Allies in the Final Confrontation - Assulting the Locations

I had someone in mind for that, Briar, but he did not respond to me. I expected that he would do just that, but I gave it a shot anyway.

As an aside, my Master was able to fortify the golems a bit before they were sent, so they're a bit tougher than before.

~ Gandian

I talked to the Empire refugees. They said they didn't have time to outfit anyone but instead gathered a few of their people and headed out for the western front. That's not what I asked them to do and I'm not super sure where they're going, but I guess I'm happy for their help?

Roy

Im not sure where the Boemae assault came from? We had them elsewhere but was there a node still meant ne didnt notify us about?

Asher

I think there's just some geographical confusion going on, and I think they're headed towards the node we think they are.

~ Gandian

Likely the case. I heard from Pratorak and they are willing to send some elite troops, but they have lost 2 Forts over the last few days and their numbers are very thin.

-Asher

The Ghelk are a no go- they are unable to get any help ready in time. Sorry

-Benjamin Bookworm

The Wolfkin tribe is willing to help and I will move with them, unless something else needs our attention we will move to the summon force location as had earlier been indicated on the list I believe.

-York

Correct me if I'm wrong but the wolves heading to the Summoned Force node were Benjamin's trained wolves, not kin. (Yes?) If they are able warriors, you and the Wolfkin tribe could be well used against the King Talon node of curses. Sir Victor or Lord Asher, do you concur?

Squire Fiona

Yes, those are my and Naomi's trained wolves. Or cater-wolves as she's calling them since she knitted them all little antenna headbands.

We have brought the entire pack of 10 to help out where needed.

-Benjamin Bookworm

Ok, looks like we have two sets of wolves then. Excellent. I was thinking that the Wolves of the Valley - the ones that helped us aginst the Corrupt Unicorn, and have recently helped us guard the Valley while we were at the Anvil launching our Shade assault, would accompany York where ever we need them most.

Walk with Honor.
~Victor

Lets see how we are stacking up at this point.

Walk with Honor,
Victor

I checked with the earth guild they are fully engaged in holding the western front, so they don't have additional troops to spare.

Taz spoke with Lord Rothis Thunderstep. The dwarves have gathered a group of honor guards from 8 lords, to generate a group of 24 highly skilled warriors for the effort.

Where would you like them to go?

-Jamina

Gaden - King Talon is busy, and has Duke Idden, and Barron Westguard attending (in full armor).
Pretorak - The Monolithic Coucil reports losing two forts and is willing to send a small group of elite troops (known already).
Roskaria - Will not be sending anyone and are fleeing through the Mist Gate.
Bomae - has found another node that has ritual Earth magic in nature (possibly necromancy as well) and will be sending Bomae regulars to engage (known already).

Charis seems to be missing in action, although the whispering wind I sent went through.
The Vrizit are with us and eager for battle.
The Gnolls are with us and ready in a small group.

The Kendra's Fury is armed and ready with Binks in command.

Walk with Honor,
Victor

Alright, this is a good addition.

York and Panda leading the Greyblades, Wolfkin and Vanguard Regulars and others to King Talon's location is a great addition.

24 honor guards will also be of great service

Duke and the Gnolls as well.

Where shall we send the latter two?

- Asher

Attack on the Giants Reach 5/5:

Tactics:

The Kendra's Fury is armed and ready with "Cotton" cannons (as they have been so named by the crew for their inventor and the large wadding used). Fifteen guns, named for each of the Racial Artifacts and manned by sailors of the Races they represent. The KF will be captained by Gregory Renaldo Binks III. It will have support in transportation by the Marrow so surprise is on our side. The Marrow will also enhance the movement of the ship during combat as well, and concentrate on transporting our troops to the beachhead made by the cannons, and washing would be attackers down river.

Phase one: Kendra's Fury is unleashed on the shoreline to establish a beachhead.
Phase two: Marrow wash a large number of Corrupt down river if they come out for the ship, continue until they stop coming into the water.
Phase three: Marrow transport troops to the shore and the fight continues, KF supporting at range.
Phase four: Additional beach heads and flanking from other groups of tribesmen started such that the Corrupt cannot push any one group back. In the mean time while the Corrupt is coming out and down to the river's edge, Charis attacks from the mountain side, effectively from behind the Corrupt (and can do a flyby for lighting healing near the KF).
Phase five: the push to the cave where the node is. (possibly with Cyclops moving the Cotton Cannons up to the cave if needed as a door breacher)
Phase six: enter the cave with Ophidians, Charis, and Tribesmen with elemental resists still left and destroy the node.

Walk with Honor,
~Victor

Last edited:
Suggest we disbatch the dwarves and gnolls immeadiatly to 18. The area where the adventurers first encountered a large Corrupt node. Difficulty 1/5. Protection Node.
The sett are in trouble alone.

Walk with Honor,
Victor

Assuming we get Charyb to help the Sett, I think only the Gnolls will be necessary to help the Sett. Without Charyb, definitely send the Dwarves as well.

~ Gandian

The Merrow will certainly be helpful defending the ship once it hits land, but I thought the Corrupt were incapable of entering the Great River? I know they can't cross it - that's why they needed the Coatl to fly across. Still probably a good precaution in case they're a little more capable than I'm thinking.

I know I'm repeating myself a lot and I admit I'm probably not impartial in wanting to help out my kin, but I still feel like the assault at Tobor's location could use some assistance. If the Pratorak forces aren't needed elsewhere, I think they could provide both some extra numbers and some discipline to that group. Even half the Pratorak soldiers would go a long way, I think.

Briar

Da assault of the power source near giants walk looks ready to me. Shall I rally the tribe and call on the ophidians in the dreaming?

-Ragnarok

Back