10 Location Speculation & Assignment

I thought of another important one: According to Dure'dhel's notes, there was a notably powerful node of some kind that you had been attempting to weaken via Deep Elven crystal when you first caught the direct attention of the Hunter. Quite apart from the Node being very powerful , the Hunter himself appearing to drive you out when efforts were made to destroy it means there's a very good chance it holds higher significance to the Architect/Weave.

While I had originally been planning to take a look at the location of the Imperial Anchor, I think I will investigate this Node instead just to ensure that it gets checked. Mark me down for that.

~ Gandian

Among the remaining "unclaimed" locations, spots 7, 8, 11, and 12 seem the most likely to be what we're seeking. If you're a formalist and have not yet found a place to head, please speak up!

~ Gandian

If Sgt. Bevin is not a formalist and is willing to search one of the locations I am in possession of the seed of a Crown Ancient and would be willing to relinquish it to her as it should be able to sense the locations we are seeking. I will be seeking a location myself and as a formalist do not need to bring the seed with me.

-Oliver Olwen Oleander

Needed ta sense the weave is the ability to enchant a blade for an entire gather and have a few cloaks against magics, yes? (13 ranks min?) We been working on training for some time but I'm not sure Sgt. Bevin will be able to harness that much formal power as her martial prowess has been a focus of her training for some time. I will speak wit her ta confirm.

A formalist of any strength should suffice, Hengin. I believe Asher's 13+ referred to the number of available formalists.

Or maybe you're right and I misunderstood. Asher? Clarification?

~ Gandian

13+ is the number of Formalist I know we have. Anyone from 1 tome and above can sense the magics. If you can read formal scrolls, thats good enough!

Asher

I'm a formalist and ready to help. I have been to the First Forest and should be able to find my way there again. I'll be consulting Lt. Pan Da to jog my memory.

Coming home.... It's been so long. My dreams were jarred by the sound of your voices, especially yours, Fern. These dreams have spurred us to travel home once again. A strong pull to see the corrupt finished. Though we haven't been there to help in recent past, you can guarantee we will be there to our fullest capacity when you need us.

Bevin

Alright, #8,9,11 are still in need. I have yet to hear from Ser Victor or any of the Gryphon Guard, Socora, Roff or anyone other than Rag from The Sentinels. We have until the 5th to seek these out and report our findings. I shouldn't have to stress how important this is, but failure to at least cover all potential spots could make what we're trying to achieve that much harder.

I have also only heard second hand that Jamina will visit the Master's Grove, but I do not have confirmation from her. Jamina, can you confirm that location will be scouted by you? I am 100% certain that is a faunt of power.

- Asher

Glad to help in any capacity, Lord Oakheart, however I'm not certain *WHAT* I may do that will be of use ... if you direct me, I shall do it.

Your servant,
Zihr of House Husky

Zihr,

I might not be Asher, but here's my idea for what you could do:

How about we get you one of the Charis Gems and send you to one of the locations we still need to investigate? I believe we have 3 Gems and only 1 accounted for already, so we might as well make use of the ones we've got. Perhaps you can take the Gem representing the Green Dragon Egg (since that Gem may resonate most notably with the spot) and investigate the location where the Oracle of Tobor had been tethered to the Weave (#8). I'm certain we can get some assistance in Disjuncting you there, and once you're in the area, you should be able to focus with the Gem to determine if the flow of energy we are looking for is present. And if you can have a quick look around to see what kind of defenses may have been added to that place before you disjunct out, that would certainly be beneficial as well.

Get in, sense around, look around, get out as safely as possible, and tell us what you found. That all sound good to you?

~ Gandian

Hello All,

Gryphon Guard will be deployed for scouting as such:

Kadian Storm will stand by with cavalry back-up for those that encounter resistance and are unable to get close enough to detect. Just let us know and the cavalry will run distraction for any location while you scout.

Jamina - thank you for scouting:
#1 Master's Grove aka Badgerkin Valley

Roderick - we need you to scout:
#13. The Volcano Corrupt. Strange and powerful Corrupt came from this Volcano 2 markets ago.

Victor (with a gem)- I will go and scout the place of my very first death:
#9 Charis trapped in the force bubble in the field of nodes

Oliver the Human (with a gem)- I will map you the location of:
#15 Unicorn Grove three trails into the grove of the dark unicorn

Valentino - I will map you the location of:
#16 Coatl Cliff along the Great River

Eric - We need you to go check out:
#17 Right turn at the fork in the road: The Corrupted area around where the Dagger of Navir was safeguarded.

Walk with Honor,
Sir Victor

Last edited:
Greetings Zihr and Gandian,

There are four gems, just enough for Zihr to use the last.
Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
Fern, Oliver the Human, Zihr, Victor

Gandian - I REALLY like your idea, so I am modifying my orders to account for the use of the green gem for its like essence area.

Zihr - good hunting in the:
#8 Oracle of Tobor trapped in the weave location

Walk with Honor,
Sir Victor

I'll give the area a look see
-Errick

Sir Victor,

Thank you for trusting me with this artifact, I will return it prior to the final battle.

Are there any "special" meanings to the gems colors? Just trying to stay informed.

Sgt Bevin,

Please write soonest with you unit designation, and commanding officer's name and location. I'd like to detach your unit for a few days and My Lord says it appears kinder to ask.

Fern Woods

BG Fern,

The color of each of the gems is symbolic to the color of the dragon essence re-born to each of the eggs.
While any of the dragon gems will work to detect magic inherent to these lands as they are bonded to a guardian of these lands; it is merely more fitting that the green gem be used as a symbolic recognition of the area where the Green Oracle had been held captive, tethered to the weave, providing the Horoc with eternal life (until we freed her). While it provides no known bonus for our scouting purposes, it may give closure and pay homage to the sacrifice the Green Oracle endured.

Walk with Honor,
Victor

Sir Victor

I would like to help in efforts. I not to smarts and could help travle with somebody not so good at the fighting. I not read or write so I dont know if i be able to learn much from research. I see things and can report back. I be of whatever use you want

-Bruisey Foemangler.

Does that mean we have all locations accounted for? If no one has need of the Crown Ancient seed I will take it with me on my own scouting just in case.

-Oliver Olwen Oleander

Magus Gandian and Sir Victor,

Thank you for the trust you have put in me. Heading to the Oracle of Tobor ... wish me the luck of the huskies!

Back