Dream Magic Item

since there is no universal way to determine the worth of an item other than "what X person is willing to pay" I don't see the problem.

Agahi said:
Perm catalyst- 2 npc events 500 gobbies

This one is incorrect TJ.

Its one event and 500 gobbies for the Perm Cat.

And I think the cost for the Perm scroll is wrong, but I'd have to go look at my notes.

I think it is supposed to be 4 events and 500 gobbies, not 5.

yeah, pretty much been said, but ritual items are worth what someone is willing to pay. I've gotten a DA for 20 gold before, and I've seen one go for 150. That shows the range of prices. You also should figure in the price for a ritual caster, which again can vary a lot (for example, I change my price based on the flaws and backlashes on the scrolls and how bad they would be for me if something goes horribly wrong). It def helps if you start getting chumy with people, then they're more willing to help you out (good news, sun already likes you). Good luck!

It's all up to the market where you're trying to get them.

I once managed to get a permanence and cat for only 30 gold in an auction. That's what happens when a reserve isn't set and no one else has any coin on them at the time.

I've also seen just the perm scroll go for 500 gold.

Yeah, I've actually never seen anyone buy or sell a Channel scroll, but 15g is the value I've seen set for a fair price to buy it out of a loot pile for everyone to split, and even then both times it was a group of players who were all friendly towards each other. Honestly, anyone who gets their hands on a Channel scroll pretty much keeps it once it's theirs.

tieran said:
Agahi said:

You wanted it to be 4 events however it was not changed. It remains 5 events to get the scroll from the NPC list.

Vry_Young_Pup said:
What's the difference between preserve and permanence? And you have a good point about the Monster Slayer.

So there's no rough estimate how much gold a sword with +2 Damage Aura, Earth Aura, Spirit Lock, Spell Strike Earth Storm, and Preserve/Perm cost?

Preserve also does not need a cat but Permanence does. That's the plus side.

I'll get this back on topic. ;)

On a wand: Enhance Wand (All), Greater Wand +3, Arcane Armor 30, Subjugate 1/day, Charm 1/day.

Each casting of an Enhanced Wand adds one element. So you just made a 7 rit item :)

I figure Lightening and Flame affect pretty much everything... plus now I can throw elemental lightening packets at Kainen and not get in too much trouble. :lol:

phedre said:
Each casting of an Enhanced Wand adds one element. So you just made a 7 rit item :)

I figure Lightening and Flame affect pretty much everything... plus now I can throw elemental lightening packets at Kainen and not get in too much trouble. :lol:

Thats not true- you can cast Enhance Wand with a scaled difficulty to add 1, 2 or 3 additional elements. The difficulty and reagent scales work like Damage Aura.

tieran said:
Agahi said:

And I think the cost for the Perm scroll is wrong, but I'd have to go look at my notes.

And that would be LCO.

Yes.

tieran said:
Agahi said:

I was close :)

Tempest said:
Libras, make sure you let all the MWE in Vandlar know you have the charm 1/d spirit linked to you... ;)
That brings up the question, would they also mind the Subjugate? Can't walk around Zarden without tripping on sentient constructs now-a-days. :lol:

Actually I just started to talk about Subjugate to one of my MWE friends. I didn't like the idea, and I'm sure they would definitely hate it if there was a spirit in the construct. But that's another fun grey area. :)

Oh, who doesn't like arguing with a MWE wether using a charm or subjugate to get a friend away from the bad guy is really a bad thing?

One of my benny NPCs had arcane charms, and a MWE looked at me like I was the coming of the antichrist when I used one on a PC who was charmed to the weekend big bad. Oops.

Back