Jackrabbit kin

Sunnfire said:
Except that you are not allowed to play your character with less build. Period.

So refusal of racial abilities = don't play here.

Hence where I said it gets a little sticky if you start refusing paying customers because a different plot team said their racial abilities were fine, but you decide for your arbitrary reasons that they are not.

You don't play with less build. The build is spent. Your ability is still technically on the card. You just aren't allowed to use it. Which is what I just said.

Maybe you should reword your statement/question to make it more clear?

On a random side tangent, your Rabbitkin could clearly kick my rabbitkin's butt. I play mine with more of a 'prey' mind set, with a tendancy to freeze initially then run when faced with danger (although he will pepper you with arrows if he's not about to get chowed down on). RP wise he tends to shrink from conflict, and tries to feed any sarr/fierce kin types that pay him any attention (a full hunter is a lazy hunter after all).

For ears I had two pair of ears made with floral wire and faux fur, one pair stiff, one pair floppy, although I almost always wear my floppy ears as they give a bit more credance to the bounding bunny look at times. Both pairs of ears are spaced the same so I can slip the head band on then the ears go through the head bandanna covering the whole deal. Granted my rabbit is built like he is to be an artisan, you are clearly going with a differnt concept which is cool.

As to racials, I rarely see any issue with a set locally or abroad, but I have to side with Sunnfire, unallowed racials means play a different toon for a variety of reasons (such as if I disallow the prof, what about the eviserates/slays/parries/and disarms based on that 'extra' prof?) My personal Rabbit has dodge (easy sell) and Gypsy Curse (lucky rabbit's foot effect) although he dresses very flamboyantly as well (mainly cause I was split between a gypsy and another kin for a new toon)

jpariury said:
You treat the build as existent but otherwise unspent for the purposes of tags.

Except then you get people asking if they can spend the build elsewhere, which would be a logistical nightmare.

Frankly, it'd be better IMO to just tie advantages and disadvantages together into a package deal and let people take whatever they want for Wylderkin. You want a racial prof? That means you'll be paying double for Read and Write. Claws? No Archery or Thrown Weapon. And so on. Pick any two packages.

Lurin said:
As to racials, I rarely see any issue with a set locally or abroad, but I have to side with Sunnfire, unallowed racials means play a different toon for a variety of reasons (such as if I disallow the prof, what about the eviserates/slays/parries/and disarms based on that 'extra' prof?)

Good point. If a Racial Prof isn't allowed how should Logistics handle this? In fact, how should Logistics handle the not-allowed-skill period? If it is on the card then the player should be able to use it, but the character shouldn't have a different skill-set from one chapter to another.

Hmmm... Something for the ALC to discuss.

IMO, the best course of action would be for the owners to vote on whether or not they still feel that the ability for Plot to disallow racials is valuable, both at character creation and on a per-chapter basis. If they do, then it should fall on them to clarify how they want that handled. If not, then all's good and jolly, just strike that bit out of the ARB.

Well Ideally a precedent should be set in the rules or by someone with the authority to do so that there is a fair rule between chapters, like the one i stated, working kind of like the Oaks test does in Canadian law. Baring that, if a chapter refuses a racial, it should be treated like a character that suddenly has his rascals changed. the character i am taking a muligan on to create this one started a game as a Gypsy and ended up a sar(note to others, if a big bad is casting formal magic, run. do not stand around watching the local orc hit it with a big hammer). I no longer had gypsy curse and could immediately, which is to say during the hold in which many of us had to change makeup, spend those points on a different racial ability. the orcs and ogers had lots of points to spend on racial assassinate and claws, but i did not.

In my opinion i should have to choose a new racial for the purpose of the new chapter, like resist magic, and spend those points on those or other things available to me. A character should not be unfairly penalized for choosing a racial that their plot thought was good but your does not. whether or not my argument for prof flies in the new chapter does not change the fact that i earned those build points, and the point of a system with many chapters is that if i go to a different one, what i accomplished in one caries over to the other.
One question to those that think it is unfair to have different skills for different chapters is this: Who is harmed? I would much rather keep the skills i have in my home chapter, and this does not allow me to pick new traits or skills unless my original are refused. as far as any one at the new chapter is concerned, my skills have always been what they are there. And as to logistics, i would, as any player should, contact plot/logistics in the chapter i intend to visit well in advance, and hopefully settle any issue long before i show up on site.

@Lurin: your rabbit-kin sounds like a sock-lop or bush bunny. I based my concept on the behavior i have seen in the jackrabbits on my campus, which is standoffish and a bit agresive. It matches my style which is to stand my ground if i think i can win and run if not. i am infact quite good at running, but it would not be a fun weekend for me if i dont bash some crunchies. as to predatory PCs, i dont think many can catch me, and once they learn that hopefully they will stop trying. Telling the players of my planned character, i will have more to wory about people trying to pet his ears than eat him. He doesnt like that either.

Inaryn said:
jpariury said:
You treat the build as existent but otherwise unspent for the purposes of tags.

Except then you get people asking if they can spend the build elsewhere, which would be a logistical nightmare.
That's why it's unspent for the purposes of tags, not for spending build. Also, players probably shouldn't be spending build in a chapter they're visiting.

Lurin said:
My personal Rabbit has dodge (easy sell) and Gypsy Curse (lucky rabbit's foot effect) although he dresses very flamboyantly as well (mainly cause I was split between a gypsy and another kin for a new toon)

Hmm....I would've thought the justification for Gypsy Curse would be more like "Do you KNOW how many rabbits there are in the world?!?!? And of course we're all related." :funny: :p

That's the logic San Fran accepted my rabbit on so you might be on to something there. Realistically there are very, very few cases I can think of where I would personally disallow a specific racial, and I've yet to do it, take that with a grain of salt as we only run through a couple kin (half local, half traveling).

Back