Cabins at HQ Site --- Important!!!

Telokh_Amdo said:
Aven said:
Actually... you know there was one event that was colder than the October event--that was the November event at Lindenmere when we blew out the power for the camp. OMG that was soooo cold. I don't want to be that cold.

That event at Lindenmere was the only time in my (almost) 10 years of NERO/Alliance that I said "F@%# this!" and opted for the hotel.

---Mike E.

Were you ever at the up state NY site....that would make you say F this I quit.... ;)

yeah, that site was crazy cold
I remember the event that certain people were running on top to like 4 feet of snow and the rest of us were plowing our own paths

Yeah, I think the first night at that November Lindenmere event was the coldest night of my life. Ever. It's difficult for me to recall any other experiences that compare to that level of discomfort. Fleece blanket + space heater FTW. Thanks very much for all of the information! Hopefully with all of what sounds to be awesome work being done on site we won't have to consider the option. Cheers! :D

shyacorak said:
I was talking about the site in athol ny
which was like an hour above albany

In one sense I am glad that didn't work out because it led me here to PA where I restarted my life outside of the game and became a lawyer again. Also because the site was falling apart and was not what was represented to me when we moved up there.

In the other sense I am unhappy because the move led to the whole NERO split...

Aaeunnimbus said:
I'm glad i have the best "hotel" option...namely a house just slightly over 30 minutes away... :D

And how much does this "hotel" go for? ;)

I hear ya Mike,
but there were some real cool aspects to that site
I liked the private rooms
and the space
the tavern was pretty kewl too

shyacorak said:
I hear ya Mike,
but there were some real cool aspects to that site
I liked the private rooms
and the space
the tavern was pretty kewl too

Our new tavern is cooler, and the woods are prettier, and the longer term plans call for private rooms and small cabins for couples.

Remember -- FP owns this site, all the people in FP play too, and we all want the same things you do!!!

Yeah, you can tell I was new at that event... my parents live 15 minutes from Lindenmere and I opted to... of course... stay on site. That was INSANELY cold.

Ha ha! I found the place where you can get the sleeping bag warmers.

http://www.warmers.com/Category.aspx?Cat=2&pkey=Warmer+Accessories&pval=2&pIds=CategoryID

So now I will have a nice warm bed to go into... that definitely makes me happy. Now I got to figure out a way to sleep where my nose and face is warm, but my head isn't under a cover. I need "fresh air" when I go to sleep but yet when the air is super cold, your nose gets all cold. I am contemplating one of those super ski face masks that lets you get fresh air but covers your nose. Not sure on that yet. April will be the experiment.

Who knows, maybe it will be balmy in early April and all this will be moot.

J

Aven said:
Ha ha! I found the place where you can get the sleeping bag warmers.

http://www.warmers.com/Category.aspx?Cat=2&pkey=Warmer+Accessories&pval=2&pIds=CategoryID

So now I will have a nice warm bed to go into... that definitely makes me happy. Now I got to figure out a way to sleep where my nose and face is warm, but my head isn't under a cover. I need "fresh air" when I go to sleep but yet when the air is super cold, your nose gets all cold. I am contemplating one of those super ski face masks that lets you get fresh air but covers your nose. Not sure on that yet. April will be the experiment.

Who knows, maybe it will be balmy in early April and all this will be moot.

J

This sounds weird, but if you put those little hand-warmer packet thingys in your pillowcase, and take them out before you actually lay down, your nose doesn't get cold, and you don't smother either. I'm the same way with Fresh air when I sleep.

Back