You know you've been playing too much NERO when...

A

Anonymous

First off, great event this last weekend. Another high five for plot and all who participated.

Second off, this was inspired by the old "You know you've been playing too much Diablo II when...". During the ride home a came up with a couple of them.

You know you've been playing too much NERO when you bring a life spell to a funeral.

" " someone trips, and you say healing arts, are you hurt?

I know they're kinda cheesy, but fun, can anyone else think of some good ones.

...the words "Kililng blow one" will wake you up instantly under any circumstances.

...you'd rather face a troll than a bee

...you start calling every kid you know a page

...eating chicken feels like cannibalism (Hi Diera)

...eating chicken gives you a feeling of satisfaction (Hi Diera :D )

Archon said:
...eating chicken gives you a feeling of satisfaction (Hi Diera :D )

Oh really now? Forgetting who else plays biata, are we?

You're just not as flashy as my, Nate.

By the way, I've been known to carry chicken in a biscuit around before, munching on them. You'll have to do better than that.

~When you get home and unload your car... your dog runs up to you and you start throwing spell packets.

~When someone saying "I need an X (life, magic storm...) spell!" will wake you instantly... when you're not at an event.

Right before bed, you say to your partner "Do you accept physical roleplay?"

Diera said:
You're just not as flashy as my, Nate.

I think it's the fact that I'm just not around much anymore.

You know you have been playing too much Nero when....

-you refuse to allow anyone to stand directly behind you in ATM lines, elevators, etc... with out turning a shoulder or calling "expecting waylay".

-the threat of someone throwing rocks at you doesn?t sound all that bad anymore (after all only base 1 right?)

-the word "Nero" before any action now means anything from horrible to crazy or many degrees between. (Examples: Took a Nero jump off a cliff, had a Nero poo when I got home, had a Nero feast at the buffet after the event....)

-the threat of death seems less now as you feel you will come back at least two more times for certain.

-sleeping on the couch sounds better cause it feels more like a broken bunk bed.

-someone breaks into your home and you don't call the cops cause hell I have 4 slays after all (deaths, dooms etc...)

-taking your contacts out sounds like going out of game.

-under no circumstances will you cross circles without hesitating first (basketball courts, playgrounds, hell even the cul-de-sac at times)

-the word "hold" brings you to a complete halt even in casual conversation.

-the term "Nero goggles" means something to you.

-pieces of paper and popsicle sticks on the ground are no longer trash but rather are priceless.

-you have used the word evisorate in regular conversation.

-blood is just what holds your veins open when the caffeine is used up.

-when someone says they were on a 3 hour bender you slap em for being a wuss.

-before you tackle someone in football you ask if you can.

-anyone counting to three makes you panic for a second.

-you refer to scrapes, bruises and any other injury now as "damage".

-you know what "Girl treasure" is.

-when someone stretches their arms above their head you stop paying attention to them.

-dwarfs are no longer short but more often six feet or more in your mind.

-you would never give antibiotics to your pet cat cause the first two are only going to get resisted anyway.

-you don't stand too close to chickens for fear of their mind powers.

-you tell people that you have more than one disese and you are ready to use em.

-birds, bats, and dragons can't fly.

-when woken by a loud noise you automatically assume someone you know is dead.

God I could do this all day.... but I don't want to get hurt,
Travis
My chi is responsible for all 45 sizes of Mt Dew in the world.

Alexzander Cross said:
Travis
My chi is responsible for all 45 sizes of Mt Dew in the world.
And now I must worship your chi.

-You see a menacing person walking down the street with a white headband on and think "Oh, I don't need to worry, they're OOG."
-Your Paul Vorvick... :rolleyes:

You know you've been playing NERO too much when:

--you have prophetic in-game dreams

--you wake your roommate up at night by shouting Chaos incants in your sleep

--at home, you keep your NERO weapons under the bed because in the real world, they are out-of-game

--your non-NERO friends think you're crazy because you **** out over tacky junk every time you go shopping ("wow, look at this great wrought-iron lawn gnome! I NEED this for NERO!)

--half of your OOG wardrobe would be considered ?period costumes?

--you had to request a storage unit because your dorm room isn?t big enough for all your NERO costumes, cabin decorations, future donations, projects, and wares.

--you create between game actions for your character, and you know what they would be doing on any given day of the week (L.E. is at the orphanage right now, teaching the children to read and write. She does this three times a week. etc...)

Anyone who has some more please post em. Gonna make a list and post it at some point. We used to have one somewhere but who knows where it went.

L.E. said:

--at home, you keep your NERO weapons under the bed because in the real world, they are out-of-game

Heck, when you sleep with your NERO sword at home.
When you wake up with a spell packet in you hand at home.
When you call your friend, who's not in NERO, a noob for not knowing what damage a stone bolt does.

You know youve been playing too much Nero (if there is such a thing) when

-your friend falls donw and asks you to help him up and you put your hand on your shoulder and say. Pick you up 1 Pick you up 2 Pick you up 3.

-your name is Paul Vorvick.

-you sniff and look at the bottom of all your drinks before drinking them.
:D

- when you poke a good friend they say dodge.

- you make up damage calls for things in your room and then threaten people with them

- you wrote a "W" on the white board of your dorm room and every time it gets erased you make a new one.

- you forget to take a white head bands off

- you find elf ears in a pocket and say "oops. there are those ears!"

- "find out in game" has become part of the everyday vocabulary with friends.

- you dream that a nero event was ruined by a creepy lady and you have to save everyone by pouring water on her...

This one is my favorite one and I know alot of you have propably heard it....

~You get hit by a car and get up without even one scratch and yell DODGE!!!

Hey, hey. I'm not that NERO addicted. I only wear costume to school once a week, if that!

If you've completely given up trying to describe NERO to mundanes any more.

If you try to organize a battle at your school's end-of-the-year party. (I'm working on that right now.)

If you become a marshal, just so you can properly run your guild...

Your character has a better memory than you do... literally.

What do you yell if it's a Honda?
Elemental Shield?

Jeff
it's punalicious

Aeris said:
This one is my favorite one and I know alot of you have propably heard it....

~You get hit by a car and get up without even one scratch and yell DODGE!!!

Make a list of cars that you can get hit by and what protectives work...hehehe I like it.

Solomon Maxondaerth said:
What do you yell if it's a Honda?
Elemental Shield?

Jeff
it's punalicious

Back