Dark Elf Hypothetical Question

the whole thing had already been dealt with by the time I started posting nonsense on it...

if people want answers to questions other than the ones they post they should post those questions too ;-)

If a dark elf is a sheriff or other position in the surface world, it's very likely they would be excluded from certain racial business or secrets, as it would be a conflict of interest.

Personally, my dark elf PC would be very wary of any dark elf that took up such a position. He wouldn't hunt them down and kill them and would still talk to them, but he would certainly view them with caution and some disdain. He certainly wouldn't trust them with true dark elven matters.

Scott

personally.....i think it varies from chapter to chapter and character to character...i do NOT play a dark elf but as a modern day human if i knew what my character knows or...something like that.....

there are some dark elves that if all of a sudden i saw them as a sherrif i'd be like WHAT THE HECK???? is the nobility on KITTY CRACK??? that guy is SO not sherrif material!!! there are others that if i suddenly saw them as sherrif I might go "oooh i guess i better behave now" and even others that i might say "uhhh sherrif? hmmm okay"

so i think its individual there is no one answer for all dark elves in all of fortannis

Well while we are on the matter of Dark Elves what do people think of a Dark Elf bard? I mean I get the sense that people expect all Dark Elves to be brooding and sort of emo and disconnected with everyone but is it somehow bad RP to have a Dark Elf that while holding those of his/her own race as the most important is willing to have a laugh and sing for a tavern?

Wow... if my dark elf met an Emo dark elf, she'd kill him to put him out of his self-inflicted misery.

Its likely that there are Dark Elven bards. However, the nature of the songs to most would still be considered "off flavor" for most/all other races and would likely not gain a good following, due to the likely-detached nature of said music. And, if the songs are based off their own history, its not likely to last long before said bard finds themself wondering why things got dark all of a sudden and they woke in a circle, if at all.

it would make me laugh to see a singing dark elf!! i'd love it!

Dreamingfurther said:
Well while we are on the matter of Dark Elves what do people think of a Dark Elf bard? I mean I get the sense that people expect all Dark Elves to be brooding and sort of emo and disconnected with everyone but is it somehow bad RP to have a Dark Elf that while holding those of his/her own race as the most important is willing to have a laugh and sing for a tavern?

The dark elves in HQ are not brooding or Emo at all. We laugh and joke all the time...mostly at you.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:

I've seen it; and when done "correctly" it can be not only moving, but completely in character. A few years ago one of the Ryujima members (I'm tempted to say it was Beca, but I think it was before she first played her DE) entered one of Hannah's singing competitions and sang a very skilled opera piece (in another language to boot). None of us actually understood it (afaik), but the artistry was evident to just about everyone.

Saephis said:
Its likely that there are Dark Elven bards. However, the nature of the songs to most would still be considered "off flavor" for most/all other races and would likely not gain a good following, due to the likely-detached nature of said music. And, if the songs are based off their own history, its not likely to last long before said bard finds themself wondering why things got dark all of a sudden and they woke in a circle, if at all.

I have met one! And he is in good standing as a bard in Wayside. But I don't think "Molly Malone" is that sad of a song!

Marcena said:
Saephis said:

I have met one! And he is in good standing as a bard in Wayside. But I don't think "Molly Malone" is that sad of a song!

Standing on the table was a nice touch!

A Dark Elf bard would not have to ask for everyones attention. A Dark Elf would have it when they crossed the threshold. Those who have previously met Dark Elves would be wise to listen intently. As for emo..... well they have most likely met few Dark Elves. Dark Elves are one race that do not let the cultures or presence of others effect their veiws and or ideals. Those differences make them stand out from others. Good, Evil, Crude, or Artistic, it's all about Honor and for the Glory of House and Race.

EC-JP said:
Tzydl Zhitelava said:

I've seen it; and when done "correctly" it can be not only moving, but completely in character. A few years ago one of the Ryujima members (I'm tempted to say it was Beca, but I think it was before she first played her DE) entered one of Hannah's singing competitions and sang a very skilled opera piece (in another language to boot). None of us actually understood it (afaik), but the artistry was evident to just about everyone.

She would have been singing in German, most likely, if it was Rebecca.

musika dein gatz leiblich kunzt

Telokh_Amdo said:
EC-JP said:
Tzydl Zhitelava said:

She would have been singing in German, most likely, if it was Rebecca.

I'm pretty sure it was Becca. I have no idea what language she was singing in.

As long as she ain't singing "Control Dark Elf by voice." I hate that song.

Scott

uhhh i don't speak anything except english and pig latin

Duke Frost said:
As long as she ain't singing "Control Dark Elf by voice." I hate that song.

Scott

Control Dark Elf by voice KNEEL! :eek:

is there really such a thing?? in game ...control (insert race) by voice "(insert command)"

Back