Site Ammenities

Sudupta said:
Never did find that lantern.

The old site ate things. I think the Rack consumed anything we left between events.... or maybe the chipmunks....

I hadn't started playing yet for that faire day, but I was at the one the next year- where in the 12 hour window we played, there was sleet, snow, rain, hale, and freezing rain that wasn't quite sleet. It was lovely and frozen and yet somehow I was sad to never play a winter faire day again.

I'm from CA, so I do not know these things called, "Snow, sleet, hail, and freezing rain".

Are these things cold?
Occasionally the sky opens up and water falls, but that is it for us.

:D

well...over here in our playground the sky turns a pale gray and there is no longer sun, nor moon, nor clouds, nor stars...just the unending gray of soundless atmosphere. sometimes when we're very naughty the water that comes to the ground will harden into small frozen balls that are white and can increase in size up to the size of an egg, although I've never seen it bigger than a silver coin. other times the water comes from the sky in small tiny pellets of ice that scatter across the ground and are almost impossible to walk on. other times the water remains liquid but the ground is so cold that whatever the water touches it freezes and becomes a thick coating of ice over whaterver it lands on (this is very pretty although a pain the butt to scrape off the car windows). Other times it slushes or sleets this is when the rain and snow and ice fall simultaneously and become like a Slurpee (yay 7-11) on the ground. Then there is snow. There is what I like to refer to as styrofoam snow which is wee little white pellets that look like.....styrofoam. there is big Charlie Brown snow big clumps of flakes that can blind you should you get one in the eye. there is normal little snow pretty little flakes that if they land you can actually see the stereotypical snowflake. So come visit from california and enjoy the playground of the hardcore players! :D

Pantzike said:
[
If bringing this up first means I've lost my way... i'll accept it. Late night heated victory sammy's and warm drinks may not be hardcore Nero... but they are certainly the way I like to play Alliance... I can play either game... but seriously... the choice of Hot Grilled Ham and Cheese from your team... or nothing.... isn't that hard for me :D

Don't forget the Hot Chili, Beef Stew, Cookies and Triscuts with Spray Cheese. That my friends is only way to get the most out of a weekend.

-John W.

Hammerfist said:
Don't forget the Hot Chili, Beef Stew, Cookies and Triscuts with Spray Cheese. That my friends is only way to get the most out of a weekend.

Ah yes, more reasons to enjoy playing the thane's daughter.... the Phalanx feeds me when I'm in game...

hot chilli and beef stew? canned cheese??? i can only imagine what their cabin smells like...and i'm not talking about the food cooking either! heheheheh

Snow, cold and being wet is fine for me only if I got a warm place to sleep!!! That might sound like a pansey but I'm all for not being sick when I go back to the mondane world. As far as anything from a can yuck...spit it out because you don't know where it's been.

Rothsphere said:
As far as anything from a can yuck...spit it out because you don't know where it's been.

Uhmmm... its been in a can... ;-)

Alor said:
Rika said:
Shane said:
Toilets? Showers?

You kids have lost the Hardcore that made you NH players. ;)

Some have easily forsaken the old ways.

This coming from the girl who whines if she goes too long without Grasshopper :lol:

Hey, hey- one can enjoy good, quality, vegetarian Chinese food as well as be able enjoy more, um, rustic scenarios!

I think what he's trying to say is that before it was in a can it was on a factory floor with other little ...items...never mind him anyways I ate out of a can every day of my life until I met him. he's just got some weird ideas about it being healthier to eat fresh food and vegetables that were once in a garden and farm grown instead of being grown in a laboratory and put into a can...go figure! HEHEHEHEHEH

Jena "spam is the food of the gods" Lawson

A few points:

1) Nobody gets more hardcore points for sleeping than Tab, who slept on a goddamn hammock in the middle of the woods. I can't figure out why we never once killed him for it.

2) A few people deserve hardcore honorable mention for taking crippling injuries and continuing to play. Ed had his leg literally ripped open on a mod while he was playing a fire ant. -Shane: "Hold!" -Ed "What?" -Shane: "I can see your muscle." -Dee, Stacey, Melissa: "Oh, eww, eww!" -Ed: "Should I go to the hospital or finish the mod?" -Dee "EWWWWW!" Ed got 11 stitches and came back to finish the event. Matt Cammarata received a severe leg injury that could have required amputation. He, too, expressed he was fine and wanted to finish the mod he was on. Steve. Steve is responsible for "HOLD!" "Lay on..." "Are you sure you're okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine he just stepped on my throat."

3) Don't steal my nicknames. That's my thing.

-Dan "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Petty" Beshers

HAAAAA!!! TOO FUNNY. Dis is why we love you!

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
1) Nobody gets more hardcore points for sleeping than Tab, who slept on a goddamn hammock in the middle of the woods. I can't figure out why we never once killed him for it.

Probably because that WAS hardcore and awesome.

Excuse me, I don't believe I had time for a second "EWWWWW", as I was sprinting for Gary as EMT by then :roll:

I will not steal your nicknames. I have my own, as roller derby queen Deevious von Doom :twisted:

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
A few points:

2) A few people deserve hardcore honorable mention for taking crippling injuries and continuing to play. Ed had his leg literally ripped open on a mod while he was playing a fire ant. -Shane: "Hold!" -Ed "What?" -Shane: "I can see your muscle." -Dee, Stacey, Melissa: "Oh, eww, eww!" -Ed: "Should I go to the hospital or finish the mod?" -Dee "EWWWWW!" Ed got 11 stitches and came back to finish the event. Matt Cammarata received a severe leg injury that could have required amputation. He, too, expressed he was fine and wanted to finish the mod he was on. Steve. Steve is responsible for "HOLD!" "Lay on..." "Are you sure you're okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine he just stepped on my throat."

3) Don't steal my nicknames. That's my thing.

-Dan "Revenge is a Dish Best Served Petty" Beshers

Ok children don't make me get the sleep packets out lol!!! If we are all chosing nicknames can I be Ugly Bear or Grumpy MicOld Guy Lol!!!! Sorry Dan couldn't help it. : As an dragon breath barely misses: Lol

youthculture said:
I slept on that couch once.

After that, I slept crunched up in Hernando's pick up truck and it was STILL better than sleeping in NPC camp at six in the morning. :p

That truck was so comfortable. Usually better than wherever the tent I was staying in was set up. I miss that truck.

Back