Sound Off! Who's coming to the April event??!?

A tent would be good just for privacy. NPC camp and the NPC sleeping area share the same 2000 or so square feet of area and some of us plot folks are maniacs who like to stay up till dawn and have odd conversations with anyone in visual range. Best to stay out of sight. :p
-toddo
Plot Maniac #27

Some folks put up small tents inside NPC camp for some privacy and the cover over you will also help to retain a small amount of body heat and warm you up some. It's indoors, but the building isn't heated.

Toddo said:
A tent would be good just for privacy. NPC camp and the NPC sleeping area share the same 2000 or so square feet of area and some of us plot folks are maniacs who like to stay up till dawn and have odd conversations with anyone in visual range. Best to stay out of sight. :p
-toddo
Plot Maniac #27

Heh, yeah, I know all about plot maniacs. :lol: I'm guessing the floor of the building is earth and not a floor then? If it is a floor, then how do you all set up tents in there? I do in fact have a smallish tent in my possession, so I might bring that with me...I just hope it isn't too big for the space, it's not one of those 18x18 monsters but it's also not a tiny 6x5, I don't remember the exact dimensions though. It's definitely a one-person tent though.

So yeah, it's looking like I will in fact be NPCing, though I won't get there until Saturday late morning (like 11 or 12 I think). Is there anyone I should email to let them know? Or did I just do that? ;)

Trent

You just did. :p

The Barn floor is wood, if your tent requires being staked to remain upright you'll probably have issues. Most modern tents don't require staking except to ensure that they don't blow away. (Most of the time...) If you have an in-period tent (or don't want to sleep in NPC camp) there is a large field near the parking lot where you can set up.
-toddo
Newbie Friend #43

Trent,

I don't think you're getting an idea of how large the NPC area is. The main building at the site is a *huge* multi-floor barn (around 7,000 squre feet) and the NPC area is probably around 2,000 square feet of open space. There is a floor and everything, but it is not heated, so bringing your tent gives you privacy and allows you to retain some heat at night. There is generally plenty of space.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Toddo said:
You just did. :p

The Barn floor is wood, if your tent requires being staked to remain upright you'll probably have issues. Most modern tents don't require staking except to ensure that they don't blow away. (Most of the time...) If you have an in-period tent (or don't want to sleep in NPC camp) there is a large field near the parking lot where you can set up.
-toddo
Newbie Friend #43

It's a modern tent, it's one of those small "backpacking" types i think. Honestly I have to look at it more when I get home, hopefully it won't require the stakes to hold itself up...and my mattress and stuff should hold it down anyway I think.

Trent

IvanDrake said:
Trent,

I don't think you're getting an idea of how large the NPC area is. The main building at the site is a *huge* multi-floor barn (around 7,000 squre feet) and the NPC area is probably around 2,000 square feet of open space. There is a floor and everything, but it is not heated, so bringing your tent gives you privacy and allows you to retain some heat at night. There is generally plenty of space.

Wow. :shock: Heh, yeah I guess it should be okay then. I'm guessing the rest of it is for the tavern and whatnot?

Trent

<<< Wow. Heh, yeah I guess it should be okay then. I'm guessing the rest of it is for the tavern and whatnot? >>>

Yeah, the tavern, kitchen and Common Room (lodging for PCs) take up some of the space on the top floor. The bottom level has the shower room and a huge area that we are making into an indoor dungeon / module area.

when thinking of the NPC area think half a aircraft hanger!
its about as high so the taller the tent the better but half as wide but thats still LARGE!
one tent is set up and it looks small in such a large area!

I was totaly impressed with the Barn its larger then most barns you would think of I would say x2 longer!
its seperated into 3 sections the NPC area on the far leftis GINORMUS!
the center room is small about 8ft by 15ft??? guessing
the Tavern area is on the right at ruff count had 24 or so chairs 4 tables when I was there and a bar its the second largest room and very big
off the tavern is a kitchen about 15 x 15 guessing with a smaller room off that that I didnt go in so havent a clue
also off the kitchen is the healers room an 8ft by 8ft guessing sized room with nice decorations and places to sit
below the barn is a very large dungeon it was once cow hosuing so think room for 40 or so cows side by side (or 30 orcs)

anyway its a big place

FW

The center room is way bigger than 8x15. Maybe it only looks that small compared to the NPC area. I think it's about 30 feet across and it's over 16 feet wide (I know this because I couldn't find a beam long enough to go across it in our wood).

We also put an actual light in the common room. No more Christmas lights.

Scott

Sunnfire said:
I will be NPCing the event.

I may be bringing additional NPC firepower.

Mike Strauss should be weeping by now.
YOU KNOW AS AN OWNER you might want to pre reg as an npc...
make the npc list on the pre reg thread not look so pitiful....

Just saying...

:D

AllianceNJ said:
Sunnfire said:
I will be NPCing the event.

I may be bringing additional NPC firepower.

Mike Strauss should be weeping by now.
YOU KNOW AS AN OWNER you might want to pre reg as an npc...
make the npc list on the pre reg thread not look so pitiful....

Just saying...

:D

Only weeping a little bit. I can't cry too much. It makes the monster cards tear.

-MS

Actually, some things have come up (namely needing to come up with a security deposit for the apartment me and my GF are moving in to in a few months, far earlier than we had thought), so sadly I won't be making it this weekend. :( But I am DEFINITELY making it up at some point, for Ashbury or NJ or something...hopefully this spring or summer. Hope the event goes well!

Trent

TrentD said:
Actually, some things have come up (namely needing to come up with a security deposit for the apartment me and my GF are moving in to in a few months, far earlier than we had thought), so sadly I won't be making it this weekend. :( But I am DEFINITELY making it up at some point, for Ashbury or NJ or something...hopefully this spring or summer. Hope the event goes well!

Trent

It is a good thing I am done with all the printing, because I swear I am going to cry now. Come back to me, my NPCs! Come back!!!!!!

-MS

Back