Thrown Weapon Information

I never said the pommel of it wouldn't.

I just said I'd fail it on the tip.

And based off of the RAW, it'd fail.

I'm also not saying that if they walked into a chapter I was marshaling at I wouldn't pass it.

But as Jerk-Marshal, it'd fail, because the rules say it does.

A slight detour for a funny story.

A long time ago, pre-Ashbury, I was playing the seneschal to Duke Basil (Ford Ivey). A battle broke out and we were stuck in a Circle of Power that surrounded the duke's regal seat at the top of a dias.

"If only I had a weapon on me!" the Duke said.

"Well, you can always toss your chair at them," I suggested.

"My chair?" he asked.

"Sure," I responded. "Don't you have the skill 'Throne Weapon'?"

> "Sure," I responded. "Don't you have the skill 'Throne Weapon'?"

Ow, ow, ow. Yer lucky you're a couple thousand miles away there, Mike.

Where's my aspirin....

;)
ChrisO

I am now drawing up plans for a chair made of open cell foam. I'll have to get a Blacksmith to make it so my Profs will work with it. Thrown weapon will never be the same

I'd suggest a stool instead of a chair, due to maximum size limits. Unless it's a really small chair. (Goblin throne?)

ChrisO

Now you just need to make a secondary completely devoted to throwing chairs and you're all set.

In NJ they did a foam chair that broke during their gladiator matches.

It was damn funny.

And the closest my scavenger ever came to entering a 'pointless contest with no purpose other than to show off'.

He said, Wait... we can hit people with chairs?

Robb Graves said:
geez man... why do you want to incurage us to throw stool? the game is dirty enough already.

Throwing Poop has been done already.

Thank you, Black Forest.

Robb Graves said:
geez man... why do you want to incurage us to throw stool? the game is dirty enough already.

I use the term's original meaning; the other did not come about until the 1500s, carried over from the previous century when it was used to mean "privy". I'm no monkey, thanks. :)

Etymologically inclined,

ChrisO (Who's argued with a stage director over proper use of the word "diction" to mean word choice, and not enunciation. Me's a punk.) :mrgreen:

I made a giant foam anvil for HQ once. One of their baddies used it in a wave battle and threw it at people.

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
I've seen foam apples and oranges and bananas as thrown fruit in Seattle..

Opening a town wave battle with a thrown tomato = awesome.

Yeah? I made a goblin head once. I think it ended up in the old NH NPC camp. I wonder if it still exists.

SF had a short sword arm for a while, the waylay tip was the hand and you held it by the wrist. It was truly horrid to see an undead coming at you with one arm and swinging his other arm.

I remember back around 2000 when HQ had a few events at a paintball site north of Scranton, quite close to the Faireplay site. They had a great fort setup with a tower inside. The NPCs in the tower were surprised to find a large stock of stuffed animals at the top of the tower. They used them as thrown weapons to lob over the fort wall as the PCs approached. We had to stop and ask if they were throwing real animals IG or if the baddies we were fighting were actually pelting us with stuffed animals. It took several minutes for the PCs to stop laughing once combat ensued.

haha that does remind me of a situation I once observed when an NPC who was playing an old crotchety man hobbled in with a stuffed chicken complaining that some youngsters had killed his chicken! The PC's were all concerned and trying to Healing Arts the chicken until the Marshal on site explained... "you see what you see" the old man was flabbergasted to learn his stuffed chicken was actually just that, a stuffed chicken. Hilarity ensued... :D

Wilde_Night said:
I made a giant foam anvil for HQ once. One of their baddies used it in a wave battle and threw it at people.

If it was black and red, it's still in monster camp.

Hah! Nice. That was a fun project to work on. I am glad it is still around.

Back