Humans

Duke Frost said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
I always had a problem with Tiriflorn's beard. I never met him IG but whenever I was around conversation about him I would always refer to him as a Dwarf. When people would ask me OOG "Why?", I would refer to the the fact that Fake Beard = Dwarf.

---Mike E.
Tiriflorn/Jesse stopped wearing the beard because of this issue.

Scott

I must have missed that, or else I just wasn't around when he came IG beardless.

I don't ever recall seeing Tirfalorn in a beard in game. I recall seeing his photo with it in the rule book, but never while we actually played.

Dreamingfurther said:
Well, for the sake of getting things back to where they started in some cases (though not nearly all)
Humans Rock

Yes, they do. Thank you for putting us back on track.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Gypsies are better.
Much better fashion sense.

And a racial which makes people do stupid things.

Now humans are ok....
But kinda plain....

Except Ivan
Ivan isnt just water
He's holy water
(read that joke somewhere on the boards)
~Erica

silly round-ears

Alor said:
silly round-ears

I need prosthetics and/or make-up...as anyone who's seen my characters can tell.

Yes, you have them laid out quite nicely in chibi avatars! :)

And I am in full agreement with Erica there. Gypsies FTW!

Out of all my characters, my gypsy is the one who leaves me the most exhausted after a weekend. Takes a lot of energy to be so happy, flirty, busy, dancey and well... energetic. My other ones are a breeze compared to Kheri. LOL. And those two are my combatants!

My first character is human but If I start a second it will not be
not that there is anything wrong with humans but I would want it to be vastly diffrent from my first that there would be no doubt that it is indeed a new character
(and still be able to use my green chainmail that took me a long while to make)

FW

Ya know, I play a human the OTHER 5 days a week. Boring!

But yes, holding onto that accent for an entire weekend can at times be an exercise in futility. It does though have the advantage of there being a very noticeable line during the odd IC/OOC cabin moments.

wow green chain mail, that sounds really cool. How did you get it to be green? What material is it made of?

*thinks... so much for the human element of this thread* *chuckles*

Frank Wiccan said:
My first character is human but If I start a second it will not be
not that there is anything wrong with humans but I would want it to be vastly diffrent from my first that there would be no doubt that it is indeed a new character
(and still be able to use my green chainmail that took me a long while to make)

FW

Remember, you can change your first character after the first time play it. Something as simple as a single skill to changing race and class completely. Watch everybody at your first game and see what you like. Bowen might work better as something other than Human. Leave the possiblities open.

Dreamingfurther said:
wow green chain mail, that sounds really cool. How did you get it to be green? What material is it made of?

*thinks... so much for the human element of this thread* *chuckles*

You can get anodized rings in almost any color (and metal) imaginable now-days.

I use http://www.theringlord.com

Lugo said:
But yes, holding onto that accent for an entire weekend can at times be an exercise in futility. It does though have the advantage of there being a very noticeable line during the odd IC/OOC cabin moments.

I love my accents/voices like I love my prosthetics. Finding the voice helps me find the character and the prosthetics help. I do a sort of Arabic accent for my desert Sarr, Kalaji, and I can't get the voice right unless I'm wearing the prosthetic! Without the mask I sound like a cheesy Gypsy.

Madcap is Cockney. Telokh is monotone. Gyps sounds sort of like a cross between Yoda and the Skeksis from DARK CRYSTAL (and he even walks like a Muppet, bobbing up and down with each step).

Prosthetics/Make-up, Accent, Body Language. These are all things you can use to make each character unique. Every one of my characters looks, speaks and moves differently. This is the advice I give to anyone looking to make their characters unique, even when playing Humans. (See, I brought it back on-topic :p )

<<< Except Ivan
Ivan isnt just water
He's holy water >>>

Heh-heh-heh.... thanks, Erica, but I think I'm probably less "holy" than Glorianna!

Oh, and humans?

(.... wait for it.....)

rock.

i have friends who play humans but yeah...for me its ....sorta weird...i am only playing a gypsy because its most like me...but if i could play a human it wouldn't be like me....is that weird?

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
i have friends who play humans but yeah...for me its ....sorta weird...i am only playing a gypsy because its most like me...but if i could play a human it wouldn't be like me....is that weird?

I am a human and I play one as well. But they are not alike. :)

heheheh the thing is that i tried to push my acting boundaries since i am so shy...i thought what could i play that would really challenge me to be a bit more outgoing? so i chose a gypsy...but the costume is ...just ....a bit more girly than my regular clothes...its the accent i'm worried about....

but i think it would be fun to play a human...i mean the lack of make up prothetics, etc. is just such a bonus!!!

Back