The new Bulletin Board

I have posted a HELP WANTED to the Ubuntu Linux community outlining the need to convert a Web Wiz Forums version 7.6 database to phpBB for money (amount not specified) to see if we can get anyone who is interested (and capable) of making this change. Let's see if we can get some responses.

Simply put, I said that I know someone who is looking for the conversion to be done for an unspecified amount. We'll see what we see

Is there anyway to switch the avatar and poster information back to the left side..It being on the right side is messing with me.

Ondreij said:
I have posted a HELP WANTED to the Ubuntu Linux community outlining the need to convert a Web Wiz Forums version 7.6 database to phpBB for money (amount not specified) to see if we can get anyone who is interested (and capable) of making this change. Let's see if we can get some responses.

Simply put, I said that I know someone who is looking for the conversion to be done for an unspecified amount. We'll see what we see

I actually have a couple of players who are computer people working on this now -- obviously, I'd rather have our own people solve this if it can be solved!

Agahi said:
Is there anyway to switch the avatar and poster information back to the left side..It being on the right side is messing with me.

The black pearl one seems to switch it back around. So I suppose I answered myself.

Fearless Leader said:
I actually have a couple of players who are computer people working on this now -- obviously, I'd rather have our own people solve this if it can be solved!

Okay. I deleted that post over in Ubuntuland. Let us know if you strike out.

Saephis said:
Vandlar said:
Can somoene tell me how to sticky a post? I can only figure out how to lock, merge and move. I need to be able to sticky on the Ohio OOG boards.

Open the thread you want to do it to, there should be a drop down menu at the bottom with those options.

Sticky is not one of the options in the pull down menue.

Pull up the post that you want, and then apply glue to it. You only need to cover the subject section. But make sure you cant see any of the post through the glue. That will make it good and sticky.

Go to the FIRST POST of the thread you want to sticky.

Below the text of the post are options like Global, Sticky, etc. They are radio buttons. Select Sticky, hit submit.

Maybe im just missing it but I don't see that option. Is it something thats not available to section mods?

Does anyone else have problems with the login?
I usually can do it fine... but every so often it doesn't accept it or something and keeps me as "guest". And I keep checking the "keep me logged in" feature but about half the time I come to the site it loads my profile and half the time I have to re-login (and fight to not be "guest" lol).

I'm not seeing a pattern other than when I can't login i just close out of the window completely and try again (and sometimes again and again and again) until it works right... and if it can't restore it I delete the cookies for the boards and try again (though admittedly I'm not sure that does anything)

Is just me? I've never had a forum do this before ... it seems strange

Only problem I have with login, is that I check the auto log in thing, but I still have to relog in every time. I never had to relog on the old boards, dosent seem to work on these.

I'm having two issues with the new boards. First, both Stacey and I have been having issues loging in. We'll enter the appropriate information, hit [login], and will be shown the screen that says:

You have been successfully logged in.
Click this link to return to the previous page.

Then it logs us out.

This is annoying.

Also, has anyone figured out how to edit a post? I have not, and I'd like to, and this too is annoying.

Otherwise, new boards are good.

-Dan "QA" Beshers

You can edit (and delete) your own posts on certain boards.

Once you have posted something, up at the top of your post is a series of buttons. A little edit button, an X, a triangle with an ! in it, and a quote button.

These serve the appropriate purposes.

I'm fairly certian that the delete and edit buttons are disabled in the IG forums.

Are there edit and delete buttons on the regular board posts? Cause I haven't found them. =\

Back