What nobility wears - aka who doesn't have *#&# all over

Septum piercings are just a squire. Get cheek spikes and we'll talk.

Perhaps a tragus piercing indicates Royal nobles, as opposed to Ducal or Baronial. ;)

Prince Albert is actually an Emperor.

Toddo said:
Prince Albert is actually an Emperor.

There are probably players who wouldn't want to check for that one though. ;)

Electro-magnetic inspection methods could be implimented, in some cases.

markusdark said:
Toddo said:
In HQ
white belt = Noble (Knight or Lord)
white belt + Four pointed coronet = Baron
white belt + Six pointed coronet = Duke
white belt + Eight pointed coronet = King/Queen

Basically you take a knee when you see the belt, then count the points (if present) to figure out the correct honorific.
I believe that the red belt denotes a squire.

Something as simple as this would work wonders to have things flow well in the game and this would have taken up very little space in the rulebook. Now, if some other chapter wanted a different style/levels of government, they could easily make up their own and let it be known in their chapter's player's guide/background handouts.

In the SCA and the Empire of Adria. a Red belt denotes a squire. Were as Adria uses a blue belt to denote knighthood. SCA uses red&white belts. I believe. Something to think about.

SCA has 3 orders of peerage Knight, Pelican, Laurel
Knight is for Martial Prowess, Laurel is for Arts and Sciences (Crafting) Pelican is for Service to the organization. In the SCA you'll see awards like your AoA and your GoA (Award of Arms and Grant of Arms) and some other locals awards that will contribute to your journey to knighthood. Often times people in the society believe that only a king can make a knight and a king should be a knight so it leads to some interesting discussions.

Other boffer groups sometimes have Knighthoods (Belegarth and Dagohir Dont have any form of peerage officially though they are working towards an unofficial system recognized by their players as a means of peerage) Amtgard (and HFS High Fantasy Society) has a peerage system that is handled through awards..from your first day on the field to knighthood sometimes can be as fast as 6-7 years sometimes it can take over 15 years.

Only knighthood is denoted by the white belt,Spurs and a chain.

When knighting happens they will bestow the Knights chain: which represents a link to the kingdom which shall never go unbroken, in other regard the chain will represent the bond that you have to your leige (the king) and kingdom
The Knights White Belt This belt is your badge of office. It represents the purity of character that knighthood embodies, the strength of your devotion to the Kingdom.

A knight will typically take a squire which will be a red belt a squire is often taken by a knight who sees a quality in the squire that he/she can hone into knighthood or in some instance they take aside people they think they can shape and mold into a better person.
The Knight Squire relationship is really a close bond and something I've enjoyed in the past. My knight is incredible guy. He's my mentor in some aspects and in others he's more like my boxing coach.

Typically, I've not seen any amount of points to designate a specific station (SCA and other boffer sport groups) Some coronets are more ostentatious then others some more subdued its really a matter of personal preference and if your having fun with it or the like.

just some thoughts, I've made a few knight belts for my knight both in leather and otherwise so If people need to some help or have questions drop me a PM and I'm happy to help out. Leather is a pain in the rear to apply white to and I've some special tricks, techniques and tips on how to do it.

I have a white belt I earned in another game, it came with a set of oaths, Belt, chain, spurs and belt favor.. I tend to take that and role-play it when I'm at alliance.

I'm a huge fan of having a relationship between a knight and a squire, its one of the things in one of the other games I play that I like to bring to Alliance. It can be an amazing role-play. I also like the idea of a ceremony for knighting and a set of goals a person has to work for.

ChrioLA said:
I have a white belt I earned in another game, it came with a set of oaths, Belt, chain, spurs and belt favor.. I tend to take that and role-play it when I'm at alliance.

I'm a huge fan of having a relationship between a knight and a squire, its one of the things in one of the other games I play that I like to bring to Alliance. It can be an amazing role-play. I also like the idea of a ceremony for knighting and a set of goals a person has to work for.
Many recreation groups like SCA and Adria do as well between a knight and squire. I know Adria does the ceremony as well. It is good to see Alliance does this as well.

Back