The Rules of Adventuring.

50. Never start a fight with a farmer. What did you think experienced adventurers did when they retired?

Mobius said:
30. Never trust a hobling
Fixed.
dreapiratebill said:
46: (stolen from someones signature) 5 mins is shorter than you think, ten mins is longer.
I miss that one. I should add it back!

51: When summoning the great artifact meant to save the world, make sure you remember it's name.
52: Taking your boots off when you go to sleep is just asking for trouble.
53: Your enemy is probably as smart as you are.

add to 51: BEFORE you begin the ritual.

add to 54: and do so cursing your killer and the method used, as in "Damn you goblins and your alchemy *aachh*!"

Funny... I had 5 people forget #'s 1 2 and 3 all at once this past weekend.

Yes, I feel that 37/38 should be in the next revision of the rulebook. I mean the simple utterance of the words "Im bored" pretty much spell imminent doom if said with in ear shot of a plot/staff member.

57: Pickel Juice in not an acceptable substitute for Root Beer.
58: Never send 14 people to do the job of 6

59. If you aren't sure how big the bad guy is the pile of bodies at his feet should be s good measure.
60. If said pile is large don't attack said bad guy if you are a young adventurer.

61. NPC Nobles are bad news. If they come into town it is far more likely they are bringing news of horrific creatures approaching than coming in to distribute puppies to orphans.

62. Encountering explosive traps usually means that you brought too many people on the Module and plot is not pleased.

63. Greater Liches are almost always telling the truth when they say they are willing to help and never seem to understand why adventurers won't trust them.

64. High Orcs are far more likely to perform an armor refit than apply first aid if they find you bleeding out on the ground.

65. Biata are not chicken wylderkin, chicken wylderkin taste much more gamey.

66: There is nothing more disheartening than a High Orc Pantherghast

dreadpiratebill said:
66: There is nothing more disheartened than a High Orc Pantherghast

Fixed.

thx. Those poor poor patherghasts.

67. Always assume the bad guy has a spirit recall
68. If he calls "No Effect" hitting him harder will do the trick.
69. If someone says "Do you know who the f*** I am?" your either in a whole lot of trouble or not any at all.

71. "Don't worry these things tend to take care of themselves."
72. If you have to think about whether or not saying bad things about a monsters mother will get you killed... Don't.
73. There are only two kinds of necromancers. The kind that declares his necromantic powers and is hunted and killed.

Corollary to 72: If you tore the monsters arm off on the first hit he always has a mother, and his mother is always a mother.

75. If a monster invites you over, he probably wants to have you for dinner.
76. If someone says they're "doing it for your own good", run.

Back