Stone Elfs

Hey I am curious how many stone elves there are out there? I assume few and far between since their intense racial RP requirement.

I also just had a question about costume. I have reasonably mid long hair and it fully covers my ears. If I was very clearly painted white and had my ears covered could I get away without the elf ears? (not a big fan of prosthetics)

Also the big reason I am considering Stone Elf is because I LOVE celestial magic so much. And it looked like they would get some potential plot and cool stuff with their mind abilities like Biata have without that silly dislike of Celestial magic...

P.S. Otherwise I'm totally DE for life...

Unfortunately Elf ears are required for Elves (you can usually get away with it for a session or two as a newer player) they show far more then you'd think at first. As for current player count of Stone Elves, we had one in MN last year, and there is one in Chicago, so they arn't unheard of.

As has alreay been said you must have the ears. Even with long hair the wind could blow and expose your ears and pointed ears would need to be visible at that point.

As for HQ, we have 3 regular Stone Elves, including myself. The three of us all showed up in May last year at an event set in the Barbarian homelands. Only 2 of us are Celestial casters but our lack of emotions paired with the overly emotional Barbarians made for some interesting roleplay. Not to mention the fact that I got race-changed to a Barbarian as part of a (plot ceated) ritual backlash!

---Mike E.

Sound off! I play one of the stone elf celestial caster's Mike mentioned. There is another Stone Elf in NJ, I believe, by the name of Symerille Strongbow. I've only seen him IG once, though.

Stone elves are awesome! They're my gypsy's favorite race because they seem to take everything in their stride. She just thinks they're the coolest! But I no way have the mental discipline that it takes to play one! All the power to y'all! :D

There are two SE's in Ohio as well...
we try to keep the population low by allowing selective hunting
Permits available upon request.

Could I sign up? I'd even pay to travel!

haha thats awsome. I geus if you wore a hat that covered your head the way many DE's do that would remove the need for ears then? Anyhow if I were a Stone Elf I'd definately be a celestial scholar. Thats crazy you got race changed to a barbarian... wows got changed back I hope? =P

Any elf has to have ears on, regardless of what they are wearing on their heads. That includes dark elves.

I am guilty of doing the 'easy' makeup too now and again, but you should always be ready to appropriately rep your race.

Seattle's got 2 near-regular Stone Elves that come up from California fairly often.

Far as prosthetics go, I think they really can make-or-break the character. For my one and only character, I've gone as far as wig, ears, a few additional face pieces, base black, additional markings on top of all of that. Don't think I had a single area of bare skin other than the very ends of finger tips.

Oh, and the ears are required. Silly rule-things.

If you get really desperate, I'm sure we could jury rig some proper ears with clothesline pins and duct tape....

As an utterly silly aside.. weren't Spocks original ears peanut butter on cardboard? I'm talking first season of TOS, just something silly rather than duct tape. :lol:

Mieka

I play one on the occasion, and the wife was the stone elf in the last book...

By Scott

Good luck with that.

Lurin said:
Unfortunately Elf ears are required for Elves (you can usually get away with it for a session or two as a newer player) they show far more then you'd think at first. As for current player count of Stone Elves, we had one in MN last year, and there is one in Chicago, so they arn't unheard of.

I'm starting Alliance in April and I will be adding a second Stone Elf to the Chicago chapter, and I'll be a Cele caster. I have my ears bought just waiting on http://www.aradanicostumes.com/ to ship.

Tempest said:
I play one on the occasion, and the wife was the stone elf in the last book...

By Scott

Good luck with that.

didn't even think of you

Dreamingfurther said:
Hey I am curious how many stone elves there are out there?
There's only one, and his name is unpronouncable in your hyoo-mon tongue. He is a master of disguise and quick-change artist though, and has been traveling from chapter to chapter pretending to be the others of his race. His routine is down so pat that he has been known to imitate an entire crowd of Stone Elves, and actually lives in Peoria with his wife and two kids.

jpariury said:
Dreamingfurther said:
Hey I am curious how many stone elves there are out there?
There's only one, and his name is unpronouncable in your hyoo-mon tongue. He is a master of disguise and quick-change artist though, and has been traveling from chapter to chapter pretending to be the others of his race. His routine is down so pat that he has been known to imitate an entire crowd of Stone Elves, and actually lives in Peoria with his wife and two kids.

Alas, you have discovered "our" plot! Up, up, and away!

I played one with a NERO larp up in georgia, alas he was killed three times in one event and then dragged through a portal by rifting vampire barbarians. long story short his lifeless body was rifted back to a table in the tavern. It was very brutal and dramatic. :|

hey thats a fantastic site pyro thanks!

Back