Skyrim, anyone?

Is anyone playing Skyrim? I don't have much free time these days, but boy, is that game awesome.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Everyone is playing Skyrim. If you had a facebook, you could talk about it with all the cool kids. ;)

What is this "Skyrim" you speak of?

Eric,
Its sincerely a great game. Very cinematic. great story. plus you can punch dragons to death. (Fists of steel perk).

Yeah, I've got the game and am playing a little. I don't have much free time these days, but it's an awesome game.

Roll call! Tell me about your character!

My character is named Ivan (of course) and he is "sword and board" (of course) with Heavy Armor. But he also has strong Sneak and Archery skills.

Tell me about your characters!!!

Terin is a Redguard. I made him that because in previous Elder Scrolls games they got all sorts of advantages for skills. Then I found out the only advantage I get now is Resist Poison (not bad) but I might have decided differently otherwise.

He's a good guy, but I've put most of my efforts into archery and sneak, a wonderful combination. Sword and board otherwise. And shout.

He refused to join the Thieves Guild and killed the leader of the Assassin's Guild.

It can be a problem sometimes, because I won't kill someone if I don't know if they're bad, so many times I'll walk up to a cave and then get attacked because I'm trying to be friendly and then these bandits don't want me around. I teach them a lesson in manners, though.

Next time I play this, I'll create a bad guy character so I can get all those quests I've missed.

About 30th level or so; in the main quest, I just finished talking to the big dragon on top of the mountain.

My character is named (gasp) Grim. Hes a nord with a sweet beard. I spent like an hour jn his face never to see to see it again. Im a heavy plate wearer doing one handed and casting with the other. I have a pet demon dog.. I was a werewolf but got better. I have a sweet house and Im a thane in a few places. You know no big deal. I can solo most dragons and dragon priests. I jist got a sweet mask the covers my beard i never see. But i can breath underwayer and i look like a batman villian. i have a habit of spending hours on alchemy and eating random stuff to get a buzz. i also have an affinity for sidekicks with awesome bows and two weapons (i call him khorwyn). Ya know typical day being a bad *** living god.

<<< It can be a problem sometimes, because I won't kill someone if I don't know if they're bad, so many times I'll walk up to a cave and then get attacked because I'm trying to be friendly and then these bandits don't want me around. I teach them a lesson in manners, though. >>>

I do the same thing. When I approach an old ruin and see someone on the wall, I am pretty sure it's a bandit lair. But I can't bring myself to just shoot them down. I have to make sure that they're bad guys.

I also refused to join the Thieves' Guild because (*spoiler*) the initial task involves framing some poor merchant. I spoke to the merchant and he seemed like such a nice Argonian, so I felt bad and refused the do the quest.

Has anyone done the Forsworn quests in Markarth? (*spoiler*) The whole damn city is corrupt!

Like MIke, I'll play an evil character the second time around so I can do all the evil quests. Right now my kids are watching me play and I have to set a good example!

Eric you can get caught in the opening thieves guild quest and they still let you in. just stand up when you lockpick the case. you pay a fine but still get in

True, but if he didn't like setting up the merchant he's REALLY not going to like what he has to do once he gets to their base.

Toddo said:
True, but if he didn't like setting up the merchant he's REALLY not going to like what he has to do once he gets to their base.

The assassin's guild is so much cleaner. No silly setups. Just murder.

I'm actually disappointed with the Dark Brotherhood this time around, they were WAY funnier in Oblivion.

I've actually got two characters at the moment. I'm only actively playing the mage.

T'Loache (I almost always name my RPG characters after flowers) is a Khajiit who really just wants to live a good life. Lots of money, lots of houses... Lots of people doing what she says. She's a level 25 Rogues that's only killed 2 dragons. She's sided with the imperials in the war because a nice stable economy means more stuff she gets to steal. She's, at this point, the head of the thieves guild. The only skill I've got above 20 in any of the non "thief" skills is Archery. My sneak hit 100 just before I rolled out the new toon. By the time I started the second character I could walk though an entire dungeon without fighting anything, as long as I didn't have a mandatory follower... If I had a mandatory follower, then Sam and Liz got to spend the evening listening to me cursing them over and over and over again.

Jadis (named after the Witch) is a Nord Frost Mage. She's level 27 and hasn't even killed the first dragon yet (I'm really good at avoiding the main plot in sandbox games). She's got a pretty heavy focus in Conjuration and Destruction. I spent a long while upping my Speech, because it seemed fitting. I just lost Sven to Morokei in Labyrinthian. Man was that boy carrying a lot of stuff.

No, I'm not playing a 2-handed Orc named Noot... though now it's tempting. I'd just get frustrated to no end that there wasn't a dialogue option for "I am Noot."

Back