Dark Elf Hypothetical Question

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Would there ever be a reason why a Dark Elf would want to take a government position over other overlanders? Other than for the superiority and allowing one to be in a position of power to have an additional advantage, would a Dark Elf consider it beneath him to work in a government position (i.e., Magistrate or Sherrif)?

Thanks!

wouldn't that be based on:
1) your individual characters' RP and goals
2) your local chapters Dark Elf culture/society and its ties to other governments?

The Traverse City chapter has had a dark elf sheriff, so knowing that it has been done, see no reason why they can't. He is now no longer sheriff, but squire.

All and can say is "Be All That You Can't Be" it's RP

I think the dark elf made for a very effective sheriff. They seem to naturally like order of some kind and depending on the character, the power thing might make for some interestin RP.

Just about any race could join their local government depending on the local plot and your character's history.

It is unusual for certain races to do so, but it's not unheard of. I'm a Mystic Wood Elf magistrate in Ashbury!

Indeed. Alliance NJ has two Mystic Wood Elves in high ranks within their system. It all depends on your characters own history/actions and the local chapter's plot.

It would depend on your character and on the race packet, as people have said.

Reactions by other dark elves could range from you being seen as somewhat of an outsider, to you being completely ostracized, to you becoming a traitor to your race that needs to die.

Dark Elf politics in general are very delicate and you'd need to be very careful in how you proceed. But yes, it could be done. It could make for some very tense and fun roleplaying.

Scott

Marcena said:
The Traverse City chapter has had a dark elf sheriff, so knowing that it has been done, see no reason why they can't. He is now no longer sheriff, but squire.

Wait, Crow isn't Sheriff anymore? Why can't one be both? The Sheriff of Lindall was just Squired, for example.

I guess what I am looking for is what would the typical dark elf reaction be to one of their own being a sherrif. Thanx!

Dr_Chill said:
I guess what I am looking for is what would the typical dark elf reaction be to one of their own being a sherrif. Thanx!

I think Scott gave the best answer any one individual can give on a question like that. For any racial reaction it's going to vary greatly by the individual performing the initial action (in this case trying to be come a surface noble or being a sheriff), the individual of that race reacting and of course the circumstances around the idea or event being reacted to.

What I'm surprised neither Tieren or Zymm have said yet is "FOIG"... because really, that's what it comes down to. Those reactions are entirely IG.

FOIG

happy?

Oh yeah... I also forgot that it's going to vary widely from chapter to chapter.

I'm happier... we just need Zymm to pipe in and my life will be complete :lol:

That I can't do much about...

ah well... just have to return you for a newer model then...

Whatever... they don't make me like they used to...

Now they use SCIENCE!

as opposed to what when you were... um... invented? ;)

exactly

I think the whole point here is he doesn't want to create a character and play it, to have his race trying to kill him......unless thats exactly what he wants hehehe

This topic was fine until you called Justin aka hijack topic Doheney ;)

Back