Jinns house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calan rolls over on his bunk as the noise on the porch has died down but he still couldn't seem to sleep. his mind raced thinking of all that occurred the last while. he went down a mental checklist of everything he would have to do for the next few weeks. part of him even wondered if he would be able to get it all done.

Some quiet chatting can be heard coming from the room that Rohnan and Phal share with Ruki.

Last edited:
Phalaenopsis leaves their room, closing the door quietly behind him, and went about setting himself up to spend the night next to the front door: he dragged a chair under the window, set a bag of snacks on the floor next to it, and placed a book on the seat to read by the moonlight. The sun hadn't quite set yet, so he went and knocked on the door to Calan and Jinn's room.

As phal is knocking on the door Jinn enters the house.

"Phal... what are you doing?"

After hearing all the talking and waiting for it to be done, Sarryn pushes his self off the nearby wall he was leaning on. "Well now that everyone else has bugged Jinn about something I guess it's my turn." Heading up the stairs and watching the door click shut Sarryn smiles to himself as he thinks this is how he used to be when he lead things never a moments rest. Knocking on the door "Jinn, it's Sarrryn, Solveig sent me to come talk about the wedding and to see how the ceremony is going"

Calan chuckles at the calamity of living in such a busy household and pushes himself off the bed. he opens the door to his room spotting Phalaenopsis standing there. over his shoulder, he can see Jinn. Calan having already heard Jinn ask Phal what it was he was up to didn't bother repeating the question. instead, he decided to greet Phal with a warm smile.

Jinn opens the door "come on in Sarryn, what's on your mind?"

Solrex takes in everything and thinks to himself before he hears the door click shut and notices everyone went inside. Standing up, he goes and knocks on the door, his gloved hands wandering around the handle, to see if it was metal or wood. He thought about how while yes, he didn’t die during his adventures earlier, he wasn’t foreign to the concept of death. He might discuss his fallen significant other, but, it was a lot of hard memories for him, if he even just said her name, he might break down into tears for the next day or so.

After knocking on the door, he waits to see if he is let in. If not, he could always go elsewhere, as this was draining, but he felt unfinished in his thoughts.

Seeing the dryad approve behind Sarryn, Jinn waves his hand.

"Cone in Solrex, it may be a tight squeeze but we can all fit in here."

Calan raises an eyebrow. “I’m feeling like it is a bit crowded in here. I think I’m gonna go for a walk.” Calan looks to Phal. “If there is something you wanted to discuss you’re free to accompany me.”
Calan pats his friend on the shoulder as he walks past toward the front door.

On his way out he gives the two house guests a friendly smile and nod.

Phalaenopsis gave Jinn a sidelong glance as he approached, and opened his mouth to answer when Calan opened the door, and Sarryn announced his arrival. 'Well, poop,' he thought, 'Why does everyone have such bad timing?' "I was just--" he started, but then Solrex and Sarryn were coming in, and Calan was heading out. 'Dammit.'

He shakes head in frustration, and follows Calan out the door. "Hi, Sarryn; Jinn, Rohnan's trying to sleep, so all of you keep it down; I have to chat with Calan, so I'll see you all later." he said very quickly as he passed them.

He caught up to Calan quickly, and walked alongside him in silence until they were out of earshot of the house. "Actually, I do need to talk to you. Preferably in private."

"Ahh I see, well then shall we all step outside" Jinn says while gesturing to Sarryn and Solrex. Half guiding half fishing he ushers them back outside to the porch.

The two walk off to the fae Forrest. Conversation taken to pm.

Solrex was ushered outside, and he took the same seat at the porch outside. Looking to the person that spoke to him before going inside, he explained, “I’m a bit tired, but I would like to explain something. While I’ve personally never died, there was someone in my life who did… it would probably leave me in tears just to say her name, so I’ll refrain, but she was a female dryad I loved, that- I failed. I could have healed her, but I miscanted, and I only had one spell slot at the time, I still only have one spell slot. She didn’t have a strong enough spirit to come back through the circle. I decided to invest myself fully into channeling, so I would never miscant again… you know, 3 super simple spell words. I used to be a very extroverted happy guy, but, things scar you and-“

Solrex breathed in deeply, holding back tears, and spoke, “As I was saying, I’m not foreign to the idea of death. But don’t think for a second that I am unfamiliar with it. Because of her death, I vow to never let another person down, I will heal all my friends, and be strong enough to save them all. That’s what I promised to her lifeless corpse. If there is a way to learn Life spells through channeling, I will have a thousand spell slots for that. None of my friends will die!!!”

Solrex slinked into his chair, and quietly sobbed. He knew he was at his limit. He spoke, “That’s all I wanted to share. Say what you will, and then I will take a rest before I go to sleep. If any of you are injured, tell me and I will restore your wounds. That doesn’t just apply to tonight.”

Solrex then paused, and waited to allow others to get a chance to respond to him before he introverted off for the night. He tried his best to hide his tears, but it was plainly obvious. Had he said her name, it would have triggered him to be bawling for the rest of the night, maybe even in the morning.

Calan reemerges out of the woods and stands down at the bottom of the steps. he glances around at the pumpkins, and the leaves falling from the trees. raising an eyebrow at Solrex who was clearly distraught. Looking up at those on the porch Calan faces Jinn.

"Did you guys threaten to lock him in a room with Necromancers or something? wait wait, did you tell him to make like a tree and leave? Because that would be mean, funny, but mean."

Shaking his head “Sorry Jinn, I had a flash back to when I was this busy and everyone was calling for the Magistrate or just pounding on my door yelling my name” smiling Sarryn lets himself be guided back outside and takes a seat. After listening to Solrex, Sarryn nods “You and Mar have similar stories you should talk to each other.” Then turning to Jinn “I came to talk about the wedding and to see if you had anything planned or had done anything yet for the ceremony?”

Last edited:
Jinn stands there and takes in everything Solrex tells him.

"That's... alot. Sadly, I feel like losing loved ones is why we all end up here, why we end up adventurers. It drives us to grow our abilities, to save who we can. I didn't end up in this city, carrying around two swords and too much blood on my hands because my life has been perfect." Jinn pats him on the shoulder. "I imagine it has been a lot to take in over the past few days, but keep growing your power. It will serve her memory well."

Jinn then turns to Sarryn.

"I haven't had much time to prepare anything, and I still have to speak to the weavers about what 'official' *Jinn makes air quotes* things I need to say or do. I am planning a speech.....ish for after your vows. More like words of congratulations I guess. As you can see it's been mildly busy around here, but I will have something. Marriage is special and I will do my best to make people cry. Is there anything you or Slovig was hoping i would do?"

Hearing the joke about making like a tree and leaving, he sniffled, then chuckled sadly, and responded, “No, no necromancers or cruel jokes, but that was a pretty good one.”

Standing up, he walked to the edge of the porch and turned back, “Mar? Is that short for something? What race is Mar?”

Turning to the last voice, he spoke, “I already have done this, but I promise I will become the best healer I possibly can. You have my word.”

On the edge of the porch, he remained there until he learned who Mar was, then would run off to go rest.

Solrex nodded, “Right, I’ll head there in a bit, I’m mentally exhausted.” He then left, and headed straight to the Earth Weaver’s Tent, and just meditated outside the circle. This place always calmed him down. Maybe in a bit he would go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back