High Orc Tusks

Most of Coggin's characters "produce" some form of useful material...

I am in no way responsible for the trail of broken glass and poison behind me lol. ;)

I really like the concept of the chin tusks. I saw Tetsu last weekend and he looked great. However would it be possible to make them daintier for a female high orc?

Tetsu said:
I am in no way responsible for the trail of broken glass and poison behind me lol. ;)

lolz that could depend on what you mean by "produce". If getting them thrown at oneself is "producing"... :D

P.S. I think Tetsu was looking fantastic at the last event! Can't wait to see ya in HQ bro.

ToNoah said:
I really like the concept of the chin tusks. I saw Tetsu last weekend and he looked great. However would it be possible to make them daintier for a female high orc?

Tetsu's tusks are smaller than the normal ones. I have been toying with the idea of making a smaller set that would be glue-ons. I could probably cut them down a bit more too in order to get the tusks to look 'dainty'.

For each new prostectic, it takes me a few hours of sculpting and then a couple days to make the mold for it. That, and the actual pouring of the tusks tend to make my place a terrible mess. So right now I"m enjoying living in a clean apartment for a change - which also means I finally get to work on some stuff for myself. :)

I'll probably have the new tusks done by the end of June.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Neither Orcs nor Ogres have pig noses AFAIK.

I believe it dates back to D&D or something.

Tolkien's orcs were degenerate bandy legged humanoids who were, unfortunately, somewhat thinly veiled racial stereotypes. D&D Orcs may have originated the pig thing, and the Warhammer orcs are where we get the green orcs from.

Actually just to be a purist... Tolkien orcs originally were twisted and corrupted Elves. By Melkor back in the first age... ;) But its not a big deal, I think you sort of have to look for it to find racist strains in them, I honestly never heard that before.

Unless you want to have a pig nose gypsie curse that is. :)

Fearless Leader said:
No pig noses in the Alliance for orcs. Sorry....

So it's a no-go for this for a high Orc, even in green?

screamteamorder_2055_1561024this

Okay, wait a minute, since when could I not have a character with a strange deformity? As such why (if pictured high orc was more clearly green) would that not be allowed for a high orc? That's awesome prosthetic and definitely clearly identifies you as your race. Where does it say that you can't have strange deformities like a big nose? Maybe you just got smashed in the nose as a kid...

Dreamingfurther said:
Okay, wait a minute, since when could I not have a character with a strange deformity? As such why (if pictured high orc was more clearly green) would that not be allowed for a high orc? That's awesome prosthetic and definitely clearly identifies you as your race. Where does it say that you can't have strange deformities like a big nose? Maybe you just got smashed in the nose as a kid...

We once had someone posting here who wanted to have a beak on a biata too.

I worry about allowing "variances" of the races...and then having to deal with each individual variance which may be accepted in one chapter and not in another and so on. Rather not open that can of worms.

I don't worry so much about the tusks out of the chin - say we had somebody who for dental reasons couldn't stick friendly plastic in their mouths. I'm not crazy about the look of it, but with those and being painted green you're clearly an orc.

I'm with Mike about the pig nose though.

I wholeheartedly disagree - I look at that mask, and by painted green, it fufills all requirements of the Orc makeup. It also doesn't go -against- any of the racial stuff. In my head -that's- an orc.

I can understand being against biatas with beaks, but they shouldn't have them anyway - the only thing that biata have are feathers and a claw hand. There is nothing in the packet that states they should look anything like a bird otherwise. However, I think its unfair to limit someone to painting their face green if they would want to use a prosthetic like this, because everyone -knows- what they are.

2 cents.
-Ali

For what it's worth, the above prostectic comes in two pieces so you could have just the lower jaw on it. In addition, it is foam latex which means it can be cut to remove the nose area if you still want the brow ridges - although then I suppose the brow ridges are under the same thing as the pig nose - a 'deformity' in the natural facial structure

I'd accept the chinpiece for either high orc or high ogre, I don't really care about the nose. If you're willing to spend the oog money for a prosthetic that good that makes the game look that much better you'll find me very forgiving. High orc and ogre requirements are either green or yellow makeup and tusks... meet those requirements and don't have horns/wings/etc and I will accept you as a PC High Orc/Ogre, just don't hold NPCs to that standard unless you can afford to donate enough to every chapter so that they can buy 5-8 of the same prosthetics. (Yes, that's a dare, I WANT these masks)

-toddo

Back