Introductions

Hello folks! I'm Seth. Just accepted a job offer on Buckley AFB in Aurora and will be relocating with my family from New Mexico in August. I come preloaded with about 7 years' LARP experience; started at NERO Valor in Virginia, then a few events with Alliance Seattle (I only NPC'd), and then finally a different game out of Seattle called "Legacies". I got as far as a phone conversation with Mike Ventrella about starting an Alliance Chapter in New Mexico, but I decided not to pursue it.

I'm a computer security guy by trade and, as you'd probably expect, I play and GM a lot of tabletop RPG (SLA Industries, Deathwatch, Edge of the Empire, Pathfinder [if I must]). Also I'm an avid board (don't care for Euro games) and computer gamer (I'm elbow-deep as a guildmaster in Elder Scrolls Online at the moment).

I do have some questions about getting a character's build points transferred over, but this thread isn't really the place for that.

Aside from LARPing, I will be looking for some folks in the Aurora area who are interested in some weekly tabletop gaming (probably at my house, once I've purchased it and we're all moved in).

Welcome Seth! You will want to talk to Logistics (acarthislogistics@gmail.com) or Jessi (owner@alliancedenver.com) the chapter owner about transfers. Last I heard, because we are a new chapter we are not currently allowing character transfers, but Jessi would be the final word on that. Again, Welcome to Alliance Denver!

Welcome to Colorado, Seth! Looking forward to meeting you and your family. Our local Alliance game has an unusually high percentage of table-top roleplayers, and I have every confidence that you'll find no shortage whatsoever of gamers eager to join you in Aurora.

Several of us also share a common background with you from NERO -- I'm good friends with David Bliss, whom you may remember from VALOR, depending on the years you played there. Your familiarity with a similar rules system should make this an easy transition for you, I hope.

Check out our Facebook group, "Alliance LARP Denver." When you get up here, come out to our weekly fighter practices in Arvada. We're very lucky to have a super friendly and welcoming community of players in this game. We'd love to meet you prior to an event.

Trace Moriarty

Oh yeah! Dave Bliss! He built this REALLY sweet looking, purple Flamberge boffer, to match his always purple cloak. Man I wanted that sword, lol!

At VALOR, I played a human fighter named Kale Rend (along with the Kale Rend and Company mercenary outfit).

I'll be doing something different this time I think, after reading the players' guide and I'm pretty sold on a Human Templar and joining the Vigilant as a Companion. I've started shopping around for maces.

Hail and Well Met!
I came to the last event (April 2014) and really enjoyed myself!

I'm Mark, and looking forward to roleplaying with you all!
I live in the mountains west of Boulder, and have been in Boulder for over 20 years.

I've been involved in RPGs for about 35 years. And LARPs for 25 years (A little bit of these: Quest in CT back in the early 90's, IFGS and NERO in mid to late 90's, Nero Empire several years ago, Vampire several years ago, Crusade of Legends last year); but despite my total LOVE of LARPing, I have not shown much commitment and consistency in attendance to any LARP (I'm intending for this to change this year!), mostly due to my workload (especially in the summer) and that I do get a large dose of LARPing in my career - larping with children and teens in Boulder and Denver for the last 20 years (Adventure Quest LARP, with www.RenaissanceAdventures.com - it's my full-time job and the full-time gig for several folks, and for a few dozen staff in the summer). The AQ game system is very different from Alliance, and I'm still trying to learn the game system of Alliance - so please coach me!

Hobbies - I really love roleplaying and interactive storytelling in a variety of forms - tabletop, computer (elder scrolls), and especially in LARPs. I am passionate about free-form dancing - for the expression, playfulness, emotional release, and stress release. I also appreciate meditation, cooking healthy food (i'm a health nut), nature, hiking, authenticity, honesty and more.

At Alliance I'm going to explore a character archetype I don't usually play - Fellstar of Sky Bear Clan - a Barbarian Warrior.
I think I'll enjoy the change, and I think there's some things for me to learn from exploring this archetype. I'll be wielding a two-handed sword - again, very out-of-character for me! Wish me luck! :)

Last edited:
Good luck, and Well met! I enjoyed seeing you at game, and your discussion of clan honor at the Chivalry lesson was really cool.

My name is Molly, I'm the lead graphic designer for a company in Denver that owns some restaurants/bars/clubs. I've never been LARPing before, but it seems like a fun thing to do. I've always played RP games (ESO, Elder Scrolls in general, and so forth) and tried my hand at tabletop Dungeons and Dragons. I've got absolutely no idea what I'm doing or where to start, but I'm reading up on the rules and getting a bit of an idea! Hopefully I'll be coming to the event in July.

My name is Molly, I'm the lead graphic designer for a company in Denver that owns some restaurants/bars/clubs. I've never been LARPing before, but it seems like a fun thing to do. I've always played RP games (ESO, Elder Scrolls in general, and so forth) and tried my hand at tabletop Dungeons and Dragons. I've got absolutely no idea what I'm doing or where to start, but I'm reading up on the rules and getting a bit of an idea! Hopefully I'll be coming to the event in July.
Welcome Molly!

Yes, and we're totally awesome, too! HUMANS FTW!

Trace

hello every one my name is Austin, lived in Colorado my entire life. never larped in my life but its been a kind of far away interest for me. the reason I'm joining finally is because I found a larp group that sounds absolutely amazing, and I got to larp at Denver comic con and I loved it. if your cant tell by the name I will most likely be going as Nar~bul tinderlain , a dwarven fighter. hope to meet some of you in the up and coming events (probably not this weekend).
~austin

No time to actually read it yet. During the week before a game, I can't really do much except prep things for the game. Once you join us in NPC camp, you will see what I mean....
However, I look forward to checking it out Monday night. :)

Hello!

My name is Jeff and July (2014) will be my first event. I've been LARPing for a long time and really enjoy it. This will be my first experience with a multi-day open-world style of LARP (most of my previous experience is in IFGS).

Anyway, I've enjoyed the fighter practices a lot this spring and I'm excited to get out to my first event.

Jeff

Unfortunately won't be making it this weekend due to some work things... but I'll definitely be at the next one! Hope ya'll have fun.

Back