You Know You're a Geek When....

SDonahue said:
undead wearing a monster mask? Samhain

undead forced to walk through a trapped corridor? legerdemain?

undead with a gimp leg? sprain

Sorry that doesn't work... Samhain isn't pronounced with an "ain" sound ;)

Undead knitters - skeins.
undead ritual casters - banes
undead convict - chains

elliotbay said:
Your testosterone builds when you think someone is trying to out-geek you.

- Moat definitely compensating for something

HA!!!

Undead old people: Canes
Undead actors: Feigns

Ricky Ricardo is my favorite so far.

Undead sleighride - reins
Undead evesdropper - strains (to hear?)
Undead pub - Shane's

Additionally, oops!

Undead Fruit of the Loom: "Haaaaaanes."

Much better than regular underwear, because you can feel the burning hate of undead fruit :)

<~nerd.
-Ali

Undead dictators: Reigns

*by the way*

I heard about this game from East Coasters at the '07 Weeklong in Traverse. :)

You know you're a geek when your mom puts you in charge of wrapping a present and this is the result:

ducttapepresent001.jpg

YES

Heres my attempt at this.

Undead nerd: games
Undead actress: vain
Undead santa: candy-cane
Undead Abel: Cain
Undead windows: pane
Undead Chinese : chow mein

:D
-Jen

elliotbay said:
You have some spare time, so you write a lambda calculus interpreter, including Church numerals and several common functions for good measure.

You have vnc, ssh, music, and MUD servers all running on your old laptop at home

Your testosterone builds when you think someone is trying to out-geek you.

- Moat definitely compensating for something

I am running Vinagre for VNC Client on my NEW laptop with Remote Desktop on an old Windows desktop just so that I can run PhoneTray because it won't run in WINE.

I am going to virtualize Windows in that same system so that I can also run SSH and a music server on the same old desktop.

So -- Geek #1 chimes in that I understand what elliotbay is talking about, and I am getting so jealous that I could punch him in the face next time I see him.

You know you're a geek when more than half of the Christmas gifts you buy for your family are from ThinkGeek.com.

Ondreij said:
Geek #1 chimes in that I understand what elliotbay is talking about, and I am getting so jealous that I could punch him in the face next time I see him.
I laughed out loud at that one, although I'm concerned about the "Geek #1" self-label.

Sadly, my wallet can't handle that many gifts from thinkgeek.com this year, although I was pleased that they brought that April Fools' shirt to life.

Wine has only been useful to me under a very limited set of circumstances

...when your band director sends out an SurveyMonkey survey for room sign-ups, your first instinct is to write up a little application to solve the same problem without the limitations that a strict survey would impose.

...you have the same response when someone tells you from their computer that they don't have an alarm clock

...you are excited by the idea of running through the woods, swinging padded pvc and throwing packets of seed at people

I know the last one doesn't set you apart from the rest of this crowd, but I think it still counts in the broader context of US culture.

elliotbay said:
Ondreij said:
Geek #1 chimes in that I understand what elliotbay is talking about, and I am getting so jealous that I could punch him in the face next time I see him.
I laughed out loud at that one, although I'm concerned about the "Geek #1" self-label.

I was only making reference to what was said:

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
elliot...i'm not sure it counts as geek unless at least 3 other geeks know what you're talking about....so lets hear it....does anyone know what elliot just said?.....hehhehe

I was just saying that I was the first of a hoped-for 3 other geeks --- not that I am The Uber Geek ... heavens NO! I know people WAAY more geeky than I. I've just made it a life long mission. :lol:

Ah, I misunderstood, though that was Tzydl you were quoting.

You and I share the same life goal, my friend. :cool:

Back