Spells and Levels

"Healed to full by X" already exists in the game, so I don't understand the objection on those grounds.

It exists in limited ways, not for the general population, and the only heal to full given to PCs right now is via golem, which comes with a balancing effect (if the thing you're fighting has more eviscerates and 190 slays than you have dodges and magic armors, you're rezzing).

If the PCs have it, so do the NPCs. Think of the most outrageously hard to kill monster you've ever seen. Now imagine it with a source of full heals if it has a spell column, dominates, charms, or minions. Statting becomes a nightmare.

phedre said:
It exists in limited ways, not for the general population, and the only heal to full given to PCs right now is via golem, which comes with a balancing effect (if the thing you're fighting has more eviscerates and 190 slays than you have dodges and magic armors, you're rezzing).

If the PCs have it, so do the NPCs. Think of the most outrageously hard to kill monster you've ever seen. Now imagine it with a source of full heals if it has a spell column, dominates, charms, or minions. Statting becomes a nightmare.

Let them have there full heals like the PC's would. Just don't give them the immunity to Eviscerate and ever other "have a nice day" skill.

Even if they didn't do that I would still take a full heal option and have it available to Npcs as well. It is well worth the trade off.

How would that lead to a more enjoyable combat?

I can't see a 100% heal being a positive change.

To clarify something.

Is it true that say you ended a weekend event with 1body, then the next weekend event you'd also start with 1 body, instead of full?

I've heard this is the case, if so, is it enforced or mentioned to the PCs enough? I only found out about this after a year of playing, if it's true. If it is true I would suggest each new event you'd start back with full. I mean, in reality, would you really be walking around sickened, weakened for a full month at 1 body between events? Sounds like a horrible way to spend downtime :D

-Ryan

Darkcrescent said:
To clarify something.

Is it true that say you ended a weekend event with 1body, then the next weekend event you'd also start with 1 body, instead of full?

I've heard this is the case, if so, is it enforced or mentioned to the PCs enough? I only found out about this after a year of playing, if it's true. If it is true I would suggest each new event you'd start back with full. I mean, in reality, would you really be walking around sickened, weakened for a full month at 1 body between events? Sounds like a horrible way to spend downtime :D

-Ryan

Sure, but I could use the same argument for "Why can't I, and my IG brothers, come into every event with a full set of protective spells?"...which admittedly is an argument I've been wanting to make. :funny:

Actually,
Draven said:
Sure, but I could use the same argument for "Why can't I, and my IG brothers, come into every event with a full set of protective spells?"...which admittedly is an argument I've been wanting to make.

Actually....if I've also heard correctly, any previous buffs you had at the end of an event carry over as well, if they don't have a set duration.

Example: Still have that Reflect Magic on you or Elemental shield at the end of event 1; then you'd still have it at the beginning of event 2.

Can we get clarification on this as well? Body and/or protectives carry over to the next event?

Thanks,

Body re-sets to full at the beginning of every event. It is assumed that your character would at least be able to rest and heal up.

Protectives carry over from event to event as it is assumed that either you don't get hit with anything that sets them off (since you can't 'play' between events) or either if you did use them you re-cast them or had them re-cast on you for whatever reason.

Bottom line protectives carry over, body gets re-set. (Kind of best case for the PC)

It is worth remember though that something like Greater Command affects DO NOT reset between events. So if you are dealing with a Euphoria issue... well you are going to have to keep dealing with it. ;)

Thanks for the clarification David. Good to know.

Darkcrescent said:
Actually,
Draven said:
Sure, but I could use the same argument for "Why can't I, and my IG brothers, come into every event with a full set of protective spells?"...which admittedly is an argument I've been wanting to make.

Actually....if I've also heard correctly, any previous buffs you had at the end of an event carry over as well, if they don't have a set duration.

Example: Still have that Reflect Magic on you or Elemental shield at the end of event 1; then you'd still have it at the beginning of event 2.

Can we get clarification on this as well? Body and/or protectives carry over to the next event?

Thanks,

Sorry, I misrepresented what I meant. I'm an Earth caster, so I meant casting between events, haha.

Gilwing said:
phedre said:

Let them have there full heals like the PC's would. Just don't give them the immunity to Eviscerate and ever other "have a nice day" skill.

Even if they didn't do that I would still take a full heal option and have it available to Npcs as well. It is well worth the trade off.

That's why I want Eviscerate and Terminate to have a (very high) number value, and skip the full heal spell.

You really wanted Skylar to have access to either 20 or 5 full heal spells? That bastard was hard enough to kill in the first place. Imagine if the Baroness from NH went evil or one of the Shadow Dragons from Caldaria had full-heal options that you couldn't take away? I'll be in my circle in my ward in a ward in a circle in a circle, under the bed. Thanks. NPCs already have a full heal option, it's called revive and renew.

This is a total threadjack though, and should probably either be another thread of split off if we want to continue :thumbsup:

Dreamingfurther said:
Body re-sets to full at the beginning of every event. It is assumed that your character would at least be able to rest and heal up.

Protectives carry over from event to event as it is assumed that either you don't get hit with anything that sets them off (since you can't 'play' between events) or either if you did use them you re-cast them or had them re-cast on you for whatever reason.

Bottom line protectives carry over, body gets re-set. (Kind of best case for the PC)

It is worth remember though that something like Greater Command affects DO NOT reset between events. So if you are dealing with a Euphoria issue... well you are going to have to keep dealing with it. ;)

They don't reset, but durations tick down. If you take a Love 9 at 11:pM Friday, it will expire at 11:pM on Wednesday, regardless of when the event ends. Euphoria, as a "special" note, does not follow this general rule: you do not lose maximum body if you are not at an event.

Back