A couple of questions

Eldandiril said:
You speak of me Dramthin?

As Emerssiry or something like that. I do nye know what that does, but it is likely very valuable and you should accomp'ny us to the tower!

Dramthin Hartsboon! You know better than to go ruining my reputation like that! :D

As for Durl, aye. Aye I can use many of the "burning papers". Did you need some? Place an order to me via pigeon and I can make all the "burning papers" you need.

I don't need any thing but my shield and hammer, but Arkemeades likes to collect them alot. I think he's been playing the collecting game too so maybe you could trade with each other.

So I think we got Durl, Dramthin, and Arkemeades for climbing so far, I put Arkemeades in the melter spot cause he was gunna come up the tower with me this last market day, so we just need a good fixer. Does this Silverhilt, or Zanabanath like to get up early, cause if either one is willing ta get up with the sun I think we got a team for our first try.

Tell ya what, Marce: you bring the burning papers, I'll bring the troll-weed and between the two of us, we'll have a helluva party.

As for the tower, Silverhilt is more of a dirt-mage than a healer, though he might be convinced to speak a different litany. And, as far as I know, Squire Zanabanath (I misspoke earlier) toes the front line, not the back, though I'm sure her pocket healing is more than efficacious. What we really need to do is drag Ractor Hook out of retirement by his scrawny ears and bring him along - man can memorize more Life Spells than there are days of the week.

And Wolfram Eisenberg - You seem to be describing honour as a list of accomplishments: the measure of one's deeds, the recognition of action, the achievement of greatness. if 'honour' is only a taxonomy of action, I would wonder what actions and desires are marked as such. And, more pointedly, why is it important at all?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Well, if anyone else is looking for a trip to the tower, that isn't already in a group... I'm looking to make a tower run...

Its too bad you are a fighter like me Stoneskull, if you could heal we could use you. Still, people should keep speakin up, I'll try to get everyone into a group that wants to go tower climbin.

Lurin said:
Its too bad you are a fighter like me Stoneskull, if you could heal we could use you. Still, people should keep speakin up, I'll try to get everyone into a group that wants to go tower climbin.

I'm not just a fighter... I can heal too... and I have potions... and can perform first aid...

I'm a very diverse High Orc...

Well how come you didn't just say you were a part-fixer? Is it a little part or a big part of you?

Mobius said:
Tell ya what, Marce: you bring the burning papers, I'll bring the troll-weed and between the two of us, we'll have a helluva party.

As for the tower, Silverhilt is more of a dirt-mage than a healer, though he might be convinced to speak a different litany. And, as far as I know, Squire Zanabanath (I misspoke earlier) toes the front line, not the back, though I'm sure her pocket healing is more than efficacious. What we really need to do is drag Ractor Hook out of retirement by his scrawny ears and bring him along - man can memorize more Life Spells than there are days of the week.

And Wolfram Eisenberg - You seem to be describing honour as a list of accomplishments: the measure of one's deeds, the recognition of action, the achievement of greatness. if 'honour' is only a taxonomy of action, I would wonder what actions and desires are marked as such. And, more pointedly, why is it important at all?

Dramthin Hartsboon

That, Dramthin, sounds like the best idea I have heard in a long time!

And is that nye honor? In Dagon, honor is marked by names which are earned through accomplishment. A female is born with only three names, a life name (Marcena) Dagon and Gaddi. A male Dagon with four a life name, a luck name, Dagon and Ezem. The life goal of a Dagon is to earn names through accomplishment and live up to the ones they were given. "Marcena" means "the Worthy". Like when I was thirteen, I earned the name "Cenkraea" when I saved a sailor man after he had gone missing at sea after a storm. It had been four days and nobody had seen him, thinking he hadn't resurrected and gave up looking for him. I struck out that night to look again. I was out all night and I found him. He gave me the name "Cenkraea" meaning "Spirit".

Lurin said:
Well how come you didn't just say you were a part-fixer? Is it a little part or a big part of you?

Little part... I can't use life spells... but I can take a hit enough to make it to people before they're needed, and use cure light wounds...

I can use cure lights as well. Just in alchemical form. I have been working on making new, more powerful curatives, but I do nye want to lose my eyebrows again! :(

I don't think thats gonna be good for the first group through ta learn, we need a bigger fixer for that. But maybe Marcena, and Stoneskull could be the start of another group, I'm sure lotsa people wanna come through.

Hey, I'll go through a second, third, fourth, nth time - so if any group needs a filler, I'm your elf. From what I understand, there's no statute of limitations on this, and since my sword-arm doesn't get tired, I'm more than willing to beat my head senseless against this tower. It'll be nice to fight something for no other reason than it's fun. Being a steward is important and all, but it sure is tiring.

As for honour, I'm still unclear on concept. If it's just a list of actions, that sounds pretty empty. The honourable Defender of the Earth; The honourable Tiller of the Soil; The honourable Shiniest Rock; the honourable Fastest Stag; the honourable Most Bloodied Slaver.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Mobius said:
As for honour, I'm still unclear on concept. If it's just a list of actions, that sounds pretty empty. The honourable Defender of the Earth; The honourable Tiller of the Soil; The honourable Shiniest Rock; the honourable Fastest Stag; the honourable Most Bloodied Slaver.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Dramthin, honor to us is nye just action. But honorable accomplishment. Accomplishment for the betterment of others. Nye just ourselves. The Defender and the tiller may be honorable for they have causes to feed others and for the safety of others. The shiniest and the fastest are purely self accomplished and nye worth honor unto themselves. The Most Bloodied Slaver, my dear Dramthin, bespeaks mockery of our concept!

If honour is based on how well it helps others, how can a duel ever be honourable and why is slavery, which helps the slavers and their family, dishonourable? If it's all a balance of people helped vs harmed, it'd be perfectly honorable to murder a child in order to save a family or raze your enemy and salt their land as long as your tribe has a single more member.

Dramthin Hartsboon

I for one do nye believe that "honor duels" are honorable. Slavery is a terrible thing, Dramthin. I were taught that it is nye only who it helps, man, but who it hurts. Decisions must be made, my dear, but weigh nye this heavily on those who are doing what they can to choose the honorable path. You and mi familia have taught me better.

Lurin said:
I don't think thats gonna be good for the first group through ta learn, we need a bigger fixer for that. But maybe Marcena, and Stoneskull could be the start of another group, I'm sure lotsa people wanna come through.

I do have on my person much bigger healing than the alchemical cure lights that I can make myself. I am a trader, sir. I have many goods as far as potions and alchemy are concerned. Many of which are my personal cache in which I would most gladly use on any fallen friend.

Honor Duels are a much better resolution to conflict than a bar fight or a waylay in the woods. Take care in this adventure and remember to come grab a drink to relax after a long climb.

Jara

I give you stern warning in your dealings with the tower... it can mislead even the kindest spirit. This tower has a purpose, will you fall pray to it if you do not take care.

Simeon Rice

Um,

Ad go ta da tower... Kin ah help sum peoples?

Mr Krieganhammer,

wut would a Celestial caster wanna memorize?

Jehan

Oh, Great Dragon! With the Wyldweaver in the works, the Tower doesn't stand a chance! He's a one-wolf wrecking-crew! This is gonna be fantastic! I'm glad you're finally making it out to this sleepy burg, a good eldritch cannon is always a superb addition.

Dramthin Hartsboon

Back