You know you've been doing Alliance a bunch when...

Trevor,

I'll help you out.... "Read Radius Ward".... there all set :)

When you walk through the local grocer thinking about simple meals you can cook by campfire for the whole town to selll IG.

This story is actually from my Mom, who recently started LARPing and PCing more regularly, but that just makes this story even better:

"This morning, as I was about to go upstairs, Alexander (our cat) grabbed my ankle. So I just stood there and waited until he realized that I wasn't going to play this game and pull away, and he sat down and looked at me with something akin to disgust - and in my head I said 'Aha! No Effect!'"

Marcena said:
When after-game is called, you and someone you want to keep RPing with IG put your hand on your head to signify that you are IG!

I looked at Marcena's (non-chibi) avatar and realized for the first time that it has its hand on its head so it's OOG!

When you are looking around for something important like a wallet, or cell phone that you misplaced and you think to yourself "I know I should have gotten that stuff spirit linked..." :D

Telokh_Amdo said:
Marcena said:
When after-game is called, you and someone you want to keep RPing with IG put your hand on your head to signify that you are IG!

I looked at Marcena's (non-chibi) avatar and realized for the first time that it has its hand on its head so it's OOG!

It is not! She's just drawing her bow back! But it does kinda look like it doesn't it. :oops:

When someone hurts themselves and your first instinct is to ask "healing arts" type questions.

Marcena said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Marcena said:

It is not! She's just drawing her bow back! But it does kinda look like it doesn't it. :oops:

When someone hurts themselves and your first instinct is to ask "healing arts" type questions.

It's small. I never noticed the bow until you mentioned it. I thought it was a dancer.

Dreamingfurther said:
When you are looking around for something important like a wallet, or cell phone that you misplaced and you think to yourself "I know I should have gotten that stuff spirit linked..." :D
Yes. You should know better than to leave your wallet un-linked and non-rendered. :p

When you start saying "got it" anytime something hits you, (or you meander your shoulder into a filing cabinet like I did.)

Dreamingfurther said:
When you start saying "got it" anytime something hits you, (or you meander your shoulder into a filing cabinet like I did.)

Acutlly happened to me once. My brother threw a small toy at me and I said "got it"

He gave me look like "wtf?"

fyi that is a slight mis-quote... but for the record I've done that too most likely. =P

(i hope this never happens its my first job)

when your store is being robbed and you try to waylay the robber with a newspaper... or you attempt to throw alchemy (many different types come to mind

there are times in my life where i wish i had an amnesia for me ( wanting to forget grinding lvls on wow ) and times i wish i had one for others ( stupid things my friends are never going to forget... some involve turning left )

Those of you that have read my intro post know that I have not actually been doing Alliance ever, yet. Nevertheless, I have been devoting considerable brain time to it, and recently read through the rule book. Last night, I had a dream that I was LARPing, and a couple people approached us to go do something combative together. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to make a weapon beforehand, and only had a pool noodle. There are several reasons why I wouldn't be able to use that, but the main reason I stated in my dream was that it didn't have a thrusting tip.

elliotbay said:
There are several reasons why I wouldn't be able to use that... it didn't have a thrusting tip.

QFT. :lol:

When you're watching movies and your friend constantly calls "Illegal weapon usage! There is NO thrusting tip on it!" She doesn't play Alliance either, but I guess that's a rule just about everywhere.

It's why I always carry a card with a "magic DFM" just in case. :)

Back