You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when...

Marcena said:
HA! And when asked you say you "volunteer" at a scout camp. Well...when you're an NPC...:p

No Jesse, that's called lying. I'm straightforward with what I do with my places of employment. Especially when my coworkers are bigger geeks than I am. Yes, I just said that. Yes, it's possible to be a bigger geek than I.

You know that you have been playng Alliance a bunch when.....at the Ren Faire you are walking and see two people dressed and skeletons. Then you reach for your weapon and spell packets. Notice that you have neither. Fell bad because of the knee jerk reaction, then fell less bad when you notice that your 6 companions. Who also play Alliance LARP with you had the same reaction.

True Story
Yeah that is Bad.

Amanda

Are we programmed or what?

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Marcena said:
HA! And when asked you say you "volunteer" at a scout camp. Well...when you're an NPC...:p

No Jesse, that's called lying. I'm straightforward with what I do with my places of employment. Especially when my coworkers are bigger geeks than I am. Yes, I just said that. Yes, it's possible to be a bigger geek than I.

You know, Rob...I was only kidding. When they ask what I do on the weekends, instead of having to explain it for the bazillionth time I joke around, getting all shifty eyed saying; "I....volunteer....at a scout camp....as a goblin."

Maybe I didn't put enough smileys on my post for that to be made clear.

:D :) :D ;) :) :lol: :D :D :shock: :eek: :p :p :p :p :!: :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: ;) :D :) :twisted: :geek: :D :D :D

Better? :p

Late at night at home when you hear a sound that might accually be a burglar and you grab one of your Larp swords and go downstairs to investigate, feeling quite safe because, " Hell, I swing eights with this thing!"

... when you find yourself slipping into your Romani accent while talking to folks who have no idea what you do for a hobby.

When your called into work to fix the boss' 'puter just as your heading off to Sat. event and you show up full garb and the only person who says anything about it is the new girl in the front office while you leaving, carrying sword in hand, commenting "Damn! You weren't kidding about using a clue bat on stupid users." :lol:

Marcena said:
When you have actually handed in a completed rough draft of a research paper in Mystic Wood Elven!

She should thank me for that one... I wrote the script... LOL

SO....

When you discuss with your co worker the calculation of Mystic age compared to human age and even write an algebraic equation for anyone older than 312.5

6.25 Elfin Years = 1 Human Year if Elfin Years < 312.5
312.5 Elfin Years < X Elfin Years < 1,500 Elfin Years = 50 Human Years
25 Elfin Years = 1 Human Year if Elfin Years > 1,500
So, if Elfin Years > 1,500 then, Human Years = ((Elfin Years / 25) - 1,500) + (312.5 * 6.25)
And Elfin Years = ((Human Year - (312.5 * 6.25)) * 25) + 1,500
Ignoring 1,187.5 Elfin Years where the aging process almost stops.

Example: Elfin Years = 2,365
2,365 - 1,500 = 865
865 / 25 = 34.6
34.6 + (312.5 * 6.25) = 84.6
Human Years = 84.6

Example: Human Years = 100
100 - (312.5 * 6.25) = 50
50 * 25 = 1,250
1,250 + 1,500 = 2,750
Elfin Years = 2,750

O_O wow I'm nerdy

Eldandiril said:
Marcena said:
And Elfin Years = ((Human Year - (312.5 * 6.25)) * 25) + 1,500
Ignoring 1,187.5 Elfin Years where the aging process almost stops.

Example: Elfin Years = 2,365
2,365 - 1,500 = 865
865 / 25 = 34.6
34.6 + (312.5 * 6.25) = 84.6
Human Years = 84.6

Example: Human Years = 100
100 - (312.5 * 6.25) = 50
50 * 25 = 1,250
1,250 + 1,500 = 2,750
Elfin Years = 2,750

O_O wow I'm nerdy

When you disprove some ones equation because it doesnt work out....

(312.5 * 6.25) should be done first (using PEMDAS) thus making it always 1953.125 then -100, having nothing to do with 50....I think you ment to use division (/) and not multiplication (*).

uh yeah..... that was a blatant typo... thanks ^^

Back to the original list, might I add when you spend more on Camp deposits in a month then on your new mortgage....

Actually, that belongs on the " You might be an owner..." thread. :)

You know you've been doing alliance a bunch when... you receive Get Well cards addressed to IG characters.
(or worse)
You know you've been doing alliance a bunch when... you sign Get Well cards from all of your various IG characters as well as yourself.
(It was really nice though Lurin)

Fynwei said:
You know you've been doing alliance a bunch when... you receive Get Well cards addressed to IG characters.
(or worse)
You know you've been doing alliance a bunch when... you sign Get Well cards from all of your various IG characters as well as yourself.
(It was really nice though Lurin)

You got a card from Lurin? I heard that dude's a vampire lord these days...

And an owner...

Not sure which is scarier :p

Back