Elves

Oh, But they can use pole arms just fine?

What if it was a really really thin two-handed sword?

Theo Zhounil said:
Oh, But they can use pole arms just fine?

What if it was a really really thin two-handed sword?

You know, I could probably make a naginata that would blur the line between a sword with a long handle and a pole with a short handle. Actually, it would pretty much just be that weird pole-sword from the LOTR movies...

Dooby dooby doo.

*heads off to the hardware store*

Hey, could I use a nylon pole as a polearm core?

The difference between the Two handed sword and the Polearm, from a rules perspective, is in whether or not it has a open cell head attached to it.

That and the length, both the overall length and the grip size. There is some overlap for the overall length, but only two inches. And of course the grip sizes are maximums only, so there is overlap there.

So if you made a 61" long weapon with a 40" long "blade" section. It could at that point be confused for either a polearm, or a two handed sword. However, as soon as you either put or did not put a foam head on it, it would become either a polearm or a two handed sword (or two handed blunt, depending on how big the head is).

Elves do rock.... this is why I'm in the process of going through a race change to elf.... lotsa work from what I've seen but will be so worth it.

The way to tell the difference at that point is the required 18" length of strictly pipe foam between the bottom of the polearm head and the grip area. If it doesn't have that, then it's a sword.

Back