Alliance Rulebook 2.1 Draft for Player Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears to be missing any way to copy recipe's for Alchemy in the crafting section (there is an entry for Inscription and Brewing).

Appears to be missing any way to copy recipe's for Alchemy in the crafting section (there is an entry for Inscription and Brewing).
Page 84, 2nd paragraph under Creating Alchemy.

You are right!
Must be thinking of an old rule or something, thanks!
Page 84, 2nd paragraph under Creating Alchemy.
1684818196489.png

Not sure if this has already been caught, but the Skill Cost Tables on pages 48 - 50 do not appear to include the skill Tinkering, which I believe should be on the Stealth Skill section on pare 49.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for. If not, feel free to remove it to reduce clutter:

The Starting Items section on page 10 of the new rule book does not mention using your starting pool of points to purchase magic items. Page 77 of the Player's Guide allows for it. Is it the intent of the new rule book to end the creation of magic items as starting equipment or will that information be included in a supplementary document?
Added magic items section to the starting items.
Thank you!

As a new player, the Vengence Effect is hard to find a description for. It is listed in the Monster Ability section, but I had to scroll through the entire book manually searching for the phrase. This was all due to the Alchemy Vomitous Blast ability. Consider adding another sentence such as "for more information on Vengence, see the effect in the Monster Special Abilities chapter".
Added the following phrase, "For more information on Vengeance, please see the ritual effect listed on the Character Management Application."
Thank you

Pg 37: First line of  Corrupt feels a little funky.
"This effect will kill (they become Dead) a living target" could instead be "This effect will kill a living target (they will become Dead)."
Modified to, "This effect will kill a living target (the target becomes dead) and instantly raises them as a Greater Undead under the absolute control of the caster."
Thank you

Not sure if this has already been caught, but the Skill Cost Tables on pages 48 - 50 do not appear to include the skill Tinkering, which I believe should be on the Stealth Skill section on pare 49.
Added tinkering to skill table.
Thank you

Added the following phrase, "For more information on Vengeance, please see the ritual effect listed on the Character Management Application."
Thank
Assuming that's the CMA, my only concern is that neither the love or beta CMA gives the example of non reduction of damage. I had an example of this last year during the playtest where an npc called resolute to my Vengeance call. In the NPC monster abilities chapter, it explicitly states you cannot use resolute, but the cma doesn't reference that.

Assuming that's the CMA, my only concern is that neither the love or beta CMA gives the example of non reduction of damage. I had an example of this last year during the playtest where an npc called resolute to my Vengeance call. In the NPC monster abilities chapter, it explicitly states you cannot use resolute, but the cma doesn't reference that.
I will bring this to ARC to have a final rules calling and update the text as needed.
Thank you

I had an example of this last year during the playtest where an npc called resolute to my Vengeance call.
Both the live and beta CMAs refer to Vengeance damage (in the ritual description) as ”not avoidable in any manner.”

Similarly, the rulebook says Vengeance “may not be avoided or mitigated in any way,” and then goes on to list some examples of the things you can’t use to avoid it.

Hopefully, after the combat in which that defense was called you informed a local marshal or the chapter’s Head of Rules so that they could let the NPC know and rectify any issues caused by the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Does this mean that short bows, long bows, light crossbows, and heavy crossbows no longer receive the extra point of damage since they are not a "Great Weapon"? Previously it seemed to be all "two-handed" weapons received the bonus. I don't recall seeing that change in the previous 2.1 beta rules, just checking to see if that is a new item or a typo. :)

1685437966017.png
1685438253359.png

Does this mean that short bows, long bows, light crossbows, and heavy crossbows no longer receive the extra point of damage since they are not a "Great Weapon"? Previously it seemed to be all "two-handed" weapons received the bonus. I don't recall seeing that change in the previous 2.1 beta rules, just checking to see if that is a new item or a typo. :)
The archery description on page 17 says bows are "considered two handed weapons when attacking". The December update had replaced this language with them counting as "Great Weapons" for attacking purposes; I think this is a case where that change in verbiage was missed.

In a similar vein, it seems there is no verbiage to indicate that Staves also count as Great Weapons when attacking, so if it's intended for them to still benefit from 1.5x profs, similar verbiage should he added.

Screenshot_20230530_111658_Samsung Notes.jpg

Per the current wording of Oak of the Archmage P.71 it makes it seem seem that it could be used as a "source" for Spark P58. but by this ARC ruling that should not the case. https://alliancelarp.com/forum/thre...e-enhanced-source-question.43677/#post-327942

Suggest adding "tagged" to Spark (2 Normal” using a Tagged source) and non tagged source to OoTA (substitute a Staff as a non tagged Source)

(From v4 draft)
Oak of the Archmage
Passive.
Oak of the Archmage allows a caster to substitute a Staff for a Source, as well as deliver their Channeling attacks and Signature Spells via weapon attacks. The caster must have the Staff Skill to use this ability. Having a staff shattered, lost, or stolen does not end the Oak of the Archmage Effect.

Spark
Scholarly
Passive
Prereq: 15 Scholarly XP
Allows a character to throw “2 Normal” using a source. This damage cannot be increased or modified in any way.

View attachment 3537
View attachment 3538
This has been fixed to show it as two-handed weapons.

Per the current wording of Oak of the Archmage P.71 it makes it seem seem that it could be used as a "source" for Spark P58. but by this ARC ruling that should not the case. https://alliancelarp.com/forum/thre...e-enhanced-source-question.43677/#post-327942

Suggest adding "tagged" to Spark (2 Normal” using a Tagged source) and non tagged source to OoTA (substitute a Staff as a non tagged Source)

(From v4 draft)
Oak of the Archmage
Passive.
Oak of the Archmage allows a caster to substitute a Staff for a Source, as well as deliver their Channeling attacks and Signature Spells via weapon attacks. The caster must have the Staff Skill to use this ability. Having a staff shattered, lost, or stolen does not end the Oak of the Archmage Effect.

Spark
Scholarly
Passive
Prereq: 15 Scholarly XP
Allows a character to throw “2 Normal” using a source. This damage cannot be increased or modified in any way.
Added "This ability does not allow use of a Staff as a Source for the purposes of Spark."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back