[.11] Character Management Application - Free Play

It seems like the spell buying limitations are missing something.

It’ll let me buy from a 3/2 to a 4/2 or from a 4/3/2 to a 4/4/2, where I should, in both instances be forced to buy a spell of the next level up.

So, the use of fluid classing in the builder allows one to purchase, as a scholar, 5 critical attacks and a parry and then fluid class into fighter and have a parry with only 19 (including the parry) martial build spent.

@Polare You want to make a note of this in fluid classing. There's no talk about this in the playtest packet. I think it's pretty clear the intent is to not let this be a thing. But right now it's not mentioned.

"
The class chosen at character creation is not permanent. At any time prior to the start of an event, you can choose to change your character’s class by speaking to the appropri- ate staff member of your character’s Home Chapter.

Your actual skills will not change; only the amount you have spent to obtain them.

You must have enough Build Points avail- able to make the change, and cannot go into negative Build Points. Therefore, if you wish to change your class, you may have to wait until you have enough free Build to make the change.

It is easier to change to and from the similar classes (fighter to templar or scout) than it is to go from one of the “primary” classes to another (fighter to scholar or rogue).

Individual chapters may have additional out-of-game requirements not listed here.

"

Anything not mentioned in the packet has changed. This is an oversight, and clearly not the intent. But, in programming I followed exactly the way fluid classing was written out.

I think the description of parry is outdated it starts with:

Parry
A Parry allows the character to defend against any one physical weapon delivered attack, including arrows, bolts and thrown weap- ons, but not a Waylay.

I think the description of parry is outdated it starts with:

Parry
A Parry allows the character to defend against any one physical weapon delivered attack, including arrows, bolts and thrown weap- ons, but not a Waylay.
Indeed like other skills, parry didn't get a new description since it functions more or less the same as in 1.3.

It’ll let me buy from a 3/2 to a 4/2 or from a 4/3/2 to a 4/4/2, where I should, in both instances be forced to buy a spell of the next level up.

I hate spell pyramids so much. I'll take a look at this.

I may be interpreting this incorrectly, but I believe this is a valid build-out per this ARC ruling from a few years ago.

I may be interpreting this incorrectly, but I believe this is a valid build-out per this ARC ruling from a few years ago.

You would be interpreting that incorrectly. The rule is that you can’t have more than a single two-spell gap; a 4/2 has two such gaps (two 2nds and 0 3rds is also a gap).

To pile onto the terribleness that is pyramid buying, currently when you have a 4/3/2/1, you can't buy a 5th 1st in the builder, which is ARB legal.

And, despite that it makes zero sense, Florentine & Style Master have no pre-requisites, but don't show up.

Low Priority Feature Request: "Copy Character" - it'd be nice to make a template character with a 4 column and have that as a base, rather than having to go through the rigmarole of buying that sequence over and over for testing.

And, despite that it makes zero sense, Florentine & Style Master have no pre-requisites, but don't show up.

The ARB lists Florentine and Style Master requiring a "Weapon Skill". The playtest package does not but, there's no note of this change. I believe it's just an oversight. But, maybe @Polare can comment.

It’s probably tied up with claws, which aren’t a weapon skill, because they are a racial skill, but do allow the purchase of Florentine.

It’s probably tied up with claws, which aren’t a weapon skill, because they are a racial skill, but do allow the purchase of Florentine.

I fixed that for critical attacks and back attacks and Florentine. Looks like I might have missed Style Master on that list.

Low Priority Feature Request: "Copy Character" - it'd be nice to make a template character with a 4 column and have that as a base, rather than having to go through the rigmarole of buying that sequence over and over for testing.

This is probably pretty unlikely to happen. There's no actual database case for it besides build planning. You shouldn't ever need to copy a character in the real world.

What I'm going to do is probably add a quick way to buy your next 9th level spell. 25 XP isn't really that much, this will probably be a bit more common than I imagine. I just haven't had time yet.

I haven't had time recently to look at spell pyramids or the fluid classing but, ARC provided input about how that should work. I've been working on adding preregistration (Which isn't really important to this thread).

I'll find some time soon.

Back