This rule change is horrible

In this particular case, Necromancy is still "illegal" but legal if you're a sanctioned necromancer. However, when PCs are given "sanctioned necromancer" status, it gets dicey. Because it's legal for them to use necromancy, and supported, then for anyone to retaliate against them IG is met with IG issues and potential plot retaliation. There was a High Ogre player who because of this, and unable to deal with necromancers cannot play that character in said example. It's very frustrating, but it is what it is.

https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/laws-of-ravensong.38608/

Didn't mean to derail from original topic. Just meant to state how Corrupt "could" be used in ideal situations.

I'm hoping to build into the system of more often updates of the monster database. That's on the list of to-dos one we get the final 2.0 release.

Hooo boy. That's one to unpack, because I don't think any of us can make a good faith argument that this game has ever even tried to balance for PvP.

I didn't say balanced... I said fair. Everyone has access to the same skills, knows what they do, and knows how to counter them. And everyone knows that doing something stupid like casting necromancy in front of the nobility is a great way to get a dirt nap.

It's not a balanced playing field, but it's at least fair from that informational aspect of things.

The key issue is what happens when you have an instance where necromancy isn't illegal? If there are no downsides IG to using necromancy, I can easily see this being a nice pvp mechanic. I know "necromancy is illegal" is always the unified reason why something won't happen; but that isn't the case in some chapters where it's supported and encouraged.

Any chapter encouraging/supporting necromancy is in violation of the bylaws, full stop.

Also... how often do other chapters PvP to the point of trying to circle the other person?

Any chapter encouraging/supporting necromancy is in violation of the bylaws, full stop.
Believe me, if the chapter in question's local players could do anything to stop the rampant problems of that chapter (disregard for the bylaws, complete refusal to acknowledge or respond to emails of any kind, blatant favoritism by staff, offensive comments by staff, etc.) that would actually lead to any change, we would.

Most of the chapter has simply decided it's not worth playing there anymore.

Back