I have a few questions concerning site:

Seeing as both your sites are listed as campsites there are a few questions concerning amenities I have:

First, what will the sleeping arrangements be like? Bring our own tents? Or will there be tents for us to sleep in... or cabins... and if there are cabins, how big will they be? If there is limited cabin space, how will reservations be done?

Also, you mentioned comfy beds... since comfy varies from person to person... it would be nice to know if it will be a cot... a bed with a mattress... or anything in between so people can know what supplies they need to bring.

Also... what amenities will be available at each of the sites? Flush toilets, porta poties, bath houses, in cabin showers... once again, knowing what to expect ahead of time makes things easier.

Also, electrical availability should also be mentioned, and rules for what can be brought. Some teams bring mini microwaves, and coffee machines for ease of snacking... will these sites be condusive to that.

I understand the want to keep many of the specifics of the sites FOIG, however, there is some basic knowledge that needs to be shared so people can know what to bring.

Thanks,
Craig Fiske

Toilets? Showers?

You kids have lost the Hardcore that made you NH players. ;)

Shane said:
Toilets? Showers?

Read my thoughts exactly! Rofl.

well let's just say that ....showers and toilets are a necessity for those of us who play a mideival/fantasy roleplay to be all that IT CAN"T be as well as being all that WE CAN"T be! ehheheheheheh i'm SO NOT hardcore...is it cabins and stuff like at caldaria? or yeah...tents...if a tent is needed my hubby and i are gonna have to invest quickly here! heheheheh

Shane said:
Toilets? Showers?

Some have easily forsaken the old ways.

i never was old days...::SNIFFLE:: heheheheh I just can't do the military thing...you guys get many kudos from me for being able to do it...I mean if the world comes to screetching halt and we all have to live like in olden days i'll come find ya!

Rika said:
Shane said:
Toilets? Showers?

This coming from the girl who whines if she goes too long without Grasshopper :lol:

Rika said:
Shane said:
Toilets? Showers?

Then they have become weak, and will be much more easily destroyed. Mwahaha.

Ah well. The player base being pansy-free was fun while it lasted!

::is a pretty pink pansy!!!!:::

As stated in my previous post, I believe under "locations", we will be posting amenities soon. I plan to do a thorough walk at the site this weekend barring any major obsticles.

We are fully aware of what needs to be done in order keep as many people happy as possible, (myself included as I will be PCing).

Please do not fret. Details will be coming soon.

Thanks all,

~Jaimi

PS: yeah, let's all try to remember the joys of a line at 2 porta potties and cold hard sleeping grounds. Don't you all remember how much more fun that was than being coddled in your cabin with a microwave and coffee pot, mattress and heat? LOL.

Some of us remember the joys of sleeping on the dirtiest floor in the continental United States for three hours per night so that we could stay up late to entertain the night owls and get up at 7:AM to viciously punish the early birds for being so damn perky just because they went to bed at 12:Sissy AM.

-Dan "The Couch Told Me to Swing Death All Day" Beshers

I have one thing to say...

Mhmmmm...

The couch was evil, very, very evil.

Singularily responsible for more deaths than power outages, JP Death Mods, and Shane eating bean burritos, rivalled only by Dan's bad hair days.

Those were the days (and nights).

I slept on that couch once.

After that, I slept crunched up in Hernando's pick up truck and it was STILL better than sleeping in NPC camp at six in the morning. :p

Jaimi,

Thanks for addressing Craig's questions.

Craig,

Since you were the first to mention the dreadful "A" word, and have therefore forgotten your NH roots (as Shane has pointed out), you are now being offered the "The Syraandor Roots" reward. You will be rewarded 50 gobbies is you can find, and sleep in, the most uncomfortable, dirty, coldest part of the camp site, for the whole weekend. Are you in?

Gary

PS. Descriptions are coming.

Deadlands said:
Jaimi,

Thanks for addressing Craig's questions.

Craig,

Since you were the first to mention the dreadful "A" word, and have therefore forgotten your NH roots (as Shane has pointed out), you are now being offered the "The Syraandor Roots" reward. You will be rewarded 50 gobbies is you can find, and sleep in, the most uncomfortable, dirty, coldest part of the camp site, for the whole weekend. Are you in?

Gary

PS. Descriptions are coming.

I'm probably,in but it will have to be more then 50 gobbies only because the unwritten part of being hardcore in NH is that I usually go home sick. This is fine in college, but now it puts job attendence and income at risk. That and my wife makes me hear about it until the next event.... that risk alone makes it worth much more than 50 gobbies.

Also, I brought up the A word for 2 reasons. 1) Yes I still enjoy a good camping trip... I'm just figuring out how much of my actual camping equipment I need to take out of the attic (It gets cold in NH in April... with the winter you're having I will need extra blankets.. even more if I'm sleeping in some form of a tent). 2) For people who aren't in the old NH player base who may want to come.

If bringing this up first means I've lost my way... i'll accept it. Late night heated victory sammy's and warm drinks may not be hardcore Nero... but they are certainly the way I like to play Alliance... I can play either game... but seriously... the choice of Hot Grilled Ham and Cheese from your team... or nothing.... isn't that hard for me :D

And I won't know if that can happen unless I ask. (And knowing is half the battle)

Time to go to work.

I hope to see everybody who has heckled me here at at the first game in April.

=GI JOE is a pansy like me...Cobra knows how to hardcore it...thats why we're the good guys...::covers her Cobra badge::: uhh so anyways yeah!
=uhh I've been to Bear Brook for a church cookout a few years ago I gotta say YAY!!! so stinkin' beautiful.
=medieval tents on ebay are $535 13' diameter and over 6' tall! I know thats pricey but think of it as an investment.
=But I would suggest waiting until hard-jaimi-core goes and checks it out and tells us what its like after this weekend. then when she says "oh its really nice and cushy and no problems" bring extra blankets cause she's......hard core ......I mean really!!!
=As for getting sick every time you play...JEEPERS MAN!! that stinks...echinacea it up!! Vitamin C baby!!! both of which you can't OD on....::hands craig some kleenex::
=I'm just really excited that our first event is only 51 days away...WOOOT WOOT....
=making weapons this saturday at marks! everyone come play! we have to test them out on each other ya know!! as I once heard someone say:
person: "does this pass?"
weapons checker: ::WHACK ON PERSON'S HEAD::: "did that hurt?"
person: -not wanting to admit it hurt- "uhh no."
weapons checker: "then it passes"
(p.s. this is a joke people)

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
=As for getting sick every time you play...JEEPERS MAN!! that stinks...echinacea it up!! Vitamin C baby!!! both of which you can't OD on....::hands craig some kleenex::

Just the cold events.... or wet ones. Everybody remember Memorial Day 2003, when it was in the upper 30's during the night... or the snowball fights we would have early in the morning while the plot team was still sleeping? Those were the days.

Yeah... cold and wet + staying up all night = I get sick...

Pantzike said:
Just the cold events.... or wet ones. Everybody remember Memorial Day 2003, when it was in the upper 30's during the night... or the snowball fights we would have early in the morning while the plot team was still sleeping? Those were the days.

I remember there were Syraandor events (though not May 03 because I missed that one) where I swear I was shivering the entire damn weekend, soaked to the bone, teeth chattering, and damnit, I had a damn good time anyway.

Even if I did feel like death when I got in the apartment door and my carpeted floor looked perfectly good for passing out on because the bed was far away, I was tired, and had class in the morning....

upper 30s?? sounds gorgeous!!! for those of us with extra insulation it sounds divine....now if it gets to the teens...I may get chilly and put on a heavy cloak...its the summer ones i'm more afraid of....over 70 and no electricity for my fans....DEAR LORD HELP US!!! i may have to sleep in the car with the AC going hehehh

Hey all!

Anyone remember that mid-winter faire day when the snow drifts were up to our waists? I think that's the most snow I've ever set foot in. I'll never forget tramping through it beside Garuda, screaming bloody murder across the field to Tova for her lantern. Turns out, she lost it in that crazy-deep snow. (We thought we needed it to figure out which of the half-dozen bottles in my hands belonged to a lich. Said lich (played by Dan) kept popping out and beating on Sudupta until Garuda could fend him off... )

When I think of the Syraandor site at it's least habitable, I think of that night.

Never did find that lantern.

- Kelly

Back