Flavor Spells!

Fynwei

Squire
This is slightly acceptable out of this category, but oh well... it'll probably tangent if it doesn't die.

What is the funniest flavor spell you've heard?

My Favorite - Voice Radius: Life Gas Poison!

In the first years of Nero they had alot of funky spells:

Comprehend Languages: I call upon the wisdom of ages to comprehend languages

I've heard rumors of fractional, cheese based slays.....

A friend of mine once had a classic blown incant:

"I summon a mystic to shatter your--F*%K!"

This was followed up in a subsequent event when a strangely dressed spellcaster arrived in town, found my friend, and cast a spell on her: "I summon a force to shatter your f*%k. Sorry I took so long!"

I think my favorite miscant was Cortni (as Iqmoks ~60 levels of Alchemy) throwing a meeblefind gas poison...

6 of us stopped midcombat and just kinda watched the packet arc through the air...

and then just kinda stared at her...

You'd think with those kind of levels she'd get her verbals right...

LOL meeblefind.

tieran said:
I think my favorite miscant was Cortni (as Iqmoks ~60 levels of Alchemy) throwing a meeblefind gas poison...

6 of us stopped midcombat and just kinda watched the packet arc through the air...

and then just kinda stared at her...

You'd think with those kind of levels she'd get her verbals right...

Did she find any meebles?

Never... she's still waiting as far as I know...

LOL darkwing!! i've heard of that story!! I summon a mystic to shatter your F*&#!

a friend of mine played the mystic who showed up later!!! D'OH!! wish that was on video!

"I call upon the earth to cure curious wounds."

And since it was someone on the dark elf team, they took plenty of ribbing for it.

One time, I was fighting undead and I said "I call upon the earth to cause wounds". I guess my mind was thinking "this will cause damage" or something, or maybe I had been NPCing necromancers too much. As you may guess, it got some looks and comments from others around who may have only heard the last part (since I was a noble) and I had to explain that it was a blown verbal!

I disarmed Lord Jonathan's pants and feathers in the same casters tournament last year. obviously that doesn't work, but i think it did piss him off a little that i tried it.

Fearless Leader said:
One time, I was fighting undead and I said "I call upon the earth to cause wounds". I guess my mind was thinking "this will cause damage" or something, or maybe I had been NPCing necromancers too much. As you may guess, it got some looks and comments from others around who may have only heard the last part (since I was a noble) and I had to explain that it was a blown verbal!

Haha I knew Eros was all about the chaos! :lol:

Justin H-

Hehe... disarm his feathers.

People always joked about shattering my gypsy's skirts. I don't recall it ever happening though.

paythin said:
Fearless Leader said:

Haha I knew Eros was all about the chaos! :lol:

Justin H-

...except this was Lord Montfern up in Ravenholt in the early days!

I once played a "part" of a very large chaos/lightning dragon, I lucked out and got the casting "center". At this point in time I was still fairly new to the spells. So I wrote all the incants on my arms, but things like... "I call upon chaos to... (looks at arm) what the hell does that say?!?"

"I summon upon the powers of chaos to curse you with weekenss!"

"Dragon's Breath!" ehhh.... "I call a Dragon's Breath!" Damn!

"I curse you with..... (iritated LARPer yells rude comment at me) shutting the F^#$ UP!!!

it makes a newbie like me happy to know that even the fearless leader can make big funny mistakes!!! YAY...sorry but...I just love that its going to be okay the first few times I mess up!Hopefully it won't ruin everyone around me's weekend.

Ahhh yes the infamous "With mystic force I .... Sh*#!" Also not a blown verbal but was beatiful casting:

Caster: "I summon a force to disarm your puppy!"
NPC: "....but I don't have a puppy"
Caster: "True! But you ain't got a spell shield either, now!"

Back