Food for April: POTLUCK EDITION!

Jovunn

Adept
A lot of the AGB food staff are unavailable or on the fence about the April event; as such food for this gather will be an in AND out of game potluck. The more food we bring, the easier this is.

If you're interested in participating, please give us the following information:
1. What you would like to bring and approximately how many people it can serve.
2. If you would like to volunteer in the kitchen and which shifts/what duties you'd like to perform.
3. If you are able to bring storage/heating apparatuses, i.e. a crock pot.

If you are planning on attending the April event and have a serious food allergy, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make necessary modifications.

BREAKFAST
-Tyson Weis - BACON!!!
-Joe Siegel - fruits.
-Tom Wilson - approx. four dozen eggs.

DINNER
-Donna Hellmuth - chicken/sausage jambalaya.
-Frisco - stew.
-Frisco - vegetarian stew.
-Kris Kitts - ground beef with serrano peppers, onions... ten. pounds. of ground beef.

SNACKS/DESSERTS
-Collin Babcock - CHOCOLATE!!!
-Joe Siegel - assorted nuts and stuffs.
-Angel Belford - chili.
-Tom Wilson - really, really spicy chili for the adventurous eater.
-Angel Belford - pie cake.

DRINKS
-Kyle Spriggle - root beer and cream soda.
-Joe Siegel - coffee.
-Frisco - asst. drinks.
-Angel - hot cocoa.

CROCK POTS
-Angel Belford
-Frisco
-Team King of Prussia.
-Collin Babcock.

ASST. OTHER KITCHEN THINGS
-Team King of Prussia - coffee filters.

KITCHEN VOLUNTEERS

FRIDAY NIGHT; 11 PM - 2 AM
SATURDAY MORNING; 9 AM - 1 PM
-Donna Hellmuth
-Frank Coyne
-Frisco Cruise
SATURDAY EVENING; 4 PM - 7 PM
-Donna Hellmuth
-Angel Belford
-Kris Kitts
-Frisco Cruise
SUNDAY MORNING; 9 AM - 1 PM
-Donna Hellmuth
-Frank Coyne
-Frisco Cruise

As previously reported, another 20 pounds of bacon will be on hand for the next event.

Also, 40 lbs of chicken breasts (boneless/skinless), 10 lbs of mild Italian sausage grillers (not sure what the 'grillers' part means), 12 lbs of turkey ham, and 10 lbs of ground beef (85/15) the beef has been claimed in the name of ... food have been ordered for the chapter this season/year.

I expect we'll be freezing this stuff (we pick it up on the 26th) but if people in my area could use some of this for their dishes, I'd be happy to arrange a delivery or pickup.

I'm going to bring a TON of either meatballs or ground beef with onions and probably serrano peppers for some oomph.

I think it's only appropriate for Zara to show up with a big meaty carcass of some kind, though I don't know what yet. Give me ideas and I'll let you know for sure closer to the event.

I will make a large amount of stew, and possibly dumplings (though far less dumplings. They take forever.)

Ill try for sausage and dumplings. If staffs cool with it will bring non alcoholic beer cause we masked folks are evidently beer snobs

Actually, considering Zara's culture and the nearby lake, I'll bring something appropriately fishy. Likely not shellfish, though, as I'm aware of at least one allergic person.

Kyle - you could just bring root beer to avoid any issue? Additionally, can you clarify if the sausage is dinner-wurst or breakfasty?

Rootbeers fine. And which would you prefer. Im just going with rothredan tradition

No preference and it's up to you! :] I just think knowing which will help us plan the meals themselves.

I was actually going to bring root beer and call it "Rothedran Sweet Beer."

However, if you use beer in cooking, I would think it was alright so long as you were very very very sure it was all cooked off.

I was going to get a quarter keg of odouls. Tell a what my mask wearing cousin. You bring root beer ill bring some birch beer etc. We cover the bases that way?

Something to be aware of - O'dhouls and other "non alcoholic" beers are not truly that. They still have a not-insignificant amount of alcohol in them.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/5

see the address above for a listing of percentages.

Noted. well then big bens birch beers and cream sodas it shall be. Bear snobs wearing masks unite

*WARNING* There are players whom play regularly that have Seafood, Allergies, Please if you have a Allergy to a food and it is sever IE please note it.

Noted. Thank you, Chad.

Additionally, I think I'm going to hide an iHome in the tavern and play a continuous stream of in-period music, if there are no objections.

Hello all,
Sorry for not making the opener. Affairs came up. I will however be around the next event. Why place that here? Well I am all for food on site. I will try and grab some fruit and mixed nuts as well as coffee (does anyone have a coffee pot that will be there?) Also do we need plates and cups etc or are those in place? I really have no idea what is the sites versus what the crew usually brings etc. Someone give me and idea and I will try and fill in gaps where I can. However I love seeing so many people jump on this.

Joe Siegel
all around mean person

Yay, Joe! Thanks for chipping in. I'm not sure as to what dishes and stuff belong to the site and what is brought by players - can someone (Chad? Rich?) please clarify?

We just need to keep an eye on who else RSVP's for this event to make sure no one in attendance has any severe nut allergies.

I can answer that... There are plates, pans, cups, silverware and a coffee maker there. You will need to bring coffee filters.

Back