Good Friends of Wayside!

Friends,

Once I returned from taking care of the things that had called me away, I found Kalin and Dramthin highly distraught... Upon finding out that there had been a battle with an undead and a caravan of Roma burnt.... I was as well brought down.... Kalin told me first that the bodies upon being found had been desecrated... Dramthin confirmed this act had occured before he had arrived....

Who ever disrespected the bodies of those who's spirits were taken from this plane should be more that ashamed... they should be down right guilty. Acts such as this bring me to anger. NO ONE should ever disrespect some one after they have clearly died defending their family... Especially from undead. I know nothing of this Lady Death but, I do know that horrible acts of desecration on the part of the people cleaning up the scene were no batter than that of a lich.

My deep condolences to the surviving Roma of the Domari, and those who knew Lady Vadoma Drabardi Lyuba Josephina Nadya Tsura Domari. I wish I had had that chance to meet her.

Joseph Thatcher and the GFW did arrive on the scene to help protect the bodies of the Rom caravan from being Created. For that, I suppose, I should be thankful. Even though their hatred drove them to act horribly in regards to Lyuba's body, they still understood the greater enemy was Lady Death and her creations. I continue to hope they will recognize the Rom, more than anyone else, are the focus of the undead attacks and not the instigation.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Q'uest que c'est? Rom being harried by undead simply for having Rom blood? Rampant 'atred against same said folk for same said raison? Dis ting be no so good, Ah'm tinking. Mebbe ol' Raif he be needin' to be takin' a lil ol' strole dan le mists to take a gander at d'is place and see if he can' straighten out a few ting what need it, nyah? Sounds like tahm to get de bateau in der water and see if he can' be findin' such troubles, uhn huhn. Dunno how long it take, but he be dere when 'e can.

Great!

Can't we get rid of yall? when are yall gonna git it? your responsible for the towns undead problems. Im glad this time your kind had to pay for it instead of the good folks around here.

Joe Tatcher

(A darkness seems to fall over the dreams)

Lyuba... Lyuba.... Ahh yes, Lyuba.... One who's name means, "love of Fortannis shall bring hope to the light of dawn" At least that is what she told me as I took away her last breath... She was quite a challenge to me... putting up such a fight as I destroyed her family one by one, tearing them apart for my own pleasure. I started with her younger brothers.... quick and swift before any one could react... then her mother and father, ripping them to shreds as my undead ripped into their caravan. I would not be satisfied until the blood of every last Gypsy splattered on the ground. No mercy for any one.... not from me.

Idiot thought she could stop me. Although powerful as she may have been, her neck snapped like a twig with in my claws. I loved the way she writhed from the pain on the ground before me. It even brought me a smile...

Fortunately, for you whelps... she left me in a weakened state. That stupid woman was the only reason I was taken down so easily... No matter, once resurrection is a small price to pay to see you all die at my hands. Soon you shall all feel the wrath of my claws, and not even the love of Fortannis will be able to save you.

May your spirits and bodies be corrupt,
The one you call Lady Death.

(light begins to return)

Hennessy, we have law we must speak of on this matter if you could contact me when you get the chance.

Lady Death, as I and my companions dispatched of your attack so lightly, I would watch your tongue, you are and have never been safe in this land. Hide where you must,that hiding place won't last long enough for you. I have a very long life span, and I've dedicated a portion of it to making sure your existence on this plane will cease to exist. I look forward to our next meeting so that i can make you feel the pains you put me through this last market day.

Kalin
Arbor Earth guild apprentice
Undead Hunter

*a whisper barely audible*

The elf who gave the bane away speaks.... yet he was not among those... he should be punished for his brash voice... yes he shall be first to be broken.

I really hate it when that happens. I have yet to find a case where a voice from nowhere is ever good news. They talking 'bout you, Silverblade?

Dramthin Hartsboon

Pardon my ignorance but who might 'Silverblade' be? Just curious, I have never heard the name referenced before.

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Member to the Order of the Earthen Fist.

It may be my mistake. I seem to remember, from a time before The Void, that Kalin fought under moniker 'Silverblade' - might be that my memory is betraying me. At any rate, as he's one of the only brothers around, and I've never owned such a magical item let alone given one away, I figured it was him.

Dramthin Hartsboon

yes, this voice speaks about me, but i do not know what bane it speaks of, unless they speak of the armor I had that has since lost its magical properties. I was, however, present at the demise of Lady Death, and watched as "she" attempted to flee like a scared rodent at the sight of the town rallied against her.

Yes Dramthin, it is a title I still go by, though I believe it is still Silverhilt since i have not yet finished my training. Unfortunately, I have not spoken to my mentor in some time, and wonder if he has gone to the great beyond.

Why would anyone refer to your armor as... "the bane"?

Simeon Rice

Hey now, folks. I think ya'll be a mite hard on Joe Thatcher there ( he's a good fella, you know?) I aint in no GFW, but i know he's just doing his best to keep us free of them undead that gypsies are always bringin with 'em. I heard that gypsies even use curses on poor folks. Dreadful if'n you ask me (curse everyone they come across, you know?)Glad to hear everyone happy with this Lady Death having to ressurect, though. Nothing but trouble these undead are (with a name like Lady Death, you know she's up to no good, you know?). Undead and gypsies. Hand in hand. Everyone knows that. Down right shame, if'n you ask me.

Doug Pepper
Corn Rancher

Rancher Pepper, Romani and undead do NYE walk hand in hand! We are even more suseptible to their attacks and do nye go 'round cursing people without cause like we were fae or something! Lady Death shall die fore'er soon. We all know that. I respect Joe Thatcher for doing him best to protect him town, but as far as him disrespecting the death of a person be her Roma or nye...that I can nye accept.

stop denying it and start proving it you dirty swine I have at my disposal a race change scroll I will willing use on you to remove your filth.

Walk in the Light

Brother Cole

Hey now, must we childishly throw about name calling? It's true yes as far as the people of Briar Pass have seen, the Gypsies bring undead, but I hardly believe that race changing some one against their will is necessary. I'm sure if we all work together we'll figure this all out... right now all I can ask is for you all to be patient with one another, including Marcena, cause she is an adventurer as much as the rest of us and, I'm sure, doing all she can right now.

Let's just be mindful of everyone, at least til things can be figured out completely.

Brother Cole do nye threaten me with such awful things! Who are you to want to strip something like that from me! Think what you will, but remember who stuck her neck out when the time had come to rid your lands of Quassim! I know nye of thy customs, mister, but back where I am from, when someone is willing to fight, die, even to kill to fulfill a cause for you YOU USE THEIR BLOODY NAME! It is nye just I you insult, it is those who also fight to rid your lands of their blight. Shut your high-minded jabber and fight your own battles and be done with Marcena and all her fratello and sorella!

I am truly sorry, Eldandiril, but I have ne'er in all my life been threatened so dastardly! So base! He tries to defile me with him words.

Brother Cole, do you truly believe that gypsies are responsible for the coming of the undead?
I have heard rumors of this since my first travels, and I will forever regard them as naught but rumors.
You would condemn an entire society for superstitious whispers? You would alter their forms against their will?
Perhaps YOU should "Walk in the Light" and realize the error of your judgment. Such action would do little to serve the Light.

May these shadows fail to the light of wisdom,
Wolfram Eisenberg

Back